Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Are there any differences in the songs? Segues or extended sections? I won't have the chance to listen to it until tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping someone here will fill me in so I can be lazy about it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Well, the point is that on the vinyl, Speaking In Tongues would come directly before We Fade Away, but on the CD WFA is before Recursive Self Improvement, which immediately precedes Unintended Consequences and, consequently (hilarious), SIT.
    I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what you're getting at. What's your rationale for Speaking in tongues's position anywhere in the tracklist?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Never mind, I figured it out. I'll post the differences tomorrow if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Last edited by witte; 03-09-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^
    Beautiful. Cannot wait to get mine.

Can I use these photos on the nin.hu Fb page?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

The vinyl packaging looks really nice!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what you're getting at. What's your rationale for Speaking in tongues's position anywhere in the tracklist?
    Unintended Consequences introduces a drone during its last few seconds which also opens (and continues as a major part of) Speaking In Tongues. Play the youtube clip from the last page, it starts from around 5:08.
    It sounds like a segue to me, despite SIT not appearing on the record... The drone doesn't figure in We Fade Away, which follows Unintended Consequences on the vinyl.

:edit: Just tried removing the end silence from Unintended Consequences, it segues perfectly into Speaking In Tongues.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 03-09-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    re: my previous posts: We Fade Away is completely and utterly something that sounds lifted from the GWTDT score but with TR vocals on top.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    edit: nevermind, carry on.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 03-09-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: unnecessary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    We Fade Away is completely and utterly something that sounds lifted from the GWTDT score but with TR vocals on top.
    you mean that annoying beeping buchla-ally-style sound?..
    yeah, it`s all over GWTDT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The packaging of the vinyl looks REALLY nice! I can't wait to get mine.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    You'd think a digital download copy in flac would be allot cheaper then 11$ seriously for 1$ more i get the cd wtf is that with pricing. I was thinking about buying the hd flac but i think now I am going to save my $
    Just think of digital as the new physical medium. Why should they charge much less for it? Sure, they don't have to press CDs, but they still have costs associated with hosting the content and delivering it to you. And it does cost. You don't want your release to be a MBV, right?

Your problem is that you see people getting digital for "free" when they buy a CD or vinyl directly from the band... but that's just an incentive to get people to buy directly from the artist, made possible because they're selling (higher quality) digital downloads at the market rate in the first place. (It's $10.99 on iTunes.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Vinyl arrived today, looks amazing and sounds pretty nice too! There is no mention on the EU release of any SIGIL or sigil mark or whatsoever. Is it on the US CD release?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
    Vinyl arrived today, looks amazing and sounds pretty nice too! There is no mention on the EU release of any SIGIL or sigil mark or whatsoever. Is it on the US CD release?
    Yeah it says Sigil 04 on the spine of the CD case.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So, I JUST noticed the different "album art" on my ipod this morning.. *blush*

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Are there any differences in the songs? Segues or extended sections? I won't have the chance to listen to it until tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping someone here will fill me in so I can be lazy about it.
    the rest of the songs seem to be the same, except the switchup of "Ice age" and "Welcome oblivion" change how they segue from "And the sky began to scream."

and "Unintended consequences" does indeed segue right into "Speaking in tongues," except it's bit like the situation we had before with "10 Miles High" coming out the end of "The Mark Has Been Made" — the start of SIT is louder than the ending of UC, so it'll take some automation adjusting to get that working properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My issue with the two Vinyl tracks?

I can't insert them into the album without screwing up the artwork continuity

(the two tracks are great btw)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn that vinyl looks incredible. Can't wait to...look at the front and back of mine and never open it.

I didn't realize that Modlife ships through UPS. Plus I don't have a tracking number for my package because the link included in the order page was blank. This is becoming frustrating again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Just think of digital as the new physical medium. Why should they charge much less for it? Sure, they don't have to press CDs, but they still have costs associated with hosting the content and delivering it to you. And it does cost. You don't want your release to be a MBV, right?

Your problem is that you see people getting digital for "free" when they buy a CD or vinyl directly from the band... but that's just an incentive to get people to buy directly from the artist, made possible because they're selling (higher quality) digital downloads at the market rate in the first place. (It's $10.99 on iTunes.)
    Actually I bought the CD I don't believe in downloading it for free I love how people like to assume what I am thinking. I just think that the digital download should be allot cheaper no manufacturing costs no packaging no art. And the one thing that pisses me off about this release is the vinyl only bonus 2 tracks something Trent was very much against back in the day he spoke about it several times. Kind of surprising to see him only add bonus tracks to one release. If the artist wants people to buy from them directly why not offer the whole package in one download or add the tracks to the cd its just screwing over the fans for more $ to separate out extra tracks.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I didn't say or insinuate anywhere that you did or were planning to download for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Columbia is a factor in pricing. And I think it's fair. Especially given that demand for HTDA is not incredibly high. Plain and simple business isn't always evil or malicious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The b-sides are decent. Still, this means that the vinyl version will have 5 instrumentals of the 15 tracks on it (the wake-up, tfod, uc, rsI AND hallowed ground).
    Honestly though, I think both of bsides are better than Recursive-Self Improvement, I don't know how that one made the final tracklist.

Also, could anyone PM me the two bsides?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Are people really not able to use Google anymore?
    I'm honestly confused by this...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Are people really not able to use Google anymore?
    I'm honestly confused by this...
    It's more convenient to ask around in a community you trust than to sift through shady filesharing sites, if that's what your snide comment was about.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    All these cheap, flimsy, cardboard gatefold CD cases makes me want to stop buying CDs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Actually I bought the CD I don't believe in downloading it for free I love how people like to assume what I am thinking. I just think that the digital download should be allot cheaper no manufacturing costs no packaging no art. And the one thing that pisses me off about this release is the vinyl only bonus 2 tracks something Trent was very much against back in the day he spoke about it several times. Kind of surprising to see him only add bonus tracks to one release. If the artist wants people to buy from them directly why not offer the whole package in one download or add the tracks to the cd its just screwing over the fans for more $ to separate out extra tracks.
    you do get the artwork. it comes with a high-quality PDF of all the artwork, plus a bunch of wallpapers sized for different devices, and embedded individual track art. and if it's $10.99 on iTunes for MP3s (which, i'm assuming, don't come with the PDF or wallpapers or embedded individual track artwork), you should be happy that the FLAC download directly from the band is the same price.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    re: my previous posts: We Fade Away is completely and utterly something that sounds lifted from the GWTDT score but with TR vocals on top.
    And your point is?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    All these cheap, flimsy, cardboard gatefold CD cases makes me want to stop buying CDs.
    Digipak looks nicer, jewel case lasts longer. There's no cheap way to get hard wearing and pretty look (though the expensive ways look glorious, I have a Kasabian album bound in a lovely hardcover fabric and card case).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I honestly hate getting jewel cases because they don't look or feel nice. Digipaks are much more visually attractive, and plus if you drop them they don't break like jewel cases do.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    And your point is?
    I had asked butter_hole which songs on HTDA sound like previous work involving Trent Reznor.