Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    just watched this the other day!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I really got a lot facepalms for hating on this track! Haha

But it really is just a huge disappointment. It entirely lacks any of the clever, unique expression found on Mer De Noms and Thirteenth step. Ultimately, it is altogether boring and could have been made by anyone. The best APC tracks to this day have not been emulated or imitated. Maynard seems really uninspired at this point because this seems like an effortless attempt to cash a check, and disuades me from much curiosity about what follows, although I'm sure I'll check it out anyway

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I really got a lot facepalms for hating on this track! Haha

But it really is just a huge disappointment. It entirely lacks any of the clever, unique expression found on Mer De Noms and Thirteenth step. Ultimately, it is altogether boring and could have been made by anyone. The best APC tracks to this day have not been emulated or imitated. Maynard seems really uninspired at this point because this seems like an effortless attempt to cash a check, and disuades me from much curiosity about what follows, although I'm sure I'll check it out anyway
    I too was underwhelmed. Liked it but not my favorite by a mile. I’m hopeful it’s one of those “weakest track on the album” singles. I’m sure it is given Billy and MJK’s track record.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So today marked the first time I've paid for a song via iTunes.

...I would like my $1.29 back.

Very 'meh' - not what I was expecting from APC.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I like it. That last 10 seconds kinda gives me a boner for a new Tool album, though.
    Last edited by Alrea; Yesterday at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    After multiple listens, I like it a lot. Sure, the music itself is a little cookie-cutter-rock-ish, but I love all the slower parts of the song, especially the 'What of the pious etc' bit.

That said, my favorite APC tracks tend to be the mellower ones (The Package, The Noose, 3 Libras, Orestes, When the Levee Breaks, Gravity), so I hope there's at least a few like that on the new album.

..if we ever get an album. I'm optimistic, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I haven't stopped listening to it all day. Had it on Spotify on my way to work, at work, and on my way home from work. Love it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'm often happy. Also gonna call it as I see it.
    Lord knows we are all anxiously awaiting your opinion so thank god you took the time to come in and tell us multiple times how not impressed you are.

Not sure what we all would have done without that information.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    Lord knows we are all anxiously awaiting your opinion so thank god you took the time to come in and tell us multiple times how not impressed you are.

Not sure what we all would have done without that information.
    No worries! Billy Howerdel could release 4 minutes of himself taking a shit and some nuthangers would drool for days, others shrug and move on!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No worries! Billy Howerdel could release 4 minutes of himself taking a shit and some nuthangers would drool for days, others shrug and move on!
    Except I don't think you ever "shrug and move on", you make it a point to repeatedly come in and shit on things you dislike because apparently your opinion is just that important that everyone needs to know how much you don't enjoy something.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    One could replace "Billy Howerdel" with "Trent Reznor" and the same logic would apply.

Some people like the new song, some don't. It doesn't have to be the greatest thing APC has ever done for people to enjoy it on some level.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I still haven't listened to the song, saving to hear it live, but I am seeing a lot of people say "By and Down" was a better song. For what it's worth, I always thought B&D was a weak song. I never liked it. If this song is as hard as people are saying it is, It'll totally be up my alley. I like harder APC. Favourite tracks being Thinking Of You, Judith, The Hollow, The package, The outsider, Pet.

If it's anything like those songs, I'll love it.

But with that said, I loved hourglass and hated feathers. If that gives you an idea.

Can't please everyone I guess. We should just be happy there is new APC in 2017... Who would have even thought.
    Last edited by ManBurning; Today at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    New song is quite a letdown. I dunno, something about the production and song itself is just ehh. Maynard's vocal delivery feels lifeless and the lyrics a bit too teen-angst high school lyrics. This doesn't sound or feel like A Perfect Circle. It comes of like some mediocre metal band trying to be all dark and political. I've listened to it a few times and it's hard to make it to the end. I really can't believe that I'm actually saying this about A Perfect Circle, a band I love. But this song feels off and comes off sounding amateur.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I still haven't listened to the song, saving to hear it live, but I am seeing a lot of people say "By and Down" was a better song. For what it's worth, I always thought B&D was a weak song. I never liked it. If this song is as hard as people are saying it is, It'll totally be up my alley. I like harder APC. Favourite tracks being Thinking Of You, Judith, The Hollow, The package, The outsider, Pet.

But with that said, I loved hourglass and hated feathers. If that gives you an idea.

Can't please everyone I guess. We should just be happy there is new APC in 2017... Who would have even thought.
    It's the quieter parts of the song that recall By and Down. While I do like By and Down, I agree that it's not one of the band's stronger tracks. Personally, I like this song more and it (at least to me) feels more like an APC song.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Iím not gonna lie, conceptually The Doomed and By and Down couldnít be further apart. The keys in the song recall By and Down but Iíd place it much closer to those other songs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sounds like we have similar taste in APC and I think you will enjoy this one. I expect it to be exceptionally good live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not digging the new song. Kinda sounds like a jumbled mess. And I just feel like Maynard doesn't give his all to music anymore.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It sounds like he put exactly no effort into this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)