Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Shoot it my way too please!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ugh. It turns out FedEx delivered the box to the wrong building in my complex. The name they listed on the tracking was wrong, and that person does not exist. Finally found it in an office a few buildings over. No thanks to FedEx, who hasn't responded in any way to the claim I filed a week ago.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    Ugh. It turns out FedEx delivered the box to the wrong building in my complex. The name they listed on the tracking was wrong, and that person does not exist. Finally found it in an office a few buildings over. No thanks to FedEx, who hasn't responded in any way to the claim I filed a week ago.
    So you finally got it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    So you finally got it?
    Yeah. My frame didn't break immediately, either, which is nice. But still... how fucking inept of FedEx. And of that office, to just have it sitting there and not tell me - or at least send it over to MY building's office. For fuck's sakes.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yeah. My frame didn't break immediately, either, which is nice.
    But it did eventually?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    But it did eventually?
    I'm assuming the answer will be yes at some point in the future.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I think I have a good mp3 file on a flash drive somewhere, I'll take a look.
    Hate to be "that guy" but did you have any luck?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Hate to be "that guy" but did you have any luck?
    Check your PMs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Check your PMs.
    May I also have a PM? Please and thank you!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm not asking for a PM, but I wouldn't mind if one popped up in my inbox, too! Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    What do you think would be a fair price to sell my boxset for? I want to refund it to Totalbox, but they seem to be fucking useless and nonresponsive when I try to ask them. The corner is snapped, but all of the contents are still wrapped in plastic and sealed. I haven't even been able to open it. Any offers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'm not asking for a PM, but I wouldn't mind if one popped up in my inbox, too! Thanks in advance!
    QFT...me plz!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    What do you think would be a fair price to sell my boxset for? I want to refund it to Totalbox, but they seem to be fucking useless and nonresponsive when I try to ask them. The corner is snapped, but all of the contents are still wrapped in plastic and sealed. I haven't even been able to open it. Any offers?
    $300. Don't be concerned with the morality of that - you have a rare, coveted item. Get what it's worth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    $300. Don't be concerned with the morality of that - you have a rare, coveted item. Get what it's worth.
    Unopened and unused and undamaged I would say $250-$300

partially opened, damaged, and not i its original intended condition would drop it out of fair market value, not just by my standards but by the majority of collectors as well. Think of selling an autographed Babe Ruth 8x10 at a Sports Memorabilia Convention, however the top right corner of the photo is torn or completely ripped off or hanging by a thread. That damage would significantly lower the value approximately 35%-50% of its face value. There will always be buyers who are he exception who have money to throw around and are willing to pay just about anything for an item, but by generic collector value, I would go with the rule and not the exception. Good luck finding a buyer willing to spend around $300 or more, and I mean that without the slightest bit of sarcasm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYlovesYOU View Post
    Unopened and unused and undamaged I would say $250-$300

partially opened, damaged, and not i its original intended condition would drop it out of fair market value, not just by my standards but by the majority of collectors as well. Think of selling an autographed Babe Ruth 8x10 at a Sports Memorabilia Convention, however the top right corner of the photo is torn or completely ripped off or hanging by a thread. That damage would significantly lower the value approximately 35%-50% of its face value. There will always be buyers who are he exception who have money to throw around and are willing to pay just about anything for an item, but by generic collector value, I would go with the rule and not the exception. Good luck finding a buyer willing to spend around $300 or more, and I mean that without the slightest bit of sarcasm.
    I disagree. I've seen mint copies sell for $400-$650, and these things get rarer with each one that sells. I think $300 would be perfectly fair for a damaged one, especially considering how many of them ARE damaged.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Harry Seaward, I would upload plenty of pictures on eBay of your item. Take advantage of the best offer option. If someone is willing to pay $400 for your item, then it's their decision and after all of the fees and shipping, you'll net approximately $330. Someone probably will give you a best offer of $300-350, then it'll be your decision how much return on investment you want.

Of course there will be buyers on eBay that send you $50 offers. But there are desperate buyers on there. I've seen it happen plenty of times where someone really wants the item. I'll decline their offer prices the maximum of three times and then he/she ends up purchasing it at the offer price. For me, it's all about patience. Let increasing market value over time do the job for you.
    Last edited by [73]; 01-24-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I disagree. I've seen mint copies sell for $400-$650, and these things get rarer with each one that sells. I think $300 would be perfectly fair for a damaged one, especially considering how many of them ARE damaged.
    I think $0 would be perfectly fair for a damaged one, but that's just because I think anything that's this limited edition and expensive shouldn't BE damaged when it arrives in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think $0 would be perfectly fair for a damaged one, but that's just because I think anything that's this limited edition and expensive shouldn't BE damaged when it arrives in the first place.
    I agree that they shouldn't arrived damaged in the first place, although just because THEY ARE damaged doesn't essentially make them completely worthless

Since there seems to be MORE damaged than UNDAMAGED I would like to think the undamaged ones are more rare and more coveted in the market place, therefore would be more expensive

Back on topic of APC, any guesses of when another full blown tour will be? I'm guessing after TOOL and Ashes Divide put our their new albums and tour. I'm guessing 2016.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYlovesYOU View Post
    I agree that they shouldn't arrived damaged in the first place, although just because THEY ARE damaged doesn't essentially make them completely worthless

Since there seems to be MORE damaged than UNDAMAGED I would like to think the undamaged ones are more rare and more coveted in the market place, therefore would be more expensive

Back on topic of APC, any guesses of when another full blown tour will be? I'm guessing after TOOL and Ashes Divide put our their new albums and tour. I'm guessing 2016.
    We'll be lucky if Tool puts out an album by 2016

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    no shit. and then they'll tour the fuck out of it until 2020 no less, with short break for puscifer tours.
    and come 2024 we may finally see The Pot video.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tapeworm by 2100, perhaps?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This is the A Perfect Circle thread, let's talk about stuff that actually exists and not the "Next Tool album."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ok then, a question. who plays on studio version of By and Down besides Maynard and Billy?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ok then, a question. who plays on studio version of By and Down besides Maynard and Billy?
    I assume the current band line-up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Matt on Bass Jeff on Drums. No James.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    in other news, Paz Lenchantin joined Pixies as their new bassist
    Last edited by fillow; 01-29-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    in other new, Paz Lenchantin joined Pixies as their new bassist
    I was at a Pixies show right after she joined and didn't even realize it was her. I only watched 2 songs, anyway.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Cue the whining in five... four... http://total-box-music.myshopify.com...live-2010-2011

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The SECOND I saw the Facebook post, I came here. L-o-fucking-l.

That being said, I'm totally getting it. With the exception of the fact that it's a DVD instead of a blu-ray, this is exactly what I would have wanted in the first place, as far as this particular release goes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hopefully they fixed all the typos on the inside.