22 Post(s)
    Grade A inspiring talk/story from MJK.

https://www.revolvermag.com/premium-...mes-keenan-bjj

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Two dates for London 13th and 14th June

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Couldn't manage to get tickets for London, for whatever reason, so now ive got tickets and a hotel in Manchester and no money till next thursday.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Seriously looking at Oslo date, it has some cheap flights too... But goddanmit, if NIN also tours next year, I'm gonna be broke. (I really need them to do solo shows so I can pay 60 Euro for a ticket instead of 200+ for a festival pass).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Ugh, I don't get why my favorite bands always seem to go for the Zitadelle in Berlin. I hate that place.
    Didn't stop me from buying a ticket. Glad I finally get to see them.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    And heading to the Montreal date in a week and a half. This'll be the first time I see the band since the Fragility tour. Gonna try and hang out up front near James Iha, because, you know. Pumpkins fanboy like that. This'll actually be the first time I've ever seen him play live.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    saw them last night in nyc. everything was far more enjoyable and sounded much better than i expected! new songs were great, and they announced an album for sure coming in 2018.

as for james, i saw him play on the adore tour, which was my first concert. it was incredible, but he wasn't his usual witty, dad-joke cracking bantering self, which i'm sure was the expectation given the nature of that record, the tour, and they material they played. it was great to see that side of iha last night, glad it wasn't killed off in the late 90s!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    saw them last night in nyc. everything was far more enjoyable and sounded much better than i expected! new songs were great, and they announced an album for sure coming in 2018.

as for james, i saw him play on the adore tour, which was my first concert. it was incredible, but he wasn't his usual witty, dad-joke cracking bantering self, which i'm sure was the expectation given the nature of that record, the tour, and they material they played. it was great to see that side of iha last night, glad it wasn't killed off in the late 90s!
    i would honestly listen to an album that's just him telling dad jokes on stage. i've had a crush on him and his awkwardness since i was 10.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bought my tickets to the London show on Wednesday via the presale. I considered the Paris venue because it's smaller (and round the corner from one of my favourite restaurants) but couldn't justify it for 80 euros.

Glad to hear the American shows are going well. I've waited 18 years to see them so my expectations are high!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This is a bit random, but can anyone PRIVATELY point me in the direction of where to find a high quality copy of the single version of "The Hollow"? I prefer it to the album version, but there's nowhere to buy it from.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    This is a bit random, but can anyone PRIVATELY point me in the direction of where to find a high quality copy of the single version of "The Hollow"? I prefer it to the album version, but there's nowhere to buy it from.
    If no one helps you with this remind me when I get home from this tour in 10 days and I'll rip a high quality copy.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    If no one helps you with this remind me when I get home from this tour in 10 days and I'll rip a high quality copy.
    I had someone help me, but unfortunately they sent me the original single version, which is basically the same as the album version. I'm specifically looking for the 2001 mix. I know it's a bit harder to find.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I am also interested in hearing this version.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I am also interested in hearing this version.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    They've been soundchecking songs they haven't played on this tour.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    They've been soundchecking songs they haven't played on this tour.
    Judith?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Judith?

They're not going to play that

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They're not going to play that
    Why? Because it's about Maynard's mother, who's since passed? Or because he can't sing it very well anymore? Both?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'd rather they bring back album version of 3 Libras.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yes x 1000!!! That's always been my favorite song of theirs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I had someone help me, but unfortunately they sent me the original single version, which is basically the same as the album version. I'm specifically looking for the 2001 mix. I know it's a bit harder to find.
    Here's a physical copy, if you don't mind spending around $20: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10476392?ev=rb

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was looking and found some decent priced vinyl copies of eMOTIVe and Thirteenth Step on eBay. I seen a few Mer de Noms but not as cheap. I'll probably buy them soon.

I still love The Doomed and am eagerly awaiting more songs and studio recordings of Hourglass and Feathers. I hope the album has more than at least 8 tracks. That's not too much to hope for is it? I bet the album release will see some sort of colored vinyl variants also, which I bet will sell out in a blink of an eye. Gonna have to keep my (our) eyes peeled.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Why? Because it's about Maynard's mother, who's since passed? Or because he can't sing it very well anymore? Both?
    Because it’s about Maynard’s mother.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I was looking and found some decent priced vinyl copies of eMOTIVe and Thirteenth Step on eBay. I seen a few Mer de Noms but not as cheap. I'll probably buy them soon.

I still love The Doomed and am eagerly awaiting more songs and studio recordings of Hourglass and Feathers. I hope the album has more than at least 8 tracks. That's not too much to hope for is it? I bet the album release will see some sort of colored vinyl variants also, which I bet will sell out in a blink of an eye. Gonna have to keep my (our) eyes peeled.
    All 3 records are still available to buy from Amazon for less than $25 each.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    exactly, as well as Pet...these "remixed" versions are fucking terrible. two great songs destroyed, way to go guys.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I had always assumed that 3 Libras isn't played due to all the higher, sustained notes and MJK being unable to do it justice. Hell, they didn't even play it back for the 2010 three night / three album tour.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Hell, they didn't even play it back for the 2010 three night / three album tour.
    They did actually but it was dropped for the remix right after. The last time I seen it live was at Maynard's 50th birthday show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    They did actually but it was dropped for the remix right after. The last time I seen it live was at Maynard's 50th birthday show.
    They didn't play it (actual song I mean, not the remix) in Seattle, though if I recall correctly that was one of the later cities in the tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm off to see them in Boston tomorrow. Not a boast, but just in case anyone has/knows of spares before I try to get a sweet deal on a resale site..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyarse View Post
    I'm off to see them in Boston tomorrow. Not a boast, but just in case anyone has/knows of spares before I try to get a sweet deal on a resale site..
    Don't film or take any pictures or you'll get kicked out.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mor...taking-photos/