Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1391

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

  1. #1081
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,825
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    All these cheap, flimsy, cardboard gatefold CD cases makes me want to stop buying CDs.
    Digipak looks nicer, jewel case lasts longer. There's no cheap way to get hard wearing and pretty look (though the expensive ways look glorious, I have a Kasabian album bound in a lovely hardcover fabric and card case).

  2. #1082
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,094
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I honestly hate getting jewel cases because they don't look or feel nice. Digipaks are much more visually attractive, and plus if you drop them they don't break like jewel cases do.

  3. #1083
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,808
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    And your point is?
    I had asked butter_hole which songs on HTDA sound like previous work involving Trent Reznor.

  4. #1084
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It's more convenient to ask around in a community you trust than to sift through shady filesharing sites, if that's what your snide comment was about.
    I guess I've just been lucky and never had any issues arise from ISOHunt...

  5. #1085
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I honestly hate getting jewel cases because they don't look or feel nice. Digipaks are much more visually attractive, and plus if you drop them they don't break like jewel cases do.
    The problem I find with Digipacks is that if you do drop it and the little bits that hold the cd in place break there's really no way to fix it.

  6. #1086
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,863
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Digipak looks nicer, jewel case lasts longer. There's no cheap way to get hard wearing and pretty look (though the expensive ways look glorious, I have a Kasabian album bound in a lovely hardcover fabric and card case).
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I honestly hate getting jewel cases because they don't look or feel nice. Digipaks are much more visually attractive, and plus if you drop them they don't break like jewel cases do.
    I wasn't aware there were people who actually preferred these.

    I can't think of a single reason I'd rather have a digipak. If your jewel case breaks, you can easily switch out the booklet/inserts with another case and be right as rain. If your digipak bends or gets worn at the corner (which they usually always do), then you're just SOL. I also disagree that digipaks even look nicer. To me, they just carry an air of cheapness.

  7. #1087
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yeah, much prefer jewel cases too. My Fragile digipak has so many creases that it looks like a mildly squarish scrotum, I'm afraid I'll be arrested if I take it out in public.

  8. #1088
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-NeilL View Post
    My actual playlist of synthesis "An Omen"+"Welcome Oblivion":
    Tried your order and I think it works! I will keep it like this, thank you.

  9. #1089
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Also, could anyone PM me the two bsides?
    Ditto. Mucho appreciated.

  10. #1090
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,138
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    "The Province Of Fear" reminds me a bit like Meat Beat Manifesto

  11. #1091
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I wasn't aware there were people who actually preferred these.

    I can't think of a single reason I'd rather have a digipak. If your jewel case breaks, you can easily switch out the booklet/inserts with another case and be right as rain. If your digipak bends or gets worn at the corner (which they usually always do), then you're just SOL. I also disagree that digipaks even look nicer. To me, they just carry an air of cheapness.
    unless your booklet is a non-standard thickness (applies to a LOT of releases), in which case it doesn't sit in the jewel case cover correctly (slides out every time you open it, leaves pockmarks on the booklet because it's too tight, whatever). not to mention the weird ways and places in which they can break that don't apply to digipaks, and the fact that some stores/labels put that sealing sticker across the top of the case and leave sticky crap to forever collect hair and dust. the goo-off stuff never really works right! and jewel cases are actually a lot cheaper — like, significantly cheaper to make. friggin' pennies. that's why they're crap!

    however, any issues with jewel cases OR digipaks are fixed with the same remedy: store them well and don't get yer grubby fingerprints all over them. it's not difficult.

    also, the version of "Ice age" from An omen EP_ has a longer and different intro than the album version. it's the same sound, but they must have rendered it differently; the song has the same exact intro on the regular and vinyl versions (save the different segues), just not the EP.

  12. #1092
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,138
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Digipacks carry an heir of cheapness? Seriously? Jewel cases are cheap. Digipacks are the closest you get to the original way vinyl records were presented package-wise. Actually now they even have something more closer without the plastic holding the CD, it slips in the sleeve itself. So I really can't understand how someone could call digipacks cheap looking. They are much more classier and show off the art in a much sleeker way. Who's going around smashing up digipacks? I've never had a digipack bend or break... even after moving multiple times and having to pack them up in a box. If a CD case ever broke, it was always a jewel case one. The plastic is so crappy and cheap. Are you playing football with them? I prefer digipacks/wallets/sleeves over jewel case anyday. Especially if you want to stick closer to the vinyl aesthetic. If you prefer jewel cases... fine. But to say that digipacks look cheap... you're crazy.

  13. #1093
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,094
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I personally prefer digipaks without any plastic in them for that very reason (looking more like mini-vinyl packages.) To keep this on topic, I'm disappointed that Welcome oblivion has a CD tray, especially since EP1 didn't. Oh well. Can't win all the time.

    Speaking of the CD, does anyone know what the contents of the liner notes are? Is it just the art?

  14. #1094
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,825
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Speaking of the CD, does anyone know what the contents of the liner notes are? Is it just the art?
    I assume it's the same as the PDF that we got with the digital download? I know it doesn't have the lyrics.

  15. #1095
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,981
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I assume it's the same as the PDF that we got with the digital download? I know it doesn't have the lyrics.
    PDF actually has way more art than the cd booklet. It's only like 6 pages.

  16. #1096
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,825
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Well that sucks. What's the vinyl booklet like?

  17. #1097
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,863
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Here is what you get with the CD, if anyone is interested.

  18. #1098
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Here is what you get with the CD, if anyone is interested.
    Regardless of anyone's thoughts on the music, Rob Sheridan's artwork on Welcome Oblivion has been just above and beyond. Probably my favorite set of work I've seen him do, NIN/HTDA-related or otherwise.

  19. #1099
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,825
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Here is what you get with the CD, if anyone is interested.
    Are there any differences in the credits between that and the PDF credits (if you have the time to check)?

  20. #1100
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,863
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Are there any differences in the credits between that and the PDF credits (if you have the time to check)?
    My CD doesn't contain the line "We fade away" co-written/performed with Alessandro cortini and the PDF doesn't contain Columbiarecords.com at the bottom. Only two differences I spotted.

    Here is the full resolution of the CD credits if you want to double-check.

  21. #1101
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still no CD in the mail yet!!!! I hate pre-orders that don't arrive on time...I guess I should've ordered from Amazon instead of HDTA site?

  22. #1102
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    The white disk album is awesome.
    And...'How Long' makes me cheerful!

  23. #1103
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,786
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    So there are male vox in "The wake up" towards the end (Anybody! Anybody!) which didn't give me impression of Trent's
    it doesn't matter, however, 'cause female vox in same track gave me impression of Britney Spears'
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 03-10-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: lol

  24. #1104
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,929
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post
    Still no CD in the mail yet!!!! I hate pre-orders that don't arrive on time...I guess I should've ordered from Amazon instead of HDTA site?
    Did you order vinyl at the same time, too? If so, your CD won't go out until the vinyl does.

    I preordered from Amazon and it still took them until Friday to mail it out.

  25. #1105
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,825
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...TIIAW9oVqGN030

    There's a wide one too that I saw but forgot to grab, and no tall one seen yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Thank you, it's appreciated.
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...jIIU1l5OU2s5dE
    found the banner

    edit: for some reason, the tall banner is not animated, straight picture http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...99798202615849
    Last edited by sheepdean; 03-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.

  26. #1106
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    st. paul, mn
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post

    I preordered from Amazon and it still took them until Friday to mail it out.
    oh, that's crummy. my amazon preorder arrived on tuesday. wonder what happened with your order. I probably would have preferred the download from htda site to the rip of the cd, as it came with pdf and album art the way it was intended within the mp3, but I thought i had a better chance to get it on tuesday from amazon.

    also, if anybody could point me in the direction of a rip of the white label, that'd be super cool.

  27. #1107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,650
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Here is what you get with the CD, if anyone is interested.
    Thanks, I was very keen to see the physical packaging before I decided on a purchase option.

  28. #1108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,735
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Also, could anyone PM me the two bsides?
    Id like them as well. Please and thank you!

  29. #1109
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...jIIU1l5OU2s5dE
    found the banner

    edit: for some reason, the tall banner is not animated, straight picture http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...99798202615849
    That's what I was looking for. Thanks again sheepdean.

  30. #1110
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,929
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    oh, that's crummy. my amazon preorder arrived on tuesday. wonder what happened with your order.
    Super Saver Shipping. (And I assume purposefully, and shittily, delaying the order to prod me to re-up my Prime.)

Posting Permissions