13 Post(s)

Tool

Dude, you're a seriously good dude.

Edit: Dude
    Last edited by gerbil; 01-04-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Dude

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm releasing more stuff than Tool is at this rate...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm releasing more stuff than Tool is at this rate...
    Youre pooping again, aren't you?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Youre pooping again, aren't you?
    I'm the couch now but I pooped about 30 minutes ago and thought of you.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    <3

sTooL

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I want to get in a time machine and go back to 2003 when everything started going in the retarded direction in Maynard's head (just before he decided to release The Outsider video) and re-wire his brain. We would now have 2 studio albums post-Lateralus that would each be better than the other with no delays and no crappiness. Will you join me in this voyage? Also, 10,000 Days would be titled something different and be only one word to match all the preceding album titles and the artwork wouldn't be a regurgitation of Alex Grey stuff.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I want to get in a time machine and go back to 2003 when everything started going in the retarded direction in Maynard's head (just before he decided to release The Outsider video) and re-wire his brain. We would now have 2 studio albums post-Lateralus that would each be better than the other with no delays and no crappiness. Will you join me in this voyage? Also, 10,000 Days would be titled something different and be only one word to match all the preceding album titles and the artwork wouldn't be a regurgitation of Alex Grey stuff.
    IIRC Billy ultimately decided to go with Bikini Bandits for The Outsider video. I'd have to go back and listen to the aMOTION commentary to be sure, though.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    IIRC Billy ultimately decided to go with Bikini Bandits for The Outsider video.
    We'll need to jump inside Billy's head too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    We'll need to jump inside Billy's head too.
    Let's get this done.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    While ya'll at it, can you also persuade Maynard to push that T......m record for a release?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm almost positive The Outsider video was Maynard's idea not Billy's.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I could be totally off base. I'll check when I get home.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Most of the time the direction that an artist goes in with their creations is a reflection of their own mindset. With that in mind clearly Maynard is not going in a "retarded direction" but instead has become a much happier person. Wishing he was still the angry man that he was when he was younger for your own benefit is rather selfish. I don't know if you have seen Puscifer live lately or even the What is Puscifer DVD but you can see it in his opening speech and general performance that he is enjoying himself. He also seems to have a lot more self confidence these days too. I personally relate to his transformation a lot. I used to be an angry metalhead kid and now I am a married, dad who can still make some metal sometimes but I also make a lot of electronic influenced/softer music too. These things happen. Artist need to be true to themselves and not just regurgitate shit to please the fans. A lot of us make music so we don't have a therapy bill! Living as angrily as Opiate/Undertow Maynard would have probably killed him! Also, if you get a time machine, lets try and do something better than make more Tool records okay?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    Most of the time the direction that an artist goes in with their creations is a reflection of their own mindset. With that in mind clearly Maynard is not going in a "retarded direction" but instead has become a much happier person. Wishing he was still the angry man that he was when he was younger for your own benefit is rather selfish. I don't know if you have seen Puscifer live lately or even the What is Puscifer DVD but you can see it in his opening speech and general performance that he is enjoying himself. He also seems to have a lot more self confidence these days too. I personally relate to his transformation a lot. I used to be an angry metalhead kid and now I am a married, dad who can still make some metal sometimes but I also make a lot of electronic influenced/softer music too. These things happen. Artist need to be true to themselves and not just regurgitate shit to please the fans. A lot of us make music so we don't have a therapy bill! Living as angrily as Opiate/Undertow Maynard would have probably killed him! Also, if you get a time machine, lets try and do something better than make more Tool records okay?
    I can also relate to his transition - I met my soul mate 2 years ago who turned my life around and we had our first daughter 5 months ago, and I couldn't be happier as a family man. It's not about wanting him to be angier, but wanting post-Lateralus activity to have been as good as it was prior to it. We can't deny that he made some poor decisions after Lateralus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We can't deny that he made some poor decisions after Lateralus.
    Thats just like, your opinion man.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    Thats just like, your opinion man.
    You're right about the time machine thing though. I should probably go back and kill Hitler first.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm not going to lie, "Thirteenth Step" is the last angsty album I can relate to and I relate to it a lot. It has recurring themes of addiction and mental illness that still worm their way into my life. So that's probably a little more personal.

"V is for..." could have used some more time in the oven but most of the Puscifer releases have been mostly solid.

"10,000 Days" is a weird album, thematically. I still enjoy it, though.

But, yeah. Some weird choices.

Also, 28 and family man of 5 years.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I could be totally off base. I'll check when I get home.
    Confirmed to be Maynard's idea.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Confirmed to be Maynard's idea.
    I wonder where I got the idea it was Billy's...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    PMed them to the 3 people who asked - not in FLAC but in 320kbps mp3 as I don't have the time to convert to FLAC and install stuff, etc.

PM me if you want them too. The 3 live tracks from the "Limited Edition Previously Unreleased Live Tracks" promo CD cardsleeve, and the AM and PM versions of Ænema from its respective promo CD.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Kinda on topic. Anyone heard anything new coming out of Ashes Divide?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Kinda on topic. Anyone heard anything new coming out of Ashes Divide?

Every year I've asked Billy since 2010 I get an answer that is 6 months from when I ask. So the answer is probably not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Every year I've asked Billy since 2010 I get an answer that is 6 months from when I ask. So the answer is probably not.
    The debut album is solid, surely he's not tired of that project.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    The debut album is solid, surely he's not tired of that project.
    There is music written and possibly recorded but I assume it needs to make financial sense to do another record. Since the first one didn't do well. I honestly think the best window would have been right after the 2011 APC tour when the iron was hot. The iron has cooled a bit but they're way more popular now than in 2008.

On Topic: I liked 10,000 Days more than most but it doesn't do much for me now. Lots of skipping past songs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's a shame we haven't heard anything new from Ashes Divide. I enjoyed Keep Telling Myself It's Alright and it's grown on me a lot over the last six and a half years. It's really good and I'd like to see where he progresses with that sound. Maybe we'll get really lucky and get a new Ashes Divide, A Perfect Circle, and Tool album all in the same year, and yet another Puscifer remix album just for the hell of it!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    PMed them to the 3 people who asked - not in FLAC but in 320kbps mp3 as I don't have the time to convert to FLAC and install stuff, etc.

PM me if you want them too. The 3 live tracks from the "Limited Edition Previously Unreleased Live Tracks" promo CD cardsleeve, and the AM and PM versions of Ænema from its respective promo CD.

How do the A.M. and P.M. versions differ? I haven't had a chance to listen yet myself.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    How do the A.M. and P.M. versions differ? I haven't had a chance to listen yet myself.
    So the P.M. version does the fake censor thing where you can still tell what the word is and the A.M. version completely blanks it out.

Thanks again!