Page 116 of 263 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Recording in April, huh? So this means it could potentially still see a release in 2018? Right? RIGHT???

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Recording in April, huh? So this means it could potentially still see a release in 2018? Right? RIGHT???
    Yeah, they probably have just enough time left to get it out for Christmas — barring any further delay. Going by their timeframe for 10,000 Days, the recording, mixing and mastering will take between three and four months — they record like most old-school heavy rock bands do: by laying down bed takes of Danny's drums straight through for each song, and then overdubbing everything else on top. 10,000 Days was finished at the end of 2005 and came out in late April/early May 2006.
    Last edited by botley; 02-17-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yeah, they probably have just enough time left to get it out for Christmas. Going by their timeframe for 10,000 Days, the recording, mixing and mastering will take between three and four months — they record like most old-school heavy rock bands do, lay down takes of Danny's drums straight through for each song, and then overdub everything else on top. 10,000 Days was finished at the end of 2005 and came out in late April/early May 2006.
    If APC's release schedule is any indication, we should at the very least have a new single out by sometime in Q4 or maybe even late Q3.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    If APC's release schedule is any indication, we should at the very least have a new single out by sometime in Q4 or maybe even late Q3.
    If they record this year I’d guess late Q4 or Q1 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    If they record this year I’d guess late Q4 or Q1 next year.
    ...for the album. Right? (I was talking about the first single in the post you quoted)
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-17-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought the Cam De Leon artwork, like the smoke box on the cover of Aenima and the spinning eyeball thing on the inside were pretty cool. Sucks to hear that he was a big part of the delay. I hear his stuff on the Salival packaging was pretty cool and I've seen it online, but that's not too easy to get ahold of an actual physical copy of.

Alex Grey really only did Lateralus and 10,000 Days right? That's not like too extremely much. It's not like that's the only artist they've ever worked with.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    Alex Grey really only did Lateralus and 10,000 Days right? That's not like too extremely much.
    Well, yeah, he only did those two album covers. But he's also been responsible for the artwork on basically every t-shirt for those eras and much of the live show visuals as well.

It's not like that's the only artist they've ever worked with.
    No, but they've worked with him exclusively since 2001, which is pretty considerable.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Wow, no vocals laid down and nothing even tracked yet, huh? I'm utterly shocked. And here I was thinking a new album would be dropping any day now..

lol this band. How sad it truly is when Sebastian Bach of all people is hearing finished instrumentals before the goddamn singer of the group

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Wow, no vocals laid down and nothing even tracked yet, huh? I'm utterly shocked. And here I was thinking a new album would be dropping any day now..

lol this band. How sad it truly is when Sebastian Bach of all people is hearing finished instrumentals before the goddamn singer of the group
    not to be an ass to you but maynard just said today that he started to get final music a few months ago so I believe he has heard quite some stuff by now.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/whileyou...-tool-songs%2F

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hyperbole much?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I’m not nice enough to avoid being a jerk to you. I mean, come on. This thread straight up just posted a quote of Maynard saying he’s heard final versions of all but one song.

Why would they track anything when the lead singer is still working his part out?

Like, chill, okay?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Like, chill, okay?
    Like, whatever, okay?

I personally couldn't give af if this album ever comes out, because the running joke of Tool and their Chinese Democracy of Prog Metal will inevitably overshadow whatever end result they manage to come up with in the end. People are already shitting on what's been heard of the new APC record, so chances are grim the next Tool album will fare any better. It's hilarious how MJK is far and away the most active performer in the band and even he is fed up with waiting for this thing to get done..

I will bet you, Botley and any other true Tool believer in this thread $500 that, by this time next year, we'll still have yet to see a new Tool album or even have a firm release date for it. You game for that action?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like, whatever, okay?

I personally couldn't give af if this album ever comes out, because the running joke of Tool and their Chinese Democracy of Prog Metal will inevitably overshadow whatever end result they manage to come up with in the end. People are already shitting on what's been heard of the new APC record, so chances are grim the next Tool album will fare any better. It's hilarious how MJK is far and away the most active performer in the band and even he is fed up with waiting for this thing to get done..

I will bet you, Botley and any other true Tool believer in this thread $500 that, by this time next year, we'll still have yet to see a new Tool album or even have a firm release date for it. You game for that action?
    People shitted on 10,000 Days when it came out too, and I'm of the firm belief that it holds its own with the rest of their discography. My expectation is that the new album will be of similar quality as 10,000 Days, but of course there's no way to really know. I expect a large number of internet haters will trash it no matter what it sounds like, honestly. Sadly, that's just the culture that surrounds music these days, and there will be people who would be disappointed in it even if the music literally sprang out of the speakers and performed oral on the listener.

I don't intend to let that color my opinion of it, though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Like, whatever, okay?

If you don’t give a fuck, go away and let people who care talk about shit. I’ve got a life to live and kids to take care of. I listen to shit tons of music. I love Tool, APC, and Puscifer. I’ve got all the time in the world to wait if they choose to release something. If they don’t, no skin off my back.

If you wanna but down $500 you obviously still care. Sorry your fee-fees are hurt because they turned their backs on you or something.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    People shitted on 10,000 Days when it came out too, and I'm of the firm belief that it holds its own with the rest of their discography. My expectation is that the new album will be of similar quality as 10,000 Days, but of course there's no way to really know. I expect a large number of internet haters will trash it no matter what it sounds like, honestly. Sadly, that's just the culture that surrounds music these days, and there will be people who would be disappointed in it even if the music literally sprang out of the speakers and performed oral on the listener.

I don't intend to let that color my opinion of it, though.
    I more or less agree with this. No matter what they release, it's very likely to underwhelm because way too much time has passed and the bar of expectation has been set immeasurably high. 10KD was just a rehash of what they were doing on Lateralus, to me. I can't imagine 12 years of excuses, aimless studio jamming and the fact that the four band members are seldom even in the same room together is going to improve things much. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and we get something that can at least approach the level of genius we saw on display with Aenima, but I just don't see it being anywhere near possible at this point..

If you don’t give a fuck, go away and let people who care talk about shit. I’ve got a life to live and kids to take care of. I listen to shit tons of music. I love Tool, APC, and Puscifer. I’ve got all the time in the world to wait if they choose to release something. If they don’t, no skin off my back.

If you wanna but down $500 you obviously still care. Sorry your fee-fees are hurt because they turned their backs on you or something.
    lol you obviously take your Tool fandom very seriously, whereas I lost my patience for their excuses, false assurances, etc. years ago. As I've said many times before, I will definitely check out a new album should it ever materialise, but for now I'm staying rooted in the reality of bland non-humerous updates from Blair's Toolshed, Adam wasting everyone's time, tours of the same eight songs and a singer who is clearly not okay with the level of commitment his band members are putting forth. Not much else to see right now, really. I'm dead serious though when I say that a year from today, we will still have no new album on the horizon..

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    No matter what they release, it's very likely to underwhelm because way too much time has passed and the bar of expectation has been set immeasurably high. 10KD was just a rehash of what they were doing on Lateralus, to me. I can't imagine 12 years of excuses, aimless studio jamming and the fact that the four band members are seldom even in the same room together is going to improve things much. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and we get something that can at least approach the level of genius we saw on display with Aenima, but I just don't see it being anywhere near possible at this point..
    You keep saying this and no one cares. No one cares. Maybe take the hint?

I I say that a year from today, we will still have no new album on the horizon..
    Hey look, there's land over there! "No, bro, we are lost at sea forever and I bet you five hundred dollars this time next year we will be bleached skeletons". Like, get the fuck out of the boat, then.
    Last edited by botley; 02-18-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    One thing I love is that there were no songs under 7 minutes reported, what intrigued me was that it said that 'some' are nearly 20 minutes. Imagine if a double album drops - that will instantly redeem the whole wait for the album if it's a 2 disc-er.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't see how it couldn't be a double album at this point. I feel Danny was dropping a hint wearing a lamb lies down on Broadway shirt recently. It's something that is totally up their alley that they've never done, the time involved in writing it, and the fact that it will most likely be their swan song all point to it for me. If it was 10 tracks, 3 being ambient weird noises, that only leaves 7 new songs. 2 will be random tabla musings, 1 will be descending so that's really only 4 new songs I'd be interested in. Maybe I've lost my love for tool but the weird noise songs and tabla songs have been done to death. I really hope they go in a new direction.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    They’ll redeem the selves if the album is good. Most won’t care if the songs are 5 minutes or 15 minutes (although the latter is not what I’m hoping for).

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    tabla songs have been done to death.
    Yeah, I can do without these as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I more or less agree with this. No matter what they release, it's very likely to underwhelm because way too much time has passed and the bar of expectation has been set immeasurably high. 10KD was just a rehash of what they were doing on Lateralus, to me. I can't imagine 12 years of excuses, aimless studio jamming and the fact that the four band members are seldom even in the same room together is going to improve things much. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and we get something that can at least approach the level of genius we saw on display with Aenima, but I just don't see it being anywhere near possible at this point..

lol you obviously take your Tool fandom very seriously, whereas I lost my patience for their excuses, false assurances, etc. years ago. As I've said many times before, I will definitely check out a new album should it ever materialise, but for now I'm staying rooted in the reality of bland non-humerous updates from Blair's Toolshed, Adam wasting everyone's time, tours of the same eight songs and a singer who is clearly not okay with the level of commitment his band members are putting forth. Not much else to see right now, really. I'm dead serious though when I say that a year from today, we will still have no new album on the horizon..
    Not really. I just don’t care for people coming into these threads and incessantly predicting doom or complaining about the band taking too long or complaining about the setlists.

It’s been done to death and it’s something everyone is aware of. Plus the setlists have been changed up several times but people complain when they don’t change show-to-show. And it’s also been endlessly pointed out that they run a fairly complicated audio/visual show that requires a lot of prep work.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just went back to 10,000 Days last night after a nice smoke sesh with one of my buddies, and man, forgot how immersed this album makes me feel. This album gives me the opportunity to feel their music, rather than always thinking about it. The filler I do not mind if they were more pleasant sounding instrumentals instead of ambient speaking and noises that go on for five minutes (Viginti Tres I am looking at you). Each album gives me a different feeling starting with Aenima for not really caring for their older material. 10,000 days is far from perfect, but looking at it from afar, it still holds up it's own as a welcomed addition to their discography. Plus, the album packaging was stellar.

Maynard is this... the band is that... at this point it surprises me that people are still up in arms about how they deal with the recording process. The album will be out when it is out, and the entitlement game so many of their fans play is so tiresome.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-18-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    according to some instagram posts mjk’s working on puscifer and on one of adams he says they have mjk for 3 weeks in march

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    People shitted on 10,000 Days when it came out too, and I'm of the firm belief that it holds its own with the rest of their discography.
    am i one of the very few that finds 10k days superior to lateralus?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    Probably.

That still doesnt mean its it’s not a good/great album though. If they come up with something “as bad” as 10K Days I think I’d be more than happy with it. It’s tough for bands to make a lot of great albums, if not impossible.

I see people posting about Smashing Pumpkins, GnR, Tool, etc. how they’ve become somewhat nostalgia acts, and the best days are behind them. NO FUCKING SHIT! How many bands are around 30 years and make great material? Probably none, and that sure as hell includes the band that this forum is dedicated to. Look at The Rolling Stones and other “classic rock” acts- no different.

I do think music is, to some extent, a younger persons game. You only have so much in you, and your hungrier when not on top. I think it was Dee Snider of Twisted Sister saying once after that band hit it big in the mid 80’s: I’m sitting by a pool in my mansion, trying to right the next teenage angst song. How am I supposed to do that now!? (Or something along those lines)

now that im older and my favorite bands from the 80’s and 90’s are aging, I just hope they can write some decent material each release and put on a good show. Trent can do that to a certain extent and hope Tool can as well.
    Last edited by Krazy; 02-20-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: grammar/stupid Apple autocorrect

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    10k Days is a really visceral album for me. The others I feel like I kinda sit back and think about. 10k Days is just pure emotion for me. I can just take to the music like water and enjoy it without much thought.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    comparing tool albums is like comparing hattori hanzo swords.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Aenima is and always will be my favorite.

I love that album.

I also love how worked up and easily agitated some of you get over this band, lolz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    How many bands are around 30 years and make great material?
    Swans, Scott Walker, Nick Cave (with only a couple of not very satisfactory exceptions).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    Swans, Scott Walker, Nick Cave (with only a couple of not very satisfactory exceptions).
    Who?...

I think Scott Walker is a politician here in Wisconsin.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Who?...

I think Scott Walker is a politician here in Wisconsin.
    I believe he played bass in CoC if memory serves