Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
Results 1,801 to 1,811 of 1811

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    dude I certainly understand the lyrics, especially as a Christian who considers the beatitudes to be the most important part of the religion. I GODDAMN sure don't think the lyrics say "newbie attitude."

And I'm VERY familiar with the Gospel of John. Theology is a hobby of mine.

That being said, there is a VERY pivotal scene in Where The Buffalo Roam in which Hunter Thompson approaches Nixon and asks him " what about the doomed? "
    And Nixon replies "fuck the doomed."

So while I absolutely "get" the lyrics, I DO think that that line from WTBR is/was part of the impetus of the writing of these lyrics.
    Oh, sorry, I wasnít calling you out. I was elaborating on what you were saying. I agree thatís probably not a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    After letting it marinate for a couple days, yeah, I really like this song. Definitely hoping for more Billy hard rock guitar-driven stuff on the album, but I'm looking forward to it no matter what they do.

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Oh, sorry, I wasn’t calling you out. I was elaborating on what you were saying. I agree that’s probably not a coincidence.

oh fuck!
    Hahaha, I'm sorry! I hope I didn't come across as too much of an asshole :/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    oh fuck!
    Hahaha, I'm sorry! I hope I didn't come across as too much of an asshole :/
    Itís all good! Glad to know there are other people with theology knowledge around here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Seems like I am listening to two different songs at times. After a couple of listens, it really comes together eventually. Was it confirmed if By and Down will be on the album or not?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Seems like I am listening to two different songs at times. After a couple of listens, it really comes together eventually. Was it confirmed if By and Down will be on the album or not?
    As far as I know it hasnít come up.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    I thought By and Down was a single released to give people a reason to buy that Greatest Hits collection. It'd be odd if it popped up again.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post

you guys are asking these types of questions to the wrong people....there is only one person in here who can accurately answer this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    you guys are asking these types of questions to the wrong people....there is only one person in here who can accurately answer this.
    Well donít leave us hanging.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got myself two birthday presents: skydiving and a ticket to the Chicago show on 11/24. This is definitely the longest gap I've had between seeing a single band..I haven't seen them since they were doing the Thirteenth Step tour 13 years ago.

Don't mind one bit that I'll be in a seat for the show. I'm not a huge guy, I don't want to be standing around pushy-people to get a good view of the band..I'd rather eat two pot cookies and enjoy the shit out of the music. Can't wait. Fingers crossed for 'Passive' on the setlist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another interview with Billy for those interested:

https://www.abqjournal.com/1079739/a...ing-album.html