Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    because everything blair mentions in the tool newsletter is real
    Not saying i think its real, just presenting the "facts". I wouldnt go opening shit up looking for it, thats for sure.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Not saying i think its real, just presenting the "facts". I wouldnt go opening shit up looking for it, thats for sure.
    Many would, lol. Not me though, even though I've had all these promos for years. Can't be arsed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I had someone bid on my Salival set, though they had to retract their bid. This needs to sell!

Also put up the Mexican Schism enhanced CD promo.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm actually really surprised Tool fans on here aren't aware of Problem 8- or at least the myth of it since its discussed frequently on forums and what not. Not making fun or anything- if you don't know then you don't know.

Don't know where the best place to start (I'm on a phone and don't feel like fucking with it ATM) but I'm sure if you google "Tool problem 8" it'll answer any questions people may have if it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'm actually really surprised Tool fans on here aren't aware of Problem 8- or at least the myth of it since its discussed frequently on forums and what not. Not making fun or anything- if you don't know then you don't know.

Don't know where the best place to start (I'm on a phone and don't feel like fucking with it ATM) but I'm sure if you google "Tool problem 8" it'll answer any questions people may have if it.
    I do vaguely remember hearing about it a while ago now.

I think I just disregarded it because Blair becomes so tedious, not to
    mention that "secret" that he said apparently exists in the photographs of the 10,000 Days interior photographs.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    mention that "secret" that he said apparently exists in the photographs of the 10,000 Days interior photographs.
    You're not kidding- let's not even get started on that whole "curveball" shit that pops up at least a few times a year in the news letters.

Honestly I rarely read the newsletters anymore- i wait for Hellboy to post it up on fourtheye so I don't have to decipher Blair's shit. For me it's almost like watching anything Star Trek related- it kind of sounds and looks like English, but its a completely different language. I can't comprehend most of it and it's just a waste of energy.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    You're not kidding- let's not even get started on that whole "curveball" shit that pops up at least a few times a year in the news letters.

Honestly I rarely read the newsletters anymore- i wait for Hellboy to post it up on fourtheye so I don't have to decipher Blair's shit. For me it's almost like watching anything Star Trek related- it kind of sounds and looks like English, but its a completely different language. I can't comprehend most of it and it's just a waste of energy.

Hellboy is like a professional cryptographer with having to do that crap with Blair's writing. He ought to be paid for it. Forget deciphering the Rosetta Stone - Blair's ramblings are on a whole different level!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I do vaguely remember hearing about it a while ago now.

Dude there is all kinds of shit in those pictures. I remember back shortly after the album coming out, tripping on mushrooms and listening to the album with headphones while zoning out those thru the lenses. And the "Net of Being" image, good god that shit was intense!

Anyways, on 2014.05.14 a user posted

I thought I would summarize all of the facts from Blair, or supposed facts, for the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic album and the hidden track "Problem 8".

Here is what we know from Blair's newsletters over the past 10 years.

Bethlehem Abortion Clinic facts:

- The album contains jam sessions and other recorded material
    - It is only on Vinyl
    - There are only 30 copies
    - They were put in record stores in European cities, mostly in Poland on one of their tours
    - There is a mathematical formula encoded in the insert of the Aenima import

The first few facts don't really help us other than hopefully someone will see one on ebay someday. But I'm curious what the mathematical formula is in the insert. I'm not a big math person so I really have no idea what to make sense of from all of the catalogue numbers. Perhaps someone smarter than I can figure that one out. I was thinking of posting the catalogue numbers on a math forum to see if someone there can put it together. For those that haven't looked at them, here is a link thanks to Zombie who posted it further up on this forum:

http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/TO...?sort=9&page=1

Then we have the hidden track "Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)" which according to Blair has no relation to the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic vinyl.

Facts:

- Recorded around the time Justin joined the band. Which was ~September 1995
    - The length of the song is in the six minute range and the exact time has something to do with Problem 8.
    - It is on Vinyl, CD or Cassette. Blair said it would need to be found before things become obsolete so my guess is it is vinyl or cassette.
    - Only 30 copies
    - It is hanging on peoples walls and you wouldn't think to play it.

As people have mentioned earlier in the forum it is most likely a gold, platinum or double platinum award for one of their albums before Lateralus. Most likely for Aenima. It is not the platinum award for Aenima though as one person found out after opening it from earlier in the forum:

Blair posted this as a hint after discussing the hidden song:http://www.fourtheye.net/tag/problem...nn-hypothesis/

So it could be the double platinum album of Aenima. That would be my guess, but I don't know anyone with one

One interesting tidbit is that the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic album catalogue number is strikingly similar to one of the largest known prime number. It is not the largest known prime number anymore but it was when it was discovered in 2001. The number is 213466917-1 and the album catalogue number is 12134-66649-4. Anyway I think it is just a coincidence but it's interesting considering Problem 8 is all about prime numbers.

Anyway I thought I would just summarize everything we know up to this point and perhaps spur some more thoughts as well.
    I want to know more about this!!!
    There is a mathematical formula encoded in the insert of the Aenima import
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-04-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lol thanks dude, trust me there is alot of things that just pass me by!!!

edit: that dint take long

https://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=121820

"Are you ready? Suppose I was to tell you that there is a Tool song - recorded in a studio - that hasn't been heard except for by a handful of people, and that virtually no one outside of the band (and a few others) is aware of its very existence? Keep in mind, this is not a cover (not the rumored "Crazy Train"), nor is it a glorified segue that never made it onto a record. This is an original full-blown Tool song complete with vocals and lyrics. The title of this tune is "Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)", and it was recorded many years ago - so long ago, in fact, that I don't remember who played bass, although I want to say it was Justin. The length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title. Now, not only was the song professionally recorded; it was actually 'issued' in a manufactured medium (though I'm not going to say whether this was vinyl, a CD, or cassette tape). Because of the ingenious way it was made available to the public, "Problem 8" , in my opinion, constitutes the ultimate hidden track."
    edit: also came up in the search, interesting analysis linking the tracks from Ænema to artwork panels in the European version.
    http://magicinmusic.wordpress.com/20...atalog-part-1/

and linking it to the Tree of Life
    http://magicinmusic.wordpress.com/20...atalog-part-2/
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-04-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    My thoughts on Problem 8 are similar to Trent's on Tapeworm: if it would've been good they would've found a way to release it. (mass release, anyways)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just dont get why they would record a song, not part of an album, during thier 'prime', and hold it back from fans for so long. Considering nothings been released in almost ten years. Why keep finished music from the fans that want to hear it. Oh yeah, because tool kind of hates thier fans.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 12-05-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I just dont get why they would record a song, not part of an album, during thier 'prime', and hold it back from fans for so long. Considering nothings been released in almost ten years. Why keep finished music from the fans that want to hear it. Oh yeah, because tool kind of hates thier fans.
    Uhhh...you know this is a thread about Tool, right? A band famous for simply fucking with their fans? No matter which way this goes, they've succeeded. They've either sent people out on a wild goose chase for something that doesn't even exist, or, even more hilariously, they've actually put something inches away from people and yet managed to keep it unheard for decades. I mean, I'm still laughing as I write this just thinking about the possibility of that being true. I genuinely think that's hysterical.

Precedent for past dickery: just look back to several April Fools Days.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Uhhh...you know this is a thread about Tool, right? A band famous for simply fucking with their fans? No matter which way this goes, they've succeeded. They've either sent people out on a wild goose chase for something that doesn't even exist, or, even more hilariously, they've actually put something inches away from people and yet managed to keep it unheard for decades. I mean, I'm still laughing as I write this just thinking about the possibility of that being true. I genuinely think that's hysterical.

Precedent for past dickery: just look back to several April Fools Days.
    1) Most likely scenario is the thing doesn't exist.

2) Are you referring to when Maynard "found Jesus" and they broke up? I wouldn't call that them being dicks- harmless April Fool's joke that people took too seriously, more like it. (I personally thought it was funny)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    1) Most likely scenario is the thing doesn't exist.

2) Are you referring to when Maynard "found Jesus" and they broke up? I wouldn't call that them being dicks- harmless April Fool's joke that people took too seriously, more like it. (I personally thought it was funny)
    2) No, the one I had in mind were the special secret shows that they announced, or at least alluded to. Several venues had fans outside asking about the shows and even lining up for them, but of course...yeah, no gigs. But some were convinced that security telling them "no" was all just part of the joke, and that the shows were real.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    2) No, the one I had in mind were the special secret shows that they announced, or at least alluded to. Several venues had fans outside asking about the shows and even lining up for them, but of course...yeah, no gigs. But some were convinced that security telling them "no" was all just part of the joke, and that the shows were real.
    Dont recall that- any idea what year that was?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is there RITC for tool, too? I'd love to hear some live bootlegs but I can't find any download sites.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Is there RITC for tool, too? I'd love to hear some live bootlegs but I can't find any download sites.

I think this site is the closest you'll get:

http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Find the Kalamazoo show from 98. Its the best you will get as far as quality and setlist (pre Lateralus).

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    true, except no downloads there (except the samples). good database though, and listing maynardisms for each show is a plus.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Looks like the great DC will be having an addition to the family...

http://www.fourtheye.net/2014/12/danny-rynne-expecting/

Something tells me he's hoping for a starting center for the Lakers rather than the next great prog/rock drummer. o_O

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Problem 8..... You guys are hilarious.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tool - 30,000 Days

Released: 01/01/2015

Track listing:

Viginti Quattour
    Viginti Quinque
    Viginti Sex
    Lipan Still Conjuring
    Wings For Fans, Part 3
    30,000 Days (Fans Part 4)
    Salivalating
    Problem 8 (LOL)
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-25-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tool - 30,000 Days

Released: 01/01/2025

Track listing:

Viginti Quattour
    Viginti Quinque
    Viginti Sex
    Lipan Still Conjuring
    Wings For Fans, Part 3
    30,000 Days (Fans Part 4)
    Salivalating
    Problem 8 (LOL)

This is about right, but I fixed the date.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Released: 01/01/2112
    Took a stab at it myself.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anybody else ever caught Maynard's "homage" to the best Ted Nugent song of all time, in Crawl Away? I just did, its around the 4:50 mark. I always wondered what he was saying there, and I heard it in a live version of the song, now its clear as day in the album version.

Also, what are the first 18 seconds or so of the song supposed to be? Sounds like some sort of festival or something? Anybody know?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Anybody else ever caught Maynard's "homage" to the best Ted Nugent song of all time, in Crawl Away? I just did, its around the 4:50 mark. I always wondered what he was saying there, and I heard it in a live version of the song, now its clear as day in the album version.

Also, what are the first 18 seconds or so of the song supposed to be? Sounds like some sort of festival or something? Anybody know?

http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.html

F22. So what's that sound right before "Crawl Away" ?
    Well, while it has been described as traditional Andean mountain music, someone has identified it as (possibly) a song called "Oruro Tierra De Ensuenos." It is also a part of the song "Fiestas De Mi Pueblo" by Suenos.
    F23. Um, what about that middle part of "Crawl Away" ?
    Though it's missing from the official sheet, the words are "got you in a stranglehold, baby. get up, get up, get up now."And yes, that is the chorus from a Ted Nugent song: "Stranglehold". Call it an influence.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The world will end, start over clean, and new To_OL will be out in...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I bet my track listing ends up being correct.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So for the last couple months ive had a tor for the 1993.08.07 Lollapalooza SBD, and lo and behold today it finally finished. Wow, this is another awesome one, Zac De La Rocha on Bottom and Cold & Ugly has the Passage to Bangkok intro. Its really a shame this stuff is hard to come by, because its great.

What other pre-Lateralus boots would you guys recommend? Here is what I have collected...

1998.07.15 Wings Stadium Kalamazoo MI
    1997.07.11 Downing Stadium Randall's Island NY
    1997.03.01 Mid Houston Civic Center Poughkeepsie NY
    1997.02.23 Astoria London UK
    1996.11.23 The Electric Factory Philadelphia PA
    1994.07.05 The Loft Berlin GER
    1993.08.07 Lollapalooza Irwindale CA
    1991.09.05 The Jello Loft Los Angeles CA

(totally nerding out here, i love boot lists )

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm halfway through selling my collection now, though something just occurred to me in the shower. Was it @seasonsinthesky or @fillow who PMed me ages ago wanting FLAC versions of the AM and PM versions of Ænema from the promo CD?

Let me know as I haven't sold either the jewel case or slimline yet and will rip before I sell.