Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3375

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    From the new Kerrang Magazine

Believe what you want to believe.
    I can't find anything about it anywhere. Hope it's real all the same.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They meant inside their new album's evolution...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Fall Out Boy is on the cover.

Potential “breaking news” about a new Tool album graces the top banner.

We can all do the math on how interesting any Tool news/BS from Danny might be in this issue of Kerrang.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Kerrang would happily report the bullshit tracklists that the band used to give out before Lateralus... but that was a while ago, and probably the last time I picked up Kerrang.. but it's an excuse to flick through in the shop later.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I fucking died lololol
    Last edited by Amaro; 01-10-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    BTW I like the new look. Maynard in glasses = LOVE.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Here is a scan, found on Fourtheye forum:

https://m.imgur.com/r/ToolBand/vrR3u

Really not much.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    The more I think of it...do I really want an 'evolution'? Sure I don't want and/or expect a band to rehash the same sound...but the new APC tracks (other than 'Feathers') are just flat out not as good as their earlier material. Give me some new flourishes, sure...but dammit it just better sound like Tool haha. I know that's a dumb thought, but just my honest opinion.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Picked this up last night via LetGo for $150....rumor has it that the next TOOL album is on it #shitpost

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The more I think of it...do I really want an 'evolution'? Sure I don't want and/or expect a band to rehash the same sound...but the new APC tracks (other than 'Feathers') are just flat out not as good as their earlier material. Give me some new flourishes, sure...but dammit it just better sound like Tool haha. I know that's a dumb thought, but just my honest opinion.
    Well, when you think about it, Lateralus was an evolution compared to their first couple releases. The sound on Lateralus was a drastic departure from anything they had done at that point. I remember buying that record the day it came out and sitting in my buddy's car (who was a huge tool fan), as we listened to it for the first time and our initial reaction was "This is terrible!" but boy, oh boy did that record ever grow on me. That's hands down their best record, but upon first hearing it, it was such a drastic departure from their earlier work. So, change isn't always a bad thing.

I know this is a bit off topic for the Tool thread, but funny that you think "feathers" is the best of the new APC tracks, as I think that's the worst of the 4. Not like the others are that great either, but I would place feathers at the bottom of the list. But, I guess it's all what you want from the band at this point. I was never into the slower side of APC anyway. I liked the harder/faster songs of theirs. So, naturally, I could understand how someone would probably like feathers more than the others, it probably sounds as close to as traditional APC as you can get.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Danny in the Kerrang article:

“Well, whatever those guys play is how they express themselves. Adam and Justin aren’t musically educated, so they just come up with the weirdest shit. I just try to anchor it down and make it simple. The cool thing is every time I think I’ve simplified it as much as I can, we’ll give it to Maynard and he’ll do something even more simplified – to the point where practically anyone can sing it! It’s simple shit and it’s coming out, man. The tracks are long…too long! Definitely too long for the radio (laughs)!”

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Kinda of shitty mag cover tease. Went into that article assuming the album was TITLED 'Evolution' -- which I guess is what they were aiming for to get you to buy the damn mag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would hope Tool would never title a record "Evolution"

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    It's now 3:28pm PST and Adam Jones' Instagram account just started a live video. It's in studio and all you can see is is legs.

He's playing The Grudge. Pretty sure Danny and Justin are there as well...it's live drums and bass.

edit: Sigh, it ended and he cut the stream off.
    Last edited by october_midnight; Yesterday at 06:36 PM.