Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1789

Thread: A Perfect Circle

  1. #1621
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,265
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    That was single-handedly the WORST concert ticket buying experience of my life. I'm on a school bus in the middle of the woods in Quebec on my way to the Montebello rockfest. The site was slow as shit from the getgo, I had it ready to go well, well in advance and as 10am (1pm here) hit, the site just stopped working.

    If that's not enough, by the time I did get tickets I was stuck with row 36... then I went to fill out the form, and it timed out on me. So I had to start from scratch, thankfully the same tickets became available, but I went through all the steps again and then I got caught on that stupid mastercard secure verify code page... some stupid bullshit security measure of some banks. And I guessed a few and got it wrong. So I called the number on the card to get assistance, and the lady couldn't hear me cuz I was in bum-fuck nowhere Quebec... we were disconnected and the timer ran out, AGAIN!

    3rd times a charm, I go through all the bullshit again and finally get to the end and I got stuck with row 37... urgh... what bullshit.

  2. #1622
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,066
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I had no idea AM used an additional/different wrapper. Makes sense, though. Do you know on a tech spec level if M4P simply copies the existing audio stream out of the iTunes Store AAC?.
    If you have iTunes Match, you can get the DRM-free .m4a versions (or purchase individual releases, obviously). From what I've been able to find, it should be the same 256 AAC stream inside of a different wrapper depending on what services you have.

  3. #1623
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love how literally every single floor ticket was either instantly sold out at 10:00 or i can pay $400 for one and a shitty "VIP" experience. Bands who take literally no effort at all to prevent scalpers from buying up all their tickets can go fuck themselves. Just like when NIN performed here in El Paso, the venue will be half empty, in large part due to shit like this. Oh well.

  4. #1624
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    scalpers are awesome, how else are you going to get $10 tickets on day of show?

    source: APC @ Hollywood Bowl 2017

  5. #1625
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My hatred for those kinds of people kinda out weighs my desire to put my money in their pocket, even if it is to see a band I really like. Regardless, a floor ticket popped up like 15 minutes after I wrote that so ignore my saltiness .

  6. #1626
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,584
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I MIGHT go to the Chicago show. If I do it'll be via some jamoke over-valuing APC large venue tours.

    And its it's pretty cool to hand pick your seats.

    Definitely NOT advocating for scalpers, but they have some benefits from time to time.

  7. #1627
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And its it's pretty cool to hand pick your seats.
    This is a great benefit for sure - I've gotten so many VIP/first row/above the soundboard seats I wouldn't have ever gotten otherwise.


    ex) Sat 4 rows behind and just to the right of the soundboard last Saturday for a show. Value of tickets: $120. Purchase price: $80.

  8. #1628
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    827
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

  9. #1629
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,584
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maynard's Twatter suggests going into live rehearsal to learn some new tracks.

    We'll see i guess if it's more new songs, or different takes on the newer songs that were heard during the last tour.

  10. #1630
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Maynard's Twatter suggests going into live rehearsal to learn some new tracks.
    It’s mildly notable he said “tracks” not “songs.” Maynard’s usually pretty careful with his own words.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1631
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,584
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Either way, we'll see. Also says #apc2018 for whatever that's worth.

  12. #1632
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Either way, we'll see. Also says #apc2018 for whatever that's worth.
    True. I was actually kinda surprised to see that because there’s been a huge radio blackout from the Tool, Puscifer, and APC camps lately. It implies that they’re all actually doing something but I could be wrong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #1633
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,584
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    It implies that they’re all actually doing something but I could be wrong.

    Haha!!! Wow, it really is bizarre being a Tool/APC fan in 2017.

    I just re-read my post about Maynards Tweet, subconsciously noting to put in he "suggests" new tracks. They could tell us the new Tool album drops on December 15th and most of us wouldn't believe it until the product was in our hands or on our phone/PC/iMac.

    le sigh :/

  14. #1634
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Haha!!! Wow, it really is bizarre being a Tool/APC fan in 2017.

    I just re-read my post about Maynards Tweet, subconsciously noting to put in he "suggests" new tracks. They could tell us the new Tool album drops on December 15th and most of us wouldn't believe it until the product was in our hands or on our phone/PC/iMac.

    le sigh :/
    I actually believe there will be a new APC album in 2018. New Puscifer wouldn't surprise me, either. Tool, on the other hand...

  15. #1635
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I actually believe there will be a new APC album in 2018. New Puscifer wouldn't surprise me, either. Tool, on the other hand...
    Agreed with APC and Puscifer. APC is presumably under contract with BMG to deliver something soon.

    Tool wouldn’t surprise me either, though. Their longest hang-up seems to have been digital releases and revenue but it sounds like that might have been resolved last year...

    Either way I’ve been distracted with tons of other music so I’m just happy any which way! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #1636
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    They could tell us the new Tool album drops on December 15th and most of us wouldn't believe it until the product was in our hands or on our phone/PC/iMac.
    I'm not even gonna believe it until I've been listening to it for at least a week.

  17. #1637
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    500
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember being skeptical about Vicarious and The Pot.

  18. #1638
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I remember being skeptical about Vicarious and The Pot.
    I remember people thinking that the band had recorded en entire "decoy album" to distract fans from the "real album" and I remember thinking that those people were being ridiculous and that the decoy album theory was fucking stupid.

  19. #1639
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,265
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    All I know is, he better not debut new songs at the Aftershock festival next weekend, cuz I'm skipping APC's set to secure a good spot for NIN...
    Bloody hell...

    Maybe I'm going to have to re-think that decision...
    I mean.... the only pit show on the tour AND new songs... I know how much Maynard hates his pits...

  20. #1640
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,869
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    All I know is, he better not debut new songs at the Aftershock festival next weekend, cuz I'm skipping APC's set to secure a good spot for NIN...
    Bloody hell...

    Maybe I'm going to have to re-think that decision...
    I mean.... the only pit show on the tour AND new songs... I know how much Maynard hates his pits...
    I'm almost glad I'm missing Aftershock because being in the front of APC earlier this year at a fest was one of the best experiences of my life, shortly followed by being at the front for NIN at fests being some of the best experiences of my life. I can safely say that if APC is putting on shows like earlier this year then MJK's voice will be incredible and the whole set will be electrified and full of life.

    On the other hand it sounds like they'll be touring fairly regularly next year, so if you want to sacrifice their set to see NIN closer up, then you might be able to still check them out sometime relatively soon.

  21. #1641
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,265
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm almost glad I'm missing Aftershock because being in the front of APC earlier this year at a fest was one of the best experiences of my life, shortly followed by being at the front for NIN at fests being some of the best experiences of my life. I can safely say that if APC is putting on shows like earlier this year then MJK's voice will be incredible and the whole set will be electrified and full of life.

    On the other hand it sounds like they'll be touring fairly regularly next year, so if you want to sacrifice their set to see NIN closer up, then you might be able to still check them out sometime relatively soon.
    Yeah, they're coming to Vancouver in November. I have tickets. That's how I justified skipping APC for a rail spot for NIN. But, our tickets are pure garbage. They're like row 17 or row 23 or something awful like that. I HATE being stuck in seats at a show, but at a Maynard show, you don't really have a choice because they're ALL seats at his shows. Unless there's a show at a festival, that's the only chance in hell getting into a pit at a Maynard show.

    I mean, I haven't seen APC since 2011, and just saw NIN at the rail at bakersfield this summer... but, this one is mainly for my girlfriend. This will be here first NIN show, and she's crazy short and I want her to at least be able to see and enjoy the show, so I kinda wanna secure us rail spots (or very close behind rail) for NIN.

    I'll judge the crowd after Run the Jewels. If it emptys out to APC then I might stop by APC for a few songs, but if it starts getting packed after RtJ and other people have the same plan, I may just stay there waiting for NIN.
    The fact there is a 5 min span between APC ending and NIN starting is ridiculous!

  22. #1642
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The fact there is a 5 min span between APC ending and NIN starting is ridiculous!
    that is indeed a big problem, I don't want to miss apc either so i guess i'll have a shitty spot for nin, hopefully it doesnt take 30mn to get from a to b.

  23. #1643
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,356
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    APC just posted a video (no sound) that says "A Perfect Circle - The Doomed". New song soon? New album title?

  24. #1644
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    APC just posted a video (no sound) that says "A Perfect Circle - The Doomed". New song soon? New album title?

    Just came to post the same thing. Wish we got more info on this! Color me excited! It's been a LONG time since the last real APC album.

  25. #1645
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,115
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The fact there is a 5 min span between APC ending and NIN starting is ridiculous!
    Ridiculous for the fans? Yes. But short of putting them on the same stage (or giving APC a really, really shitty set time), it's the only way to do it from a logistics standpoint.

  26. #1646
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,869
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    I am so hyped. I love APC so much and a new album from them would be the perfect thing right about now. That festival show in April was a magical experience and I'm ready for whatever material they've got to give.

  27. #1647
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This makes me even more excited for their St. Paul concert in about 6 weeks! Maybe they'll play Feathers, Hourglass, AND another new song (The Doomed?). Unless The Doomed is just the album title, which I'm hoping is the case because that's a cool title for an album. But it could also be the title track and/or the new single...

  28. #1648
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    #calledit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #1649
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    500
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What does it mean!!!

  30. #1650
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    that is indeed a big problem, I don't want to miss apc either so i guess i'll have a shitty spot for nin, hopefully it doesnt take 30mn to get from a to b.
    this leads right into my theory that festival headliners should be spread throughout the day, not all sandwiched in at the end of the night. i think it would make for a much more enjoyable festival experience. i was at aftershock last year and had to sacrifice slayer for a good tool spot, but if the organizers wouldve spread things out it couldve benefited everyone. the big bands still get the longer slots, theyre just not all back to back.
    Last edited by center27j; 10-13-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions