Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 3227

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Wes Borland is going to be opening for them for the next two upcoming shows. That should be pretty sweet.
    Yeah. Got really excited when I heard that. Really stoked for tonight's show.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Have fun!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hmm I don’t see the one near me on the list (Honda Center). I have to admit I was surprised when I saw that venue - still going though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm guessing this Fall tour will sell more tickets due to the new album but I agree, a small theater would be a much better environment. Some of the low ticket sales is probably due to oversaturation. I saw them twice last year in Tennessee about 6 months apart and they're playing the exact same arena again this fall. It's a good show and all but I think I'd rather see NIN.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Whyyyyy??? This seems a tad silly. If this was the farewell interview then maybe but still. $50?

https://shop.revolvermag.com/collect...collectors-set

Yeeeeah... that's super silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw them at Northern Invasion, was an amazing show! TOOL sounded even better though!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It seems they stopped playing B&D live after 2017... Makes me really sad, I wanted to hear it. Hopefully they shake the setlist up for the European tour and it gets played again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    The new songs sound great. MJK still got it. But I can't help but wish Greg was on tour with Failure right now (rather than wasting away in the shadows playing cleanup rhythm guitars).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Maynard's sounding great here and so does the whole stream, yet I can't help it... zero interest to see this band live anymore and I just don't know why.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    How was Wes?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, someone just fucked around with the pitch on his vocals (I believe there are multitracks for it that are ripped from Rock Band). It reminds me of this:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    This has, of course, been killed already.

There's a certain ten cent trading site that has the full 1080p stream rip, though...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Maynard's sounding great here and so does the whole stream, yet I can't help it... zero interest to see this band live anymore and I just don't know why.
    I can give you about a dozen reasons why I'm in the same boat as you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    McJunkins moves around wayyyyyy too much...like overacting.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    McJunkins moves around wayyyyyy too much...like overacting.
    I like it way more than Jeordie's "stand there and look bored as hell" approach.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    nevermind.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-05-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    it feels like maynard + billy + session musicians at this point. and they couldn't even hire the most vital session player of them all, Josh Freese.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    it feels like maynard + billy + session musicians at this point. and they couldn't even hire the most vital session player of them all, Josh Freese.
    To be fair, Josh Freese not being in the band anymore seems to be more Josh's decision than Billy & Maynard's. As far as the band being "maynard + billy + session musicians," Jeff Friedl has been in the band since 2011 and Matt McJunkins has been around since 2010. That's 7 and 8 years, respectively, which isn't anything to scoff at. I'd say they've been in the band long enough to be considered more than "session musicians." The nature of how APC functions as a band is actually extremely parallel to NIN: You have two main members who write and create the music and the live band is filled out by musicians who are hired to play what the main two have written, but in both cases, the live members have been around long enough to be more than just hired guns. In the studio, both bands are primarily two guys, but there's also a live band that's been made up of the same group of people for the past several years.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    oh, I get that Jeff and Matt have been in the band, AND that they're also in Puscifer. But they don't feel like they're in the band. They feel like session musicians.

Billy not knowing which drummers actually are on the record sure doesn't help the cause.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    oh, I get that Jeff and Matt have been in the band, AND that they're also in Puscifer. But they don't feel like they're in the band. They feel like session musicians.

Billy not knowing which drummers actually are on the record sure doesn't help the cause.
    Did Jeordie or Danny feel like more than session musicians to you? Honest question. I agree that Josh was awesome and wish he would come back to APC.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Did Jeordie or Danny feel like more than session musicians to you? Honest question. I agree that Josh was awesome and wish he would come back to APC.
    Didn’t Jeordie perform on Thirteenth Step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Didn’t Jeordie perform on Thirteenth Step?
    Yes. And Matt and Jeff both performed on By and Down. Matt also played on Feathers and Jeff is credited as one of the drummers on Eat the Elephant, though it's not clear which tracks.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    APC are playing the VooDoo festival this year. Marilyn Manson is on there too, but he sticks out like a sore thumb on this lineup.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    APC are playing the VooDoo festival this year. Marilyn Manson is on there too, but he sticks out like a sore thumb on this lineup.
    poor donald glover has to co-headline with fucking mumford & sons. barf.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    poor donald glover has to co-headline with fucking mumford & sons. barf.
    Eh. They're literally playing on different days. Yeah, they're next to each other on the poster, but it's not like they'll be on site at the same time and drawing from the same pool of attendees.

Also, who the fuck are Arctic Monkeys? (serious question)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Brilliant show tonight in Stockholm. Every song delivered, although the set list was the same as recent NA dates.
    Opening band was Black Peaks, you'll probably like them if you are into ATDI and heavier Deftones stuff. It seems most of the crowd were oblivious to the fact there's gonna be an opener at all as they were only announced like 5 days ago.

As for Matt moving on stage - I didn't noticed that at all, in fact it was Billy who ran every which way. Matt was mostly glued to his spot and because of this I hardly saw Greg behind him at all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    yes, they felt like part of the band. TBH I couldn't even tell you who was Matt and who was Jeff if they weren't behind their instruments, and I've seen APC/Puscifer almost a dozen times.