Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It's more convenient to ask around in a community you trust than to sift through shady filesharing sites, if that's what your snide comment was about.
    I guess I've just been lucky and never had any issues arise from ISOHunt...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I honestly hate getting jewel cases because they don't look or feel nice. Digipaks are much more visually attractive, and plus if you drop them they don't break like jewel cases do.
    The problem I find with Digipacks is that if you do drop it and the little bits that hold the cd in place break there's really no way to fix it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Digipak looks nicer, jewel case lasts longer. There's no cheap way to get hard wearing and pretty look (though the expensive ways look glorious, I have a Kasabian album bound in a lovely hardcover fabric and card case).
    I honestly hate getting jewel cases because they don't look or feel nice. Digipaks are much more visually attractive, and plus if you drop them they don't break like jewel cases do.
    I wasn't aware there were people who actually preferred these.

I can't think of a single reason I'd rather have a digipak. If your jewel case breaks, you can easily switch out the booklet/inserts with another case and be right as rain. If your digipak bends or gets worn at the corner (which they usually always do), then you're just SOL. I also disagree that digipaks even look nicer. To me, they just carry an air of cheapness.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, much prefer jewel cases too. My Fragile digipak has so many creases that it looks like a mildly squarish scrotum, I'm afraid I'll be arrested if I take it out in public.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-NeilL View Post
    My actual playlist of synthesis "An Omen"+"Welcome Oblivion":
    Tried your order and I think it works! I will keep it like this, thank you.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Also, could anyone PM me the two bsides?
    Ditto. Mucho appreciated.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "The Province Of Fear" reminds me a bit like Meat Beat Manifesto

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I wasn't aware there were people who actually preferred these.

I can't think of a single reason I'd rather have a digipak. If your jewel case breaks, you can easily switch out the booklet/inserts with another case and be right as rain. If your digipak bends or gets worn at the corner (which they usually always do), then you're just SOL. I also disagree that digipaks even look nicer. To me, they just carry an air of cheapness.
    unless your booklet is a non-standard thickness (applies to a LOT of releases), in which case it doesn't sit in the jewel case cover correctly (slides out every time you open it, leaves pockmarks on the booklet because it's too tight, whatever). not to mention the weird ways and places in which they can break that don't apply to digipaks, and the fact that some stores/labels put that sealing sticker across the top of the case and leave sticky crap to forever collect hair and dust. the goo-off stuff never really works right! and jewel cases are actually a lot cheaper — like, significantly cheaper to make. friggin' pennies. that's why they're crap!

however, any issues with jewel cases OR digipaks are fixed with the same remedy: store them well and don't get yer grubby fingerprints all over them. it's not difficult.

also, the version of "Ice age" from An omen EP_ has a longer and different intro than the album version. it's the same sound, but they must have rendered it differently; the song has the same exact intro on the regular and vinyl versions (save the different segues), just not the EP.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Digipacks carry an heir of cheapness? Seriously? Jewel cases are cheap. Digipacks are the closest you get to the original way vinyl records were presented package-wise. Actually now they even have something more closer without the plastic holding the CD, it slips in the sleeve itself. So I really can't understand how someone could call digipacks cheap looking. They are much more classier and show off the art in a much sleeker way. Who's going around smashing up digipacks? I've never had a digipack bend or break... even after moving multiple times and having to pack them up in a box. If a CD case ever broke, it was always a jewel case one. The plastic is so crappy and cheap. Are you playing football with them? I prefer digipacks/wallets/sleeves over jewel case anyday. Especially if you want to stick closer to the vinyl aesthetic. If you prefer jewel cases... fine. But to say that digipacks look cheap... you're crazy.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I personally prefer digipaks without any plastic in them for that very reason (looking more like mini-vinyl packages.) To keep this on topic, I'm disappointed that Welcome oblivion has a CD tray, especially since EP1 didn't. Oh well. Can't win all the time.

Speaking of the CD, does anyone know what the contents of the liner notes are? Is it just the art?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Speaking of the CD, does anyone know what the contents of the liner notes are? Is it just the art?
    I assume it's the same as the PDF that we got with the digital download? I know it doesn't have the lyrics.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I assume it's the same as the PDF that we got with the digital download? I know it doesn't have the lyrics.
    PDF actually has way more art than the cd booklet. It's only like 6 pages.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Well that sucks. What's the vinyl booklet like?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Here is what you get with the CD, if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regardless of anyone's thoughts on the music, Rob Sheridan's artwork on Welcome Oblivion has been just above and beyond. Probably my favorite set of work I've seen him do, NIN/HTDA-related or otherwise.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Are there any differences in the credits between that and the PDF credits (if you have the time to check)?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Are there any differences in the credits between that and the PDF credits (if you have the time to check)?
    My CD doesn't contain the line "We fade away" co-written/performed with Alessandro cortini and the PDF doesn't contain Columbiarecords.com at the bottom. Only two differences I spotted.

Here is the full resolution of the CD credits if you want to double-check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still no CD in the mail yet!!!! I hate pre-orders that don't arrive on time...I guess I should've ordered from Amazon instead of HDTA site?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    The white disk album is awesome.
    And...'How Long' makes me cheerful!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So there are male vox in "The wake up" towards the end (Anybody! Anybody!) which didn't give me impression of Trent's
    it doesn't matter, however, 'cause female vox in same track gave me impression of Britney Spears'
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 03-10-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post
    Still no CD in the mail yet!!!! I hate pre-orders that don't arrive on time...I guess I should've ordered from Amazon instead of HDTA site?
    Did you order vinyl at the same time, too? If so, your CD won't go out until the vinyl does.

I preordered from Amazon and it still took them until Friday to mail it out.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...TIIAW9oVqGN030

There's a wide one too that I saw but forgot to grab, and no tall one seen yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Thank you, it's appreciated.
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...jIIU1l5OU2s5dE
    found the banner

edit: for some reason, the tall banner is not animated, straight picture http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...99798202615849
    Last edited by sheepdean; 03-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post

I preordered from Amazon and it still took them until Friday to mail it out.
    oh, that's crummy. my amazon preorder arrived on tuesday. wonder what happened with your order. I probably would have preferred the download from htda site to the rip of the cd, as it came with pdf and album art the way it was intended within the mp3, but I thought i had a better chance to get it on tuesday from amazon.

also, if anybody could point me in the direction of a rip of the white label, that'd be super cool.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Thanks, I was very keen to see the physical packaging before I decided on a purchase option.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Also, could anyone PM me the two bsides?
    Id like them as well. Please and thank you!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...jIIU1l5OU2s5dE
    found the banner

edit: for some reason, the tall banner is not animated, straight picture http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...99798202615849
    That's what I was looking for. Thanks again sheepdean.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    oh, that's crummy. my amazon preorder arrived on tuesday. wonder what happened with your order.
    Super Saver Shipping. (And I assume purposefully, and shittily, delaying the order to prod me to re-up my Prime.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today I noticed at the end of We Fade Away what sounds like beard scratching. I like when they include accidents in their songs, like the cough in The sleep of dreams produces monsters or the double take in Discipline.
    Also, does anyone know what the sound in Hallowed Ground could be at around 3:96? It sounds either like someone grabbing a microphone or a roll of thunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3:96? hahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malchick View Post
    It sounds either like someone grabbing a microphone or a roll of thunder.
    it`s just a VERY LOUD beard scratching