Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 3262

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I don't think any album that has this and, assumedly, The Doomed, Feathers and Hourglass will be anything close to being a bad album. At the worst, indicative of a directional shift I'm already well prepared for. These will work much better within album context than in isolation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I don't think any album that has this and, assumedly, The Doomed, Feathers and Hourglass will be anything close to being a bad album. At the worst, indicative of a directional shift I'm already well prepared for. These will work much better within album context than in isolation.
    It HAS been 14 years (!!) since their last album – 15 if you exclude eMotive, since it was all 99% covers (even Passive was a reworking of Vacant). They're due for a change of pace, if you ask me. Still sounds very much like APC to me, I don't get why so many are bitching about it being APC Lite (I disagree). Keep in mind that these are singles, too. Singles tend to be the most palatable songs on albums and are often chosen by the label rather than the band (who knows if that's the case here, though). There's bound to be other songs that people like more on the album once it's released/leaked.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I listened to “The Doomed” and “Disillusioned” with headphones today while I was at the gym. These tracks are growing on me. I will say I can see why APC is releasing the weakest tracks as singles prior to the album while teasing the great tracks like “Feathers” and “Hourglass” live. I can honestly say I’d purchase the new album just to hear the studio versions of those two tracks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Disillusioned will very probably open the album.

Just a feeling, but strong enough to leave it here so i can come back and brag that i was right

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The latest APC single is absolutely wonderful, even better than the last one although i still quite enjoyed "The Doomed". One was just more flashy and less substantial is all but nothing wrong with that. Place and time for everything.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What we really needed was a song where MJK tells everyone they use their cell phones too much

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    What we really needed was a song where MJK tells everyone they use their cell phones too much
    I think he touches on that in Disillusioned, actually. The line "Time to put the silicon obsession down, take a look around, find a way in the silence" makes me think of that, at least.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think he touches on that in Disillusioned, actually. The line "Time to put the silicon obsession down, take a look around, find a way in the silence" makes me think of that, at least.

Yeah, I saw that post yesterday and was guessing sarcasm so didn't reply to it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, I saw that post yesterday and was guessing sarcasm so didn't reply to it.
    Oh yeah, the sarcasm was not lost on me. And I must say that while I do typically snap a few photos and take a few 10-30 second videos at concerts, I actually really appreciated not having a fucking sea of cell phone screens being held up in front of my line of sight, for once.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Maynard J Keenan@mjkeenan Big news coming next week. @aperfectcircle #aperfectcircle2018

New album info I'm assuming.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Maynard J Keenan@mjkeenan Big news coming next week. @aperfectcircle #aperfectcircle2018

Just a post confirming the album won’t be coming out this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ lol

It is Maynard tweeting this though. He doesn’t really fuck around, unlike other members of his bands.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    ^^^ lol

It is Maynard tweeting this though. He doesn’t really fuck around, unlike other members of his bands.
    True. He’s pretty straightforward when it comes to this stuff. And to be honest I love it when he shuts down fans tripping all over themselves to spread the newest rumor.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

New Puscifer announcement :P

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Pfft, announcing big news "next week" on a Monday. Fucking tease.

Also, they announced a show in Columbia, MO on May 16th. Last year I got to see them two weeks before my birthday, this year I'll get to see them two weeks after!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Fragility v3.0 tour with NIN (one can dream)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Pfft, announcing big news "next week" on a Monday. Fucking tease.
    Yeah, personally I am not a fan of this "announcing announcements" stuff. I hate it when movie trailers have teasers for trailers and bands say "big announcement next week", just save everyone the wait and announce the news.

I miss the days where you would wake up to the news, not the announcement that news is coming "soon"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, personally I am not a fan of this "announcing announcements" stuff. I hate it when movie trailers have teasers for trailers and bands say "big announcement next week", just save everyone the wait and announce the news.

I miss the days where you would wake up to the news, not the announcement that news is coming "soon"
    Not me. I enjoy the anticipation.

Besides I miss nothing from the past. The past is dead to me. A pox upon things from the past.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Will they go the bigcorp business machine where you have to wait 3 months for the album when it's done? Or the independent route like NIN or Radiohead where you just release the darn thing?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    They’re signed with BMG so I’m assuming bigcorp. But they’ve also just kind of been announcing the singles and releasing them without forewarning so who knows.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Billy repeatedly said in interviews that they are targeting Q2 release date. Looks like they are right on track with that.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, personally I am not a fan of this "announcing announcements" stuff.

</ Drive-by shitpost >

For real, I don't object to it if it's something like "stay tuned tomorrow morning". Once you start telling people "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT IN TWO WEEKS" you've got a problem.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

</ Drive-by shitpost >

For real, I don't object to it if it's something like "stay tuned tomorrow morning". Once you start telling people "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT IN TWO WEEKS" you've got a problem.
    Fortunately it’s just a week.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Once you start telling people "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT IN TWO WEEKS" you've got a problem.
    This made me laugh so hard.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

That's just how marketing works though. Sometimes it's for no other reason than to build anticipation, but sometimes it's because there really are details that still haven't been finalized but you don't want to just sit around not saying anything at all.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Those arena ticket sales = OOF!

One would think they learned from last round of touring. Speaking of which, I wonder if there just adding some dates inbetween the festivals and that’s it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://instagram.com/p/Bey2ZhAhVDx/

Excitement!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post

Excitement!

Dizziness!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Someone take a Dramamine and get those lyrics transcribed!