Page 84 of 263 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 7886

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I thought it was just called Descending. Where did the A/ part come from?
    The set lists supposedly said that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Here is a non-Facebook link, because yours isn't working for me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Die Antwoord? Hellz yes.

Also, so this post isn't a total waste, check out me troll these scrubs over on theprp.com, man these guys get worked up.

http://www.theprp.com/2016/06/06/new...october-shows/

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tool and pussyfur eh

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    "hey, we got offered another over the top amount of $ for a late fall festival, so we're gonna come up with a bullshit small tour out of it to bilk suckers for even more $"

a truly active band wouldn't cynically wait for a festival to throw a shit ton of $ at them before they decide to do ANYTHING for an entire year. Fuck this bullshit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It blows my mind how these VIP tickets keep selling out. $500 to hear Adam Jones play guitar for a couple minutes and tell them, "We've been working hard" and "We hope to have the album out as soon as possible." OK!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortysixand2 View Post
    It blows my mind how these VIP tickets keep selling out. $500 to hear Adam Jones play guitar for a couple minutes and tell them, "We've been working hard" and "We hope to have the album out as soon as possible." OK!
    Eh, some of them got a full sound check. And IIRC they were the first to hear A/Descending.

I'm not gonna blame the band for offering backstage passes but valuing their time, too.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    From what I've read in comments on Fourtheye and talking to a couple people at shows the VIP is worth the money if you have it. Remember this also includes a ticket usually in the first few rows. Is it for the casual fan or worth saving up pennies for a few years and can't afford it? Probably not. There's much shittier VIP packages put out there by bands that release a new album every few years though.

As for the mini-tours, they rarely have played the same market multiple times over the past 6 years- on top of being able to sell out (those two words together!) shows . And no one's putting a gun to anyone's head to go.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    As for the mini-tours, they rarely have played the same market multiple times over the past 6 years- on top of being able to sell out (those two words together!) shows . And no one's putting a gun to anyone's head to go.
    I know this may sound weird but do you think Puscifer is the reason why Tool is doing these festival dates? With the two festival dates, Puscifer is almost tacked onto it like an obligation of sorts.

Maynard: "Hey I want Puscifer to do this gig".
    Promoter: "Okay, bring Tool and let's talk".

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I know this may sound weird but do you think Puscifer is the reason why Tool is doing these festival dates?
    My guess is the obvious guess: they (Tool members) would like to replenish their bank accounts since headlining festivals and selling out arenas for $100 a pop is a great source of income. As long as musicians put on a great show I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. I know I would if I could, would beat my day job fo sho.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    And, as much as I hate to say it, it's the band back together and working together.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    "hey, we got offered another over the top amount of $ for a late fall festival, so we're gonna come up with a bullshit small tour out of it to bilk suckers for even more $"

a truly active band wouldn't cynically wait for a festival to throw a shit ton of $ at them before they decide to do ANYTHING for an entire year. Fuck this bullshit.
    You sound pretty angry for someone who lives in Chilltown.

And Tool isn't a truly active band, so I'm not sure why you're trying to hold them to the standards of one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

I agree, worst band ever.

Can we just have this thread locked now please?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    lol this is crazy. How is a band playing shows possibly, in any light, a bad thing? The alternative is not playing shows. It's not as if they're taking precious time away from writing the album to play 4 or 5 shows. This is good news for a lot of fans, and it's not hurting anything.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    lol this is crazy. How is a band playing shows possibly, in any light, a bad thing? The alternative is not playing shows. It's not as if they're taking precious time away from writing the album to play 4 or 5 shows. This is good news for a lot of fans, and it's not hurting anything.
    But...but...but it's a cash grab. A total sell out corporate greed bullshit cash grab! They're supposed to be artists, man! But no, these greedy fucks are letting people just give them cash without getting anything, like an expensive to produce, concert in return. It's no wonder they're called "tool". In what light could any of this possibly be a good thing?????

/sarcasm

I think the cynicism comes from frustration. Fans are frustrated because such a highly regarded band have all but disappeared after about a decade of teasing that new music is coming, and so when just a couple of concerts come up once in a blue moon, these fans get disheartened because to them it seems like the once "artistic" band has become nothing but four guys who need to refresh their bank accounts while continuing to not release the new music that people feel entitled to. I'm not saying I even remotely agree with them, but I think that's what is going on in their angry, pessimistic heads.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm guessing SM Rollinger was being sarcastic in his post reply to bobbie...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'd puts odds of a release at 70/30 in favor. Maynard's certainly been prolific over the last couple years. Adam's been working on stuff and, for the first time, the entire band seems to be on the same page as far as having songs written.

Maynard's recent comments about "finding a way forward" imply, to me, that he's trying to write for the material again. He's taken a more serious tone with Puscifer but it's still a lot different than Tool.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'm guessing SM Rollinger was being sarcastic in his post reply to bobbie...
    Well then. Facepalm revoked.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I don't know I'm thinking about going to one of the shows, Tool is a band on my bucket list and I dig the visuals on A/Descending.
    Where you located at? There's some great seats for good prices on Stubhub for Little Rock- decided to take advantage of that myself along with cheap airfare miles and a friend who wanted to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I still have not gotten to see Tool yet even though I've had tix before. Got tix to Little Rock. I want the old stuff since I have not seen them, I would be pissed if its a new album tour, lol. Had tix for KC 2016 but there was ice here, in 2010 the scalpers had all tix and I was not gonna pay for behind the stage on the side, 2007 summer i was in a bad car wreak and could not go . So out 4 shows maybe I will make it to Little Rock.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm looking for a face value SLC ticket, preferably floor and close to the stage. Pipe dream, I fucking know.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Be lucky you're having at least these few shows.
    Even since I was able to afford to travel to concerts (that would be since approx. 2008) I've seen Tool on every European tour they did. If you know what I mean.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Trailer for The 'Nard's upcoming bioghraphy...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Looking forward to music in 2017. Maroon 5, Tool, Sevendust...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Looking forward to music in 2017. Maroon 5, Sevendust...
    FTFY.

10chars

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    From an interview with Buzz Osbourne (Melvins):
    Bands like Tool obviously spend about six months on their albums, and they’ve spent about ten years putting together the new one. And they haven’t even started recording yet, but Adam [Jones, Tool guitarist] told me the shortest song they’ve been working on is twelve minutes long
    Source: http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-06-...s-buzz-osborne

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    From an interview with Buzz Osbourne (Melvins):

Source: http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-06-...s-buzz-osborne
    Surely that's sort of the norm for Tool? That most of them will get whittled down to 6-8 minutes or so? Imagine they released an album, 71 minutes long but with like 4 tracks lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think they should take "Thick as a Brick" to the next level.

80 minutes, 1 track