Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109
Results 3,241 to 3,264 of 3264

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's a hell of a setlist. I'm experiencing maximum FOMO right now. Really wishing I had bought a ticket to the Chicago show, but none of my friends wanted to go and I didn't really want to drive to Chicago alone. I might have to try to make this happen despite how much it would cost to buy a resale ticket, drive there, and get a hotel for the night...
    How far away is it for you?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    How far away is it for you?
    Roughly a 6.5-hour drive, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time I've made a trip to Chicago just for a concert (I've gone serveral times for NIN, Tool, Chicago Open Air, & Riot Fest).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    Yeah that setlist is mostly correct based on my shitty phone recording. I skimmed through it this morning and Puscifer definitely played Tiny Monsters which seems to be missing from that setlist and a few Puscifer tracks are out of order. Also, surprised nobody has mentioned that Carina handled backing vocals on The Contrarian and Kindred (as well as Pablo's Hippo's)
    Looks like someone has made those corrections (maybe it was you?) over on setlist.fm. Does this look correct and complete now? Still can't get over the fact that they're playing a 30-song set!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Looks like someone has made those corrections (maybe it was you?) over on setlist.fm. Does this look correct and complete now? Still can't get over the fact that they're playing a 30-song set!
    Yep, that is finally correct!

Hoping they swap out a few songs tonight but not at all expecting it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got The Noose instead of Counting Bodies last night! Puscifer played a few different tracks as well, don’t know Primus well enough to tell if they played anything different. Setlist.fm looks correct on first glance.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Just got my Sessanta EPPP and if you’re like me you’ve been wondering who played on the track so here

KINDRED - A PERFECT CIRCLE
    MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN - VOCALS. PROGRAMMING
    BILLY HOWERDEL - GUITARS. VOCALS. BASS. KEYBOARDS
    JOSH FREESE - DRUMS
    PRODUCED BY BILLY HOWERDEL & MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN
    ENGINEERED & MIXED BY BILLY HOWERDEL
    ADDITIONAL ENGINEERING - SMILEY SEAN
    MASTERING - DAVE COLLINS

Edit: I really enjoy this track but there are some meh aspects to it that I kind of attribute to the production/mastering overall. Part of it sounds very much like a demo recording and I sort of hope we get a version like “Kindred Spirits Wait” or something on a follow up album like we did with “By And Down” after they’d had time to work more on it live and hunker down together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gerbil; 04-06-2024 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Definitely a meh track. Just sort of middling. Too bad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Kindred is the worst song on the EP. Felt like APC on auto pilot.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm not seeing this tour so I shouldn't really care, but I'm a bit disappointed with lack of song rotation on APC part. So far the only change has been swapping Counting Bodies for The Noose and back, while all other 9 songs remain the same.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm not seeing this tour so I shouldn't really care, but I'm a bit disappointed with lack of song rotation on APC part. So far the only change has been swapping Counting Bodies for The Noose and back, while all other 9 songs remain the same.
    I agree a little more variation would be nice (I'd LOVE to see them bring back the album version of 3 Libras, Rose, Thinking of You, or Sleeping Beauty), but I can't say I'm surprised since Maynard is onstage singing with both APC and Puscifer. By the way, my FOMO got the best of me and I did cave and bought a ticket to the Chicago show. I'm flying out and going to the show alone, but at least I'll get to see it! I just wish that Josh Freese were still playing with them for the Chicago show, but unfortunately, the Los Angeles show will be his last Sessanta appearance. I barely missed him on the With Teeth tour, too (we got Alex Carapetis instead).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Kinda disappointed to see the amount of hate for “Kindred.” I think it’s a good song with some flaws.

I’m jealous of y’all going to these shows.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Kinda disappointed to see the amount of hate for “Kindred.” I think it’s a good song with some flaws.
    Agreed, it's a decent song, but not amazing. I try not to make snap judgements anymore ever since thinking Mer de Noms was kind of mediocre on my first listen (except for Judith, which I always loved), only to have that album go on to become one of my all-time favorites after it finally clicked with me. Perhaps with time, I'll come to appreciate this one more, too...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Between No Angel, Pablo's Hippos and Kindred it is the worst cut on that EP for sure.

Kindred is not bad but it feels like an Eat The Elephant track I would ignore when listening to the album like The Contrarian.

That's why I called it an auto-pilot track. It is a solid song but it's a standard APC track and isn't interesting to stand out amongst the pack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like Kindred a lot. The other two songs have plenty of immediate gratification. With Kindred you can kinda turn it on and let it build.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    I like Kindred a lot. The other two songs have plenty of immediate gratification. With Kindred you can kinda turn it on and let it build.
    I agree with this. I gave my criticisms earlier but it’s still a good track.

Also, idk if anyone else feels this way but the swap between “feline friend” and just “friend” strikes me as a deliberate shift in subject coupled with the sudden change in tone.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'd say it's a good track. One of their best? Eh, probably not, but a welcome return nonetheless.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I found the studio recording of "Kindred" a bit stifled and lifeless. However, I saw it performed live in Houston this past Saturday, and it really comes alive in that setting. Felt more natural, heartfelt, and present.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can confirm, "Kindred" is better live. I was lucky enough to be fourth row from the stage at the Tennessee show and all three bands killed it! So many funny interactions happening in the background and center stage all three hours. Don't miss this if you have a chance! (We also got Wynona's Big Brown Beaver!!!)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Revisiting ETE again since its release, it suffers from just being so painstakingly boring.

Most of the tracks blend into each other, to the point of sounding like background, lounge music. I miss the rock aspect of their sound, and it becomes so overproduced at times, it is hard to ignore. Kindred is no exception to this, and goes absolutely nowhere.

I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I'd rather listen to eMOTIVEe over ETE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The arrangements and instumentation are so dull on ETE one would assume that they never performed most of the songs in a room together until after the album was already finalized. Also, I haven't been liking Billy's guitar tone from since APC reactivated.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Revisiting ETE again since its release, it suffers from just being so painstakingly boring.

Most of the tracks blend into each other, to the point of sounding like background, lounge music. I miss the rock aspect of their sound, and it becomes so overproduced at times, it is hard to ignore. Kindred is no exception to this, and goes absolutely nowhere.

I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I'd rather listen to eMOTIVEe over ETE.

APC on ETE is definitely not the same band I fell in love with when Mer De Noms came out. Thats for sure. Very overproduced and to be honest, Maynard's lyrics with APC now are very cringe and too on the nose for me. Puscifer lyrics are more discreet which is saying something. The Kindred lyrics, while I like the meaning, are just not for me. I miss Maynard that was a bit more closed off and cryptic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Huh. I still go back to ETE frequently. There are points where I can tell "oh you wrote this on a piano and forgot to make it not sound like that" but even that doesn't really dissuade me from enjoying it.