Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 3226

Thread: A Perfect Circle

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Also, who the fuck are Arctic Monkeys? (serious question)
    Hard to believe this is a serious question considering how close it is to the title of one of their EPs. All I know of them is a minor hit from 10+ years ago called "I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor" that never interested me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Hard to believe this is a serious question considering how close it is to the title of one of their EPs. All I know of them is a minor hit from 10+ years ago called "I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor" that never interested me.
    Wow. I mean, that's an extremely generic form of questioning - I've said "who the fuck is/are..." about countless bands, celebrities, etc. Guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone had the idea to get self-aware about their own (presumed) obscurity.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It sure if serious. Google!!!...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    Wow, Danny felt like part of the band to you!?

Also, the comparisons are a little unfair considering Jeordie and Danny were both already established names prior to their involvement with APC whereas Matt and Jeff were brought onboard for Ashes Divide through an audition process.
    I'm honestly more than a little surprised that the fact that these guys have played in Ashes Divide, A Perfect Circle, AND Puscifer over the course of the past decade seems to have done NOTHING for their reputations as far as the fanbase is concerned.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Jeordie and Josh and co also had, for instance, their parts in the tour diary film they did. They also used to do a ton of band interviews and appearances. Remember that long radio interview of Josh and Jeordie just fucking off for an hour or whatever?

It was a different band altogether with a different way of operating and a very clear 'band' dynamic regardless of how much those guys contributed in studio. I think Matt and Jeff are rad players. But it's a different time and it's clear MJK/Billy are different, more emotionally mature people. By all accounts MJK treats touring like a job. That's not in any way a negative thing because I don't feel he's phoning it in or anything, but it's different from a roving group of musicians pillaging countrysides of their cocaine and groupies. Bands in which the 'main guy' is the MJK/TR type don't really build that outward je ne sais quoi that newer/hungry types have. But nobody can blame those guys for coming to work, giving it their all, and then clocking out. TfaThey've seen and experienced the cabal of mad house mirrors that is touring so they know what can happen if you don't shape up and make that shit run like a well oiled machine. So these are the trade-offs in watching musicians you love try to balance passion with economics with professionalism and try to blow people away while also wanting to get back to their life. Things just come across differently. I can't say I'm not a bit jealous of the APC days where MJK and the band would get hammered on stage every night and riff the whole time and just keep fucking around playing Metallica covers for half an hour after lights came up and the show was over, etc. But I realize that guys who do that forever don't tend to stay doing it without issue. So yeah the shows these days are a little more of a performance (immovable setlist, one or two one liners from Maynard maybe) than a rock show, I'm just stoked I get to see bands like that still. Well all long for the golden era of our favorite groups, but I think APC are doing pretty well for themselves all things considered.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm honestly more than a little surprised that the fact that these guys have played in Ashes Divide, A Perfect Circle, AND Puscifer over the course of the past decade seems to have done NOTHING for their reputations as far as the fanbase is concerned.
    It (understandably) may not be obvious to the average person but I can tell you as somebody who does multiple shows a tour - Matt Mcjunkins has a number of people that regularly travel specifically to see him and I swear I meet or hear about a new one every leg. Considering he's mainly a hired gun with just one EP release of his own material under his belt, I find that pretty damn impressive.
    Last edited by Jaimie; 06-06-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    poor donald glover has to co-headline with fucking mumford & sons. barf.
    He ain’t Mumford and isn’t trying to have sons.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Matt McJunkins has groupies? Lol. I couldn’t pick that dude out of a police line up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    LOLZ well "groupies" is not exactly the description I would use because I personally find that term pretty gross (and it gets thrown around waaaaaay too often) but yes, he's establishing quite the fan base and it's actually been really fascinating to watch unfold.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    He ain’t Mumford and isn’t trying to have sons.
    igethtatreference.gif

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Matt was stuck in that crazy situation with Eagles of Death metal in Paris, stuck in a room not knowing what could happen.... I feel like since then he's been trying to enjoy every moment on stage. Dudes got his family and i really hope the Beta Machine breaks through...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    Matt was stuck in that crazy situation with Eagles of Death metal in Paris, stuck in a room not knowing what could happen.... I feel like since then he's been trying to enjoy every moment on stage. Dudes got his family and i really hope the Beta Machine breaks through...
    Wow, he's in that band too?? And he was there when that went down? I wasn't aware of either of those things.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Jeordie and Josh and co also had, for instance, their parts in the tour diary film they did. They also used to do a ton of band interviews and appearances. Remember that long radio interview of Josh and Jeordie just fucking off for an hour or whatever?

It was a different band altogether with a different way of operating and a very clear 'band' dynamic regardless of how much those guys contributed in studio. I think Matt and Jeff are rad players. But it's a different time and it's clear MJK/Billy are different, more emotionally mature people. By all accounts MJK treats touring like a job. That's not in any way a negative thing because I don't feel he's phoning it in or anything, but it's different from a roving group of musicians pillaging countrysides of their cocaine and groupies. Bands in which the 'main guy' is the MJK/TR type don't really build that outward je ne sais quoi that newer/hungry types have. But nobody can blame those guys for coming to work, giving it their all, and then clocking out. TfaThey've seen and experienced the cabal of mad house mirrors that is touring so they know what can happen if you don't shape up and make that shit run like a well oiled machine. So these are the trade-offs in watching musicians you love try to balance passion with economics with professionalism and try to blow people away while also wanting to get back to their life. Things just come across differently. I can't say I'm not a bit jealous of the APC days where MJK and the band would get hammered on stage every night and riff the whole time and just keep fucking around playing Metallica covers for half an hour after lights came up and the show was over, etc. But I realize that guys who do that forever don't tend to stay doing it without issue. So yeah the shows these days are a little more of a performance (immovable setlist, one or two one liners from Maynard maybe) than a rock show, I'm just stoked I get to see bands like that still. Well all long for the golden era of our favorite groups, but I think APC are doing pretty well for themselves all things considered.
    This is, like, 100% what it is. I’m sure the guys have fun and they don’t hate every moment of it but they definitely aren’t having a roving party like it seemed during the TTS days.

It’s just a little different that’s not necessarily bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    it feels like maynard + billy + session musicians at this point. and they couldn't even hire the most vital session player of them all, Josh Freese.
    that might just be it. Although I dislike the latest record for the most part their back catalogue really speaks to me, yet I don't see the point in shelling out 50+ Euros just to see or not see Maynard in the far distance and a band where everybody seems to be playing on their own.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got myself a ticket for the show at Red Rocks. So for my first three months living in Colorado, I’lll be seeing Bill Burr, NIN, and now A Perfect Circle. I can’t fucking wait.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've had a few listens to it, and I think is a good (but not great) album that could have used a better tracklist. Along with a lot of reviews, I think the album starts off too soft (1 slow song is ok, but 3 is too much in my opinion), but it gets stronger as the the album continues. I'd have preferred if the tracklist was more like this:

1. Disillusioned
    2. TalkTalk
    3. The Contrarian
    4. The Doomed
    5. Delicious
    6. Hourglass
    7. DLB
    8. By and Down the River
    9. Eat the Elephant
    10. So Long...
    11. Feathers
    12. Get the Lead Out

This way the album is more balanced from front to back.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Dragging myself to see them tonight in London with a stinking cold, actually wish I had a seated ticket, but I will persevere!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I've had a few listens to it, and I think is a good (but not great) album that could have used a better tracklist. Along with a lot of reviews, I think the album starts off too soft (1 slow song is ok, but 3 is too much in my opinion), but it gets stronger as the the album continues. I'd have preferred if the tracklist was more like this:

1. Disillusioned
    2. TalkTalk
    3. The Contrarian
    4. The Doomed
    5. Delicious
    6. Hourglass
    7. DLB
    8. By and Down the River
    9. Eat the Elephant
    10. So Long...
    11. Feathers
    12. Get the Lead Out

This way the album is more balanced from front to back.
    I like this order

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just got front row balc tickets for the Detroit show they just added! It'll be nice to see them at the Masonic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Just got front row balc tickets for the Detroit show they just added! It'll be nice to see them at the Masonic.
    Thinking about heading out for this one myself because that venue looks awesome, I BETTER SEE YOU THIS TIME.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    London Wednesday show was amazing. Strict no camera rule was enforced and a few people were turfed out but most stuck to the no camera rule which made for a nice atmosphere to be fair. Band were tight and muscular as fuck, absolutely amazing. Set included Eat the Elephant, Rose, Thomas, Blue, Thanks for Fish', Hourglass, The Doomed and The Package and covers Peace Love and Understanding, Imagine and Dog Eat Dog which was a tribute to ACDC, Chris Cornell and Anthony Bourdain. Glad I got my December ticket!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw the Thursday show and they were amazing then too, although the sound was pretty muddy. The light show was super cool, and Maynard sounded great from where I stood.
    They got some massive extended applause and the band seemed pretty blown away at the support they've had on this tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i have a question regarding Eat The Elephant downloads.
    now i have not been around much so i did not get to my download link until this week and when i used it, i only got 3 racks so i am a bit confused.

were we not supposed to get the entire album in HD/24 bit with a CD purchase? hm...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    now i have not been around much so i did not get to my download link until this week and when i used it, i only got 3 racks so i am a bit confused.

were we not supposed to get the entire album in HD/24 bit with a CD purchase? hm...
    I don’t remember that but if you can find it I’d be tickled pink.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post

That download was only supposed to come with the boxset

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    That download was only supposed to come with the boxset
    Are you sure it isn’t...available to the rest of us?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I wish November wasn’t so far away.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Man, Counting Bodies Like Sheep is such an awesome live song. I get why a lot of people would like to see Pet come back, but Bodies is so massive and atmospheric.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I scored aMOTION for two bucks at Goodwill today. Was pretty excited when I found it, as it's the one APC release I haven't seen in the wild before.