Page 75 of 264 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Could technically make that TN date...make a weekend of it with the fam.
    Hmmm....decisions decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Primus will steal the show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Opening night in SD is really calling my name. It's on a Saturday, short flight from PHX....only problem is, I'm in NYC when tickets go on sale this Friday. I really enjoyed the Tool/Primus twofer on Halloween night...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow! Awesome news, 3Teeth are supporting. Great achievement for the lads.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Good to know the San Diego date didn't collide with my other planned things that month.

Now I have to figure out whether stay there the night or head back to LA that night.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Are Primus and 3TEETH both opening every night? Or are they opening different shows?

Also I checked out these 3TEETH guys and they're not bad. 30 years too late maybe.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Are Primus and 3TEETH both opening every night? Or are they opening different shows?

Also I checked out these 3TEETH guys and they're not bad. 30 years too late maybe.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?t...ut=tool&q=tool

Looks like both bands open except for two dates where it's just Tool and Primus

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    30 years too late maybe.
    Their popularity in the industrial scene would indicate otherwise. Stellar band, great live too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why hasn't Tool played NY since '06? This sucks. I've seen Primus a ton of times and now I won't be able to see them this tour since they won't be coming to NY either.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There better be more dates coming. WTF. Come to fucking Chicago fuckers....these short tours, excluding most major cities drives me crazy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Wait.. Infinite Energy Center? Don't they mean the Cobb Energy Center? That's like about a few minutes from where I live.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    a strictly southern tour. tulsa? seriously?
    Last edited by kel; 11-17-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    a strictly southern tour. tulsa? seriously?
    They probably didn't want to deal with winter. Who in the right mind has a full blown North American tour during the coldest month of the year, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I went to look at the new dates for some reason, and lol, the Tool website is so fucking shit. I don't think its been updated since Lateralus.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cicada View Post
    I went to look at the new dates for some reason, and lol, the Tool website is so fucking shit. I don't think its been updated since Lateralus.
    Pretty sure it's been like that since the late 90's. A steaming turd it is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The site proper is, bare minimum, as old as Salival (2000). Pretty sure it still looked like that for at least the year or two prior.

It was updated sometime after Lateralus came out with the crazy splash page animation. It also killed some of the secret pages (do people still know about those?). Somewhere around there, they also upgraded the chat interface. (Is the chat still gone now?)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    The site proper is, bare minimum, as old as Salival (2000). Pretty sure it still looked like that for at least the year or two prior.

It was updated sometime after Lateralus came out with the crazy splash page animation. It also killed some of the secret pages (do people still know about those?). Somewhere around there, they also upgraded the chat interface. (Is the chat still gone now?)
    Yes this is correct, it def precedes lateralus. Some of the band member pics on it are from them making Lateralus so it HAS had new content added to it. Its been around forever, its like Aenima themed. Its a fucking internet relic at this point. Im suprised that it doesnt list the bass player as Paul. I feel like ive seen that page every week since 99.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Was hoping to finally see them for the first time, too bad there's no FL date. I get why bands do it, but it's frustrating how often many will just hit Atlanta and call it a day.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Rumor is this is only the first half of the tour, second half starting after a 2 week break and Failure replacing Primus.

Not it sure if it's true- again, rumor only. If it's true I hope it's clarified before tickets go on sale Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be making a trip to the SA show from Houston. I'm more excited for Primus!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Yes this is correct, it def precedes lateralus. Some of the band member pics on it are from them making Lateralus so it HAS had new content added to it. Its been around forever, its like Aenima themed. Its a fucking internet relic at this point. Im suprised that it doesnt list the bass player as Paul. I feel like ive seen that page every week since 99.
    I remember when the discography page was the big update. Fuck. Pay for a web designer. They're artists as much as Adam these days.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I dont get what is so cool about meeting the band. WTF are you going to say to them? Do people think they are going to give answers to questions that they never have? Its going to be more of the same. Adam wont say shit unless you ask about his art and will prob look miserable the whole time.

I do sure hope they have a Chi date with Failure though....that would be cool. I would love to see them live, havent since '01, but i have zero desire to meet them. And i almost think (get the facepalm button ready)....that you need to have your head examined if you do. I mean, good for you if you have 500 bucks to just drop on watching the members of Tool look uncomfortable with a group of equally over eager fans. And then guess what, the whole weird ass situation is documented with a group picture! FUN!

Facepalm away....

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I dont get what is so cool about meeting the band. WTF are you going to say to them? Do people think they are going to give answers to questions that they never have? Its going to be more of the same. Adam wont say shit unless you ask about his art and will prob look miserable the whole time.

I do sure hope they have a Chi date with Failure though....that would be cool. I would love to see them live, havent since '01, but i have zero desire to meet them. And i almost think (get the facepalm button ready)....that you need to have your head examined if you do. I mean, good for you if you have 500 bucks to just drop on watching the members of Tool look uncomfortable with a group of equally over eager fans. And then guess what, the whole weird ass situation is documented with a group picture! FUN!

Facepalm away....
    Ego. It's all about wanting to say "your music is so important to me" to their faces. That's it. Verifying the tale of the self buried in a compliment.

I don't even get the autograph thing. I paid out the ass for the Dream Theater one and it was just an assembly line with zero real interaction (hard to have a conversation in a line of 100 people). The signatures mean nothing except that I spent money. It's worthless celebrity culture bullshit.

Unless you wanna sell it on eBay i guess.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Ego. It's all about wanting to say "your music is so important to me" to their faces. That's it. Verifying the tale of the self buried in a compliment.

I don't even get the autograph thing. I paid out the ass for the Dream Theater one and it was just an assembly line with zero real interaction (hard to have a conversation in a line of 100 people). The signatures mean nothing except that I spent money. It's worthless celebrity culture bullshit.

Unless you wanna sell it on eBay i guess.
    Autographs too. I got lucky enough to have a friend who works on Kimmel and when NIN played, he got me the dressing room sign that says Nine Inch Nails and its autographed by TR. He shipped it to me a day later. It was a huge suprise and its one of my favorite things just because of the story and NIN history of it. Doesent mean i want to meet TR and tell him how much his music means to me. Hes heard that shit before. He knows his music has touched people. So thats one thing, but I also paid for the autographed new Failure album and its literally in my garage in a pile of other CD's.

Edit: Dont want it to make it sound like i dont like failure or the new album. Both are amazing. New album is best of year.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 11-19-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my tix for the SA show.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not so lucky here. Looking for 2 tickets to San Diego. :/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Not so lucky here. Looking for 2 tickets to San Diego. :/
    Same here dude.

Got a seat at the nosebleeds but decided not to.

No regrets there cause I would have hated the view.

Let's hope they reveal dates soon.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Got a seat at the nosebleeds but decided not to.

Yup, I'll never do that again. Particularly for someone like NIN or Tool with so much visual stuff going on. Got some not-so-good seats to Spokane last year and just wasn't the same.

Anyyways, there will always be tickets available before the show. And if I must then I'll bite the bullet and go to Stubhub (ughh).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    That BOK center in Tulsa is fucking TINY. I saw NIN there on Year Zero. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.

I might try to make that one

Annnnd of course it's sold out.

God DAMNIT.

That would have been fucking AMAZING.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-21-2015 at 07:10 AM.