Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The Hollow 2001 rerecording
    Also, what's the story on this? I don't think I've ever heard it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Live in Pnoenix + some bonus tracks: The Package extended; The Hollow 2001 rerecording; Army demo (later reworked into I forgot which Ashed Divide song)
    The Stone.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    The band rerecorded it (in one take) with Josh Freese who doesn't play on the studio track. Maynard didn't redo his vocals, but they're remixed. There's an extra chorus and they took the harmony out of the first chorus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Turns out James Iha had a new solo album this year. Anyone heard it? Is it worth checking?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    it isn't a rerecording, just the radio version that contains an extra chorus and a different drum fill intro. the production is a bit different too, but it's still all the same source recordings used on the album. the official title is "Mix 2001" and it was edited/re-produced by Alan Moulder.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's not a different drum fill intro, it's completely new drum performance by Josh Freese, it's obvious throughout the whole song.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    *Ahem*
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 04-18-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Turns out James Iha had a new solo album this year. Anyone heard it? Is it worth checking?
    yeah it's pretty good

i got one of the songs streaming on my tumblr if you wanna check it out http://broken-chairs.tumblr.com/post...ha-gemini-2012

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    it isn't a rerecording, just the radio version that contains an extra chorus and a different drum fill intro. the production is a bit different too, but it's still all the same source recordings used on the album. the official title is "Mix 2001" and it was edited/re-produced by Alan Moulder.
    I have it on very good authority that it is, in fact, a completely new recording.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm more interested in that Army recording. I hear elements of that track across both Mer De Noms and 13th Step. Curious about the Ashes Divide reference.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    I'm more interested in that Army recording. I hear elements of that track across both Mer De Noms and 13th Step. Curious about the Ashes Divide reference.
    What are you curious about? It evolved into Ashes Divide's 'The Stone'.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's not a different drum fill intro, it's completely new drum performance by Josh Freese, it's obvious throughout the whole song.
    drummers do alternate takes in the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I have it on very good authority that it is, in fact, a completely new recording.

i bow to your mystical authority. someone go scan the credits of The Hollow 2001 promo, or someone go show me Alan Moulder/a band member talking about re-recording it, please.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    i bow to your mystical authority. someone go scan the credits of The Hollow 2001 promo, or someone go show me Alan Moulder/a band member talking about re-recording it, please.
    I thought the 2001 radio mix of The Hollow was just mixed with more distinct drum features, also perhaps having a re-recording of those only. Josh Freese and not Tim Alexander unlike the Mer de Noms version?

After reading back, it looks like everyone is in agreeance with me or vice versa.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-19-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    http://www.discogs.com/A-Perfect-Cir...elease/1420782

EDIT: Skwerl from the old APC.net boards, who was actually involved with the band, confirmed it was a new recording way back in 2003 or thereabouts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Found this on the tubes.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Found this on the tubes.
    well, whatever it was, it's gone now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    well, whatever it was, it's gone now.
    Well FUCK.

Fucking Maynard took down the account. It was a new YouTube account that had all sorts of rare TOOL/APC/Puscifer shit. Lots of rare interviews and whatnot. What the fuck is Maynard's problem? Prick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well FUCK.

Fucking Maynard took down the account. It was a new YouTube account that had all sorts of rare TOOL/APC/Puscifer shit. Lots of rare interviews and whatnot. What the fuck is Maynard's problem? Prick.
    Did it in any way link to any of the bands' sites?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn. There was some good shit on that channel.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Wish we could hold off on updating this thread until there's some, y'know, actual news like?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Wish we could hold off on updating this thread until there's some, y'know, actual news like?
    Oops, apologies for the inconvenience.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Don't mind me, I'm just grumbling this band did a random, rip-off tour and then nothing, not even on the horizon.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Don't mind me, I'm just grumbling this band did a random, rip-off tour and then nothing, not even on the horizon.
    It's alright, I feel the same way. It's really strange of them to do that. Last I heard, Maynard had laid down vocals on at least one track, so either they're taking a fucking long time to figure out how they want to release music now, or they scrapped it. It's kinda annoying that it's just been nothing but radio silence. The slightest update would be nice, even if it's just a "We're just trying to figure out what we want to do, but it's not dead."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That's kind of how I feel about most of the threads in the Muscial Revolution section of this forum.
    For some reason, with the old ETS, people seemed to ONLY post in a thread when there was some sort of news. Now it's a "everything goes, hodge podge discussion about your faviorute band" it seems.

I've learned to accept this though, this is how the new ETS is gonna be. But boy-of-fucking-boy do I ever feel your pain on this issue, especially with that TOOL thread! =)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i guess i'm of the (rare?) faction that prefers general discussion about a band and all of their merits over a constant news stream. not for nothing, but it's not like we're pitchfork or NME. there are plenty of other sites for that up-to-the-minute news stream.

i will agree that there's a lot of unnecessary squibbling in the "big bands" (tool, manson, etc.) threads, though. but i, for one, welcome quality discussion about a band, both past and present.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. Makes it easier to find the threads that people actually care about, unlike some others COUGH COUGHgnr COUGH. Also, people are actively posting videos like the ones above, etc. which is always welcome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like discussing bands, don't even have to be relevant with any news at the moment to enjoy a rousing conversation or have fun passing time.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well, for me it is easy enough to go to a bands page I may be following and check out their Facebook, Official Site (that rarely exists anymore), Twitter, GOOGLE, etc to see what is up. I really like that you can go into a thread now and start talking about say a video, an old demo someone may be looking for, a live video/performance, or even just to talk about an album and no one flies off the handle and starts yelling at people because they clicked on the thread just to not receive any new news. I actually like to see other peoples opinions in here and have some constructive debates here and there. I've learned a butt load of stuff on here from fellow board members about bands that I love; being subjected to just posting in a thread, or bumping a thread for news about a band that everyone on the board likes I always found a bit silly. Either someone will respond and add to the convo, or no one will respond.

I guess what I am trying to say is Google is one hell of a resource

But yea, a studio version of By and Down would be fucking nice... a thank youuu.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Not all bands, just this one. I am happy to discuss Bach or whatever artist has no new releases. Just grumbling about seeing this thread updated all the time, hoping there'll be some news, and then finding people chatting about them like it's all cool. Like I said I resent the fact this band got together for a tour that was horrible...and then nothing.
    Don't mind me, carry on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If it's APC we are talking about, a post about previously unseen or rarely seen PRO SHOT FUCKING FOOTAGE qualifies as pretty big news to me.