Page 63 of 109 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 3264

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I personally don't film when I got see a show but I get why some people do. Enforcing policies like this one makes you look like an asshole as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Don't film or take any pictures or you'll get kicked out.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mor...taking-photos/
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I personally don't film when I got see a show but I get why some people do. Enforcing policies like this one makes you look like an asshole as far as I'm concerned.
    I never had an issue with anyone recording this year whatsoever. Yeah, if someone has their hands up and records the whole set in front of my face so I can't see then sure but a photo snap or video snippet ocassionally I don't see the big deal or get mad, I'm even guilty of that. Unless the band is distracted I don't get the big deal for this stance. No one is gonna make bank on lousy quality videos made on cell phones so the "copyright" issue isn't a big deal. Bootleg videos don't really sell or circulate well in 2017 thanks to youtube now and I don't see any bands being super militant. Reznor fucking encourages the shit.

It's just Maynard being Maynard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw APC a couple weeks ago and actually thought it was pretty cool how they just don't allow photos or video at all. My city is especially bad for that kind of shit though so it was nice for once to not see like 60% of the audience holding their phones up the entire time like at most other concerts I go to. Being kicked out is kind of harsh but there are signs posted literally all over the venue so it's impossible not to know. I personally would like to see other bands enforce this as well, it greatly enhanced the overall experience for me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    +2 for putting the damn phones away. Enjoy the show, not try to relive it through a crappy camera or brag about where you are at a certain point in time on social media.

As nice as it was to see NIN all over YouTube in 2008-2009 (and the great job TOIOU did), the experience at the actual venues sucked.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I read that people were getting kicked out if they so much as pulled it out. Could of been a family emergency or just checking a message, they didnt seem to care and got no money back from it.

I feel like that's too harsh

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I read that people were getting kicked out if they so much as pulled it out. Could of been a family emergency or just checking a message, they didnt seem to care and got no money back from it.

I feel like that's too harsh
    Agreed. If you’re just checking texts or scores of games with the phone down by the waist, that’s a bit too much.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This is very much old man yells at cloud.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Maynard also isn't one to apologize....i don't think i have ever seen that tbh. I expect him to not give a shit about this tbh

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    This is very much old man yells at cloud.
    Quite the opposite actually. If you want an “old man yells at cloud during APC” experience you should’ve been at the show at Hollywood Bowl where where fiancé and me got yelled at for standing up when the first song hit....

... and then proceed to hear these dipshits talk during the show while fucking around with their phones sitting in their seats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Quite the opposite actually. If you want an “old man yells at cloud during APC” experience you should’ve been at the show at Hollywood Bowl where where fiancé and me got yelled at for standing up when the first song hit....

... and then proceed to hear these dipshits talk during the show while fucking around with their phones sitting in their seats.
    This reminds me of a Puscifer show I attended several years ago. Many in the crowd stood up when they came out on stage, but there were quite a few people that started chanting “sit the fuck down!” Total surprise and much to my happiness people did not comply.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    This reminds me of a Puscifer show I attended several years ago. Many in the crowd stood up when they came out on stage, but there were quite a few people that started chanting “sit the fuck down!” Total surprise and much to my happiness people did not comply.
    I sat through most of the last Puscifer one I went to until the final act where everything took off. A lot of people did. It was kinda neat to experience it without people pushing and acting like dicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I have an extra ticket for tomorrow's show in Syracuse if anyone is near there and wants it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I have an extra ticket for tomorrow's show in Syracuse if anyone is near there and wants it.
    How much do you want for it? I missed them in Albany last night and hating myself for it. . .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    How much do you want for it? I missed them in Albany last night and hating myself for it. . .
    Sent you a PM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That. Was. Definitely. One of the best shows I've ever seen!

The sound was perfect! It was so amazing! Maynard was incredible! Everyone was so on top of their games! It was worth 14 years of waiting.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    X-posting from Netphoria re: finally getting to see James Iha:

Finally got to see the man in action tonight. Was in good form, though tucked away up stage right. Did his little joke segment about the city the band was in. Loves Montreal's scenery. Our connection to nature. Our poutine, of course. Good times. Introduced the Outsider. He tried to flick a pick down into the audience at one point but was just too far back, it bounced off the stage onto the floor. Sighed.

The two people to my right showed up halfway through the show and after a moment the girl goes..."Is...that...THE OLD GUITARIST FROM THE SMASHING PUMPKINS?" I don't know how familiar with APC she was, but...she was plainly delighted to see him up there. When I told her they might be recording next year her jaw dropped.

Wasn't a flawless show...It's incredibly off-putting to me, having rows and rows of fucking seats on the floor of an arena venue, but the no-camera policy actually made for a nice, relatively distraction-less experience. This will, yes, hopefully be only the first of several times I see James play music along with bald guys named Billy.

I still love By and Down and Feathers, and still think Hourglass is a really fucking weird song. Griping about remixes over original tracks has been done before, and I concur.

Maynard: "There is clickbait, and then there is the horse's mouth. This is the horse's mouth: New APC album in 2018." They really seem to mean it, looking forward to it. He also joked that someone dared him to use a cabasa (rattlesnake thingy) during every song of the night, and did so.

Great night.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder if APC will have to replace Iha when Pumpkins actually start moving...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I wonder if APC will have to replace Iha when Pumpkins actually start moving...
    Probably, I hope it’s Danny Lohner.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Guess it depends on timeframes. Pumpkins are supposed to be recording next year, nobody's said anything about tour dates yet but it's a given soon after...new APC will likely be along before new Pumpkins is and I can only assume they will want to tour again to support a new album. Somehow I doubt James wants to live on the road for two years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Excellent choices of songs.

Package is still my favorite song. Counting Bodies live is just so godamn intense!! 3 Libras Remix Live is almost weird, but the instruments are just killer. The Doomed sounded better live.

Billy Howerdel is absolutely amazing! Moving everywhere, full of energy! At the end, he bowed down to us, we too were grateful. James Iha made everyone laugh with his speech, that was cool.

Almost a perfect experience except for : too many people moving in my row, always getting beers and going to the toilet all the time. It was missing Passive. Hourglass wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I also might have saved the guy next to me from being thrown out completely. He pulled out his camera and snapped a shot before I tapped him on the shoulder and tried to warn him off. He put it away, but not before security pulled him aside. Was gone for a good half a song, so I guess he pleaded ignorance succesfully.

Dammit listening heavily again reminds me that I have a Stone And Echo-sized hole in my physical collection.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

https://t.co/ZHQ3k7e4d7

https://twitter.com/aperfectcircle/s...33850334568448

(Turn on the volume.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't know about you guys, but for me the video worked:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love the song and appreciate and see what the idea was going for but for this song it missed the mark for me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but for me the video worked:

Sadly, I don't feel the need to ever watch it again (but I love the song). APC has had some fantastic videos in their past (Judith, 3 Libras, even Weak and Powerless), but I think they decided long ago – The Outsider seemed to be a turning point with that horrible Bikini Bandits bullshit – that music videos weren't worth the investment and this just further proves that point for me. Granted, the old outlet for music videos (MTV) is dead and buried, but a lot of people still watch them on YouTube. Phoned-in videos (or none at all) seem to be par for the course with a lot of bands these days, though (NIN included).

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    "Okay guys, everybody just take off your pants and crowd around. Allow the mixed feelings of awkwardness, discomfort, horror, and amusement to come and go as they will."

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well that was a pretty uneventful and useless video.

What was their goal here exactly? to troll us into watching some dudes standing around doing sweet fuck all?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I had zero fucking expectations but I liked the video for its simplicity. And it actually felt like a band instead of a collection of guys who are just getting together for a brief run.

As far as just seeing the live show - they are as tight as I've ever heard or seen them. The songs felt very fresh and crisp. Like this is just the exact perfect right time for all of them to be doing this.

Very much looking forward to the record and hope they tour again in '18 to support it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    What was their goal here exactly? to troll us into watching some dudes standing around doing sweet fuck all?
    I see you've heard about our office manager meetings

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I was a fan of "the doomed" the first time I heard it, but by the 3rd or so time I heard it, the song already started to bore me, not a good sign. Normally you want the opposite effect with songs. You want to hate them at first and have them grow onbto you to the point you asked why you hated it at first... not the case with this song at all. After many listens it is just a "meh" quality song.

Video is awful as well.