Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 1,891 to 1,897 of 1897

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I was a fan of "the doomed" the first time I heard it, but by the 3rd or so time I heard it, the song already started to bore me, not a good sign. Normally you want the opposite effect with songs. You want to hate them at first and have them grow onbto you to the point you asked why you hated it at first... not the case with this song at all. After many listens it is just a "meh" quality song.

Video is awful as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    God...please stay away from the comment section of that video

Opinions don't exist there and the pretentious is through the roof

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I watched the video and was like, “Uh, okay. That was a thing.” But the more I thought about it the more the black and white contrast-y artsy look kinda intrigued me so I watched it again and it’s probably pretentious as hell but I like it.

Edit: Although the video editor in me keeps jumping at the screen thinking and on THIS beat something happens. Okay well how about... THIS beat. Oh, still nothing. Then it’d surprise me by cutting or adding an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I was waiting for a bus two nights ago replaying Thirteenth Step. I'm only really seeing it now that I've quit smoking after decades, but it never before quite clicked, just how much of the album is about addiction. And when I hit Gravity, it impacted me in a way it never had before, though I've surely heard it dozens of times. As someone who watched family members die from emphysema, the lyric "I choose to live" took on a new meaning for me, and really resonated...the more I think about it, Gravity might be one of Maynard's very best.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I was waiting for a bus two nights ago replaying Thirteenth Step. I'm only really seeing it now that I've quit smoking after decades, but it never before quite clicked, just how much of the album is about addiction. And when I hit Gravity, it impacted me in a way it never had before, though I've surely heard it dozens of times. As someone who watched family members die from emphysema, the lyric "I choose to live" took on a new meaning for me, and really resonated...the more I think about it, Gravity might be one of Maynard's very best.
    Thirteenth Step literally helped change my life when I was grappling with addictions and other self-destructive behaviors during manic and depressive episodes. “Tilling my own grave to keep me level” was one of the first things I’d ever heard that so perfectly summed up how I felt.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Still low res, but the full show is up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuZ5RqVlch0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Driving down to Chicago tomorrow to catch the show.

Successfully managed to avoid setlists for once.

Can't wait.