Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Results 1,981 to 1,991 of 1991

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don’t care for A Stranger but 1) it’s half the length of Disillusioned and 2) wasn’t pimped out as a single.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I don't think any album that has this and, assumedly, The Doomed, Feathers and Hourglass will be anything close to being a bad album. At the worst, indicative of a directional shift I'm already well prepared for. These will work much better within album context than in isolation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I don't think any album that has this and, assumedly, The Doomed, Feathers and Hourglass will be anything close to being a bad album. At the worst, indicative of a directional shift I'm already well prepared for. These will work much better within album context than in isolation.
    It HAS been 14 years (!!) since their last album – 15 if you exclude eMotive, since it was all 99% covers (even Passive was a reworking of Vacant). They're due for a change of pace, if you ask me. Still sounds very much like APC to me, I don't get why so many are bitching about it being APC Lite (I disagree). Keep in mind that these are singles, too. Singles tend to be the most palatable songs on albums and are often chosen by the label rather than the band (who knows if that's the case here, though). There's bound to be other songs that people like more on the album once it's released/leaked.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I listened to “The Doomed” and “Disillusioned” with headphones today while I was at the gym. These tracks are growing on me. I will say I can see why APC is releasing the weakest tracks as singles prior to the album while teasing the great tracks like “Feathers” and “Hourglass” live. I can honestly say I’d purchase the new album just to hear the studio versions of those two tracks.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Disillusioned will very probably open the album.

Just a feeling, but strong enough to leave it here so i can come back and brag that i was right

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The latest APC single is absolutely wonderful, even better than the last one although i still quite enjoyed "The Doomed". One was just more flashy and less substantial is all but nothing wrong with that. Place and time for everything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    What we really needed was a song where MJK tells everyone they use their cell phones too much

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    What we really needed was a song where MJK tells everyone they use their cell phones too much
    I think he touches on that in Disillusioned, actually. The line "Time to put the silicon obsession down, take a look around, find a way in the silence" makes me think of that, at least.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think he touches on that in Disillusioned, actually. The line "Time to put the silicon obsession down, take a look around, find a way in the silence" makes me think of that, at least.

Yeah, I saw that post yesterday and was guessing sarcasm so didn't reply to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, I saw that post yesterday and was guessing sarcasm so didn't reply to it.
    Oh yeah, the sarcasm was not lost on me. And I must say that while I do typically snap a few photos and take a few 10-30 second videos at concerts, I actually really appreciated not having a fucking sea of cell phone screens being held up in front of my line of sight, for once.