Page 85 of 263 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    It's like nobody remembers what it's like to be trolled by King Buzzo anymore.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Never be another tool record.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    double post.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I DID NOT create this, just found it on something called the Internet...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    My guess is the obvious guess: they (Tool members) would like to replenish their bank accounts since headlining festivals and selling out arenas for $100 a pop is a great source of income. As long as musicians put on a great show I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. I know I would if I could, would beat my day job fo sho.
    It's funny, i was just talking about this same thing with my wife yesterday.
    They aren't in Puscifer, they haven't a vineyard, they, too, would like Pay. And hell no, there's nothing "wrong" with it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    It's funny, i was just talking about this same thing with my wife yesterday.
    They aren't in Puscifer, they haven't a vineyard, they, too, would like Pay. And hell no, there's nothing "wrong" with it.
    fwiw, I believe the vineyard doesn't make any money yet. And I doubt Puscifer makes much money yet either.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think it's likely Puscifer is hemorrhaging money to do things like the overseas tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Sharky Shark Fin and Teleincision all over again?

I think Tool has been leading us on in the press. I absolutely cannot reveal my sources for this. Let's just say that the mixing process has happened.

Tracklist for Decem:
    Abscissa (13:47) The Awakening (12:03) Gematria (Act I) (14:33) Regresolution (13:56) Divinotus (12:45) Astral (Act II) (12:21)
    Descending (13:53) Decem (12:22) Lesous (Act III) (12:43) Principles of March (12:01) Pascal's Wager (13:46) Zeta (Act IV) (14:27)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Judging by the song/track titles, we're definitely not being trolled!

poop_emoji.jpeg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    lol those sound like The Mars Volta track titles.

Tool has like 6/7 songs in their entire catalog that are made up, mystic sounding words. The dozens and dozens of their other songs just have normal song titles. Why do the people who make these fake tracklists always think every Tool song has some gibberish name like that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Regresolution (13:56)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Why do the people who make these fake tracklists always think every Tool song has some gibberish name like that?
    My guess is because of Aenema and Lateralus. It's also a funny way to troll the nerds who would look into what these words might mean in Latin.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Removed from Reddit. Shit, Ultimate-Guitar (almost) bought it: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ours_long.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're well into the finishing stages, TBH. This is pretty much how Lateralus was written. How long has it been since all the lawsuit stuff wrapped up?

They've admitted Maynard's been getting regular updates via a shared Dropbox account.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At this point I'll have owned and listened to the next Tool album for a calendar year and will still be wondering if it really exists.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    At least Maynard is quick to shoot down these speculations. It's a harsh reminder that nothing's done and it's a tough pill to swallow, but I'd rather have bullshit like this snuffed immediately than hop on the speculation band wagon. Until Tool's website posts and confirms two things: Album title and release date, I won't believe anything that gets posted anywhere else.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    If the track times are correct, that would mean the record is 158 mins, 24 secs. That's 2 jam-packed CD's.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That's 2 jam-packed CD's.
    That sounds like an infomercial at 3:00 a.m. for some box set of '70's Classic Rock hits.

At this point I'll take what I can get.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    New Tool: 2018 at the earliest. Anyone want to bet?

The Pot and Opiate videos: 2019, featuring a weird character wandering thru a weird world, populated by weird creatures doing weird things. How about suprising us and breaking new ground for once. I bet the new songs adam's working on are the same old drop d riffs. I love tool but they've become so predictable. That new 'section' of a song they've been playing does nothing for me. Its a fucking shame.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    New Tool: 2018 at the earliest. Anyone want to bet?

I looked closely at the previous album title, 10000 Days.
    Binary 10000 is sixteen = 2016.
    'D' in Days ponts to December, and remaining 'ays' sounds like 'eighth'
    /troll mode off

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    I looked closely at the previous album title, 10000 Days.
    Binary 10000 is sixteen = 2016.
    'D' in Days ponts to December, and remaining 'ays' sounds like 'eighth'
    /troll mode off
    Seems accurate.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Every time I see this thread bumped I roll my eyes.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Oh, please. You know you want a Tool blanket for when we're rolling in the sheets.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If there's ever been a bigger waste of talent, please direct us to it...

...but enough about me, what's going on with the new Tool album???

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, the latest is from the newest newsletter posted yesterday. I'll bold the stuff that stood out to me.

Knowing that Danny would be visiting me in the desert for a couple of days, I scratched out a list of questions for him to answer about how things were progressing with the new material and about some other Tool projects that are currently in the works. You know, things that he (and the other band members) never get tired of being asked about. After picking him up at the airport, with the carmometer showing 122 degrees!, I suddenly remembered that when I first suggested that he come and hang at my new place for a while, the selling point was that it would be a good chance for him to relax while kicking back in a Tiki-themed bar and/or trying his skills at video poker. In keeping with a new policy of moderation, we could also hunt for some obscure esoteric books on our obscure esoteric books list - something that we hadn't done for quite a while. So, with that in mind, I tossed my page of questions into the trash.However, the next day while having lunch at "Bootleggers" - a 'Sinatra's Way' Italian restaurant on the Vegas south strip - I casually asked about the status of the new album (Namely, how the writing/arranging sessions were going?) - to which he replied, "Good!" While enjoying his "House Specialty" lasagna to the sounds of an excellent pianist (and master harpist, Mariano Gonzalez!), he added that they were very close to knocking out another tune, and that as soon as it was finished, they would send a recording of it to Maynard. When I asked if this was the song with the REALLY unique time signatures, he told me that they had already finished the music on that one. Okay, admittedly, not exactly stop the press news, but what can I say, other than that they are still grinding away on new material four days a week, and would be back at it later in the week (once Danny returned from the Las Vegas glitz, Justin from celebrating his wedding anniversary and Shelee's birthday in palm-swaying Hawaii, and Adam hunting for glossy treasures at Comic-Com 2016 in San Diego).The other question that I asked Danny concerned the fate of the broken vintage Pepsi machine from the loft - whether or not it had been repaired? Now, here was something that brought a quick response: Yes, he was determined to have it fixed, with or without the 'original' parts. Finally, what about the so-called "curveball", to which he replied that he still wasn't sure when it would be made available for public consumption, but that "It turned out dang good, though!"So, what didn't I ask him? Well, a few things, with the first being: Excluding vocals, segues, etc., what percentage of the new album material was complete? I also didn't ask him if there were plans for any guest musicians to perform on the new record, or if they had discussed any cover artwork concepts? Finally, I didn't ask him if there would be anything that was shockingly different from the signature Tool sound on the new album? Sorry, maybe next time - when there might be some answers that I can post. For now, keep in mind the old adage: "No news is good news." It was time to head to the long bar of the dimly lit "Golden Tiki" for a tropical libation (and glass of ice water!).I almost forgot one last item. On second thought, why even bother to bring it up? Oh, what the hell... Danny did mention the possibility of something happening after the record was released, but that this was definitely NOT a sure thing at this point. Since this involves something that may or may not even happen, I won't (if fact, can't) expand on it - only to say that: if it does happen, now that would be stop the press news!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The whole thing is a quick and easy read. That's a good newsletter.