Page 118 of 263 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Probably trying to record some stuff with Maynard there since he said they'd have him for about three weeks. And yeah he did change it from April to March for studio time...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    nobody said maynard was there... could just be music recording, vocals recording would take place later, when the music is done. don't they do it in the same order as the writing?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    nobody said maynard was there... could just be music recording, vocals recording would take place later, when the music is done. don't they do it in the same order as the writing?
    Hmm, I thought somewhere Adam commented that they'd have about three weeks with him...oh well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    They are using Joe Barresi again as engineer/mixer! https://www.instagram.com/p/BgDIF0Un...y=adamjones_tv

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’m not sure how to feel about all this. It just seems so sudden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I’m not sure how to feel about all this. It just seems so sudden.

This is all happening way too quickly.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Holy shit, when did they update their website? I checked not too long ago and it was still the same shitty website they'd been using since 1997 or 1998.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Holy shit, when did they update their website? I checked not too long ago and it was still the same shitty website they'd been using since 1997 or 1998.
    Just a few months ago, I think

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think it was about a year ago. Pretty sure the “new” website went up prior to ticket sales for last years US mini tour that took place in June or May or whenever that was.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Bummer, i liked that old site.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    we should start a pool on what year the new record actually comes out. i'll take 2020.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Good news, though I'm going to withhold excitement until they release a single or something.

My guess is 2019.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    we should start a pool on what year the new record actually comes out. i'll take 2020.
    http://fourtheye.net/f/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=61

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Good news, though I'm going to withhold excitement until they release a single or something.
    Anyone else hoping that there’s no new single or music prior to the album? I know it’s usually the way things work- promotion and all- but hearing the album in full will be better IMHO. Take new APC for instance- those singles have already clouded my judgement for something I haven’t even fully heard yet.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    They're ahead of where I thought they'd be in my back-of-the-napkin recording and release timeline, so hopefully it is (as Danny said) still on track to come out this year. Either late November, or December 2018. Just over twelve years since the last one.

Here is a list of other artists who have taken more than ten years to follow up an album. It's a long list.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Happening too fast, or not at all, I'll take the former and any news at this point! December or January 2019.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Here is a list of other artists who have taken more than ten years to follow up an album. It's a long list.
    One of the things I noticed, and this is just judging from the bands/musicians I’ve heard on that list and quickly browsing, is most went into some type of hiatus. Whether it be turnover within the band or deaths or what not. Tool never did that.
    Last edited by Krazy; 03-11-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    One of the things I noticed, and this is just judging from the bands/musicians I’ve heard on that list and quickly browsing, is most went into some type of hiatus. Tool never did that.
    Maybe not formally but the band takes a break between every album since Ænima. They’ve also dealt with legal trouble each time. I feel like they took a “break” while dealing with all the lawsuit shit.

Edit: I’d also compare Tool more to Crosby, Stills, and Nash (and/or Young) on that list because the bands were idle but their members were all fairly active.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Maybe not formally but the band takes a break between every album since Ænima. They’ve also dealt with legal trouble each time. I feel like they took a “break” while dealing with all the lawsuit shit.

Edit: I’d also compare Tool more to Crosby, Stills, and Nash (and/or Young) on that list because the bands were idle but their members were all fairly active.

Theyve had a mini tour every year though, outside of 2015 when they only had that Halloween date. Just saying they never really went into a confirmed hiding or hiatus.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Bummer, i liked that old site.
    I liked that site too – back in the late '90s and early '00s. But it didn't age well. They were LONG overdue for a site redesign. Plus, it kind of adds to the new album hype! When nin.com gets a site makeover, we know it's time to get hyped about a new album!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks like it's for real this time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Looks like it's for real this time.
    This is not a drill.

I repeat, this is not a drill!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I guess I wasn't too wrong, Maynard is with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Toolband has a link to a crowdfunding page for the Terence McKenna archives. Youtube suggested to me one of his lectures some time ago, and I've been pretty entranced ever since. I've devoured quite a bit of his work. His lectures and books touch on very familiar territory compared to Tool's music and Maynard's lyrics, in areas such as Jungian psychology, psychedelic exploration, mathematics, the history and future direction of the human race, and so on. A quick Google search as I'm typing this tells me I'm definitely not the first person to notice this similarity, but I hadn't ever seen anything officially connecting the band with him before. When I was in High School, I delved somewhat into the various intellectual areas that have informed the band's work, like Timothy Leary, Bill Hicks, Alex Grey, and such, but hadn't come across Terence McKenna.

And maybe I'm like super late getting on the bus on this topic, so I apologize if this seems painfully obvious to other people, but I highly recommend checking some of Terence's work out for those who are interested in that particular aspect of the band. For me, even more than their polyrhythms and extended song structures, the intellectual bent of the band is what sets them so far apart from other alternative metal bands from the 90s-00s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/bbpoltergiest/st...90662081667072

"Working on the new album with Justin Chancellor"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    Toolband has a link to a crowdfunding page for the Terence McKenna archives. Youtube suggested to me one of his lectures some time ago, and I've been pretty entranced ever since. I've devoured quite a bit of his work. His lectures and books touch on very familiar territory compared to Tool's music and Maynard's lyrics, in areas such as Jungian psychology, psychedelic exploration, mathematics, the history and future direction of the human race, and so on. A quick Google search as I'm typing this tells me I'm definitely not the first person to notice this similarity, but I hadn't ever seen anything officially connecting the band with him before. When I was in High School, I delved somewhat into the various intellectual areas that have informed the band's work, like Timothy Leary, Bill Hicks, Alex Grey, and such, but hadn't come across Terence McKenna.

And maybe I'm like super late getting on the bus on this topic, so I apologize if this seems painfully obvious to other people, but I highly recommend checking some of Terence's work out for those who are interested in that particular aspect of the band. For me, even more than their polyrhythms and extended song structures, the intellectual bent of the band is what sets them so far apart from other alternative metal bands from the 90s-00s.
    I've certainly run across Terence Mckenna's name a lot over the years... Have you a recommendation on what from him to begin with?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    https://twitter.com/bbpoltergiest/st...90662081667072

"Working on the new album with Justin Chancellor"
    This will be interesting.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I still cant get over how Justin looked in 2001 to how he looks now.

It's like Jim Root in Slipknot...WALL OF BEARD

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I still cant get over how Justin looked in 2001 to how he looks now.

It's like Jim Root in Slipknot...WALL OF BEARD
    I definitley didn’t look the same 17 years ago either. :P

::wife takes razor blades away::

And that drum set is polar opposite of Danny’s that was put up a couple days ago. I can’t play either one so I’m not gonna judge.