Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    The mix. The synth is louder, comes in earlier, and plays over the second verse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mix is quite different! I just listened to my vinyl and what you said is correct. Weird that I never noticed it.
    Another quite well known fact: the vinyl version of Get The Lead Out doesn't fade out, instead there's a locked groove.
    Does this make eMOTIVe the only APC album where there's no drastic difference between the CD and the vinyl?
    Last edited by Lerxto; 01-12-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The mix is quite different! I just listened to my vinyl and what you said is correct. Weird that I never noticed it.
    Another quite well known fact: the vinyl version of Get The Lead Out doesn't fade out, instead there's a locked groove.
    Does this make eMOTIVe the only APC album where there's no drastic difference between the CD and the vinyl?
    What’s the difference on Thirteenth Step?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Can anyone provide vinyl rips of Hourglass and Get The Lead Out please?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Can anyone provide vinyl rips of Hourglass and Get The Lead Out please?
    I, too, am interested in hearing these versions.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I had no idea The Package extended was standard for the vinyl.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is the sample of the woman in Counting Bodies Like Sheep the same sample from (Can't You) Trip Like I Do?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No. The female voice in Trip Like I Do is similar to Message to Harry Manback, in the sense that it was something left on Scott Kirkland's answering machine. It's not something available for public sampling.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Alright in my quest to confirm which concert the photo I liked comes from, I sort of gave up. (photo linked in this post https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...032#post445032 ).

But, today I received a copy of the "Tool Drive," (https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...491#post446491 ), which also has some videos of APC concerts from 2000 and 2001. So...there may be some hope! Super excited to go through these (though I can't start immediately and it will take some time). Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Last edited by sinspots; 02-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I might have asked this before but APC did two acoustic sessions for Thirteenth Step. One of them was a little longer and features Maynard explaining the meaning of the songs and making poop jokes. Does anyone happen to have that version of the show? I tried looking on some of my old drives but I don’t seem to have sufficiently backed it up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just spreading the word that this auction was posted on eBay tonight for a snowboard signed by Billy. All proceeds will be donated to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to aid in life-saving cancer research and to help families who are battling.

Billy donated this unique snowboard that was made for him around 2005 when APC released their dvd/cd package aMOTION.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I kind of really dismissed Eat The Elephant when it came out, aside from “So Long...”. However, I had it playing in the car today and found myself surprised not to really be skipping anything and actually enjoying every song. Maybe it was a case of having too high expectations at the time of release? Whatever the case, I’d probably now rate it an 8.5 from a 6.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I kind of really dismissed Eat The Elephant when it came out, aside from “So Long...”. However, I had it playing in the car today and found myself surprised not to really be skipping anything and actually enjoying every song. Maybe it was a case of having too high expectations at the time of release? Whatever the case, I’d probably now rate it an 8.5 from a 6.
    It's a really good album, i just heard it last week and i still like it a lot, don't get the hate...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I instantly loved the album. I hope more people come around to it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I did too. Unfortunately I put off listening to it for probably a year or so.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    As did I!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    As did I!
    You liking the album so much was such a pleasant surprise last year. <3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tomayto, tomahto. I still don't like it, and i'm unlikely to revisit it much if at all. I'm not gonna be arsed if you folks dig it, but i'm off of the Perfect Circle train. 13th Step is my last stop.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ‘Twas a good tour, too. Great setlist that mixed up new with old perfectly, and brought back Judith.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    ‘Twas a good tour, too. Great setlist that mixed up new with old perfectly, and brought back Judith.
    I'm definitely glad they brought Judith back, but I'm getting sick of 3 Libras (All Main Courses Mix). I want them to play the album version of 3 Libras because it's my favorite APC song and I've only seen them play it twice (first: Fragility v2.0 in 2000, second: 13th Step tour in 2003) and since the last time was 16 years ago, there's probably a pretty slim chance of that happening, which is a serious bummer. I'd also suggest that they give Counting Bodies a break in favor of Pet or Thinking of You. They could also trade out one of the Emotive songs and instead play Sleeping Beauty again.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I wonder how many times Billy has started a convo with Maynard saying, “so, about 3 Libras in the set tonight...” and Maynard just gives him a death stare back before he can continue to ask to play the non-remix version.

They even did the remix for Trifecta, right? That was a sin.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 04-16-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder how many times Billy has started a convo with Maynard saying, “so, about 3 Libras in the set tonight...” and Maynard just gives him a death stare back before he can continue to ask to play the non-remix version.
    Surprisingly, they did a normal version on MJK birthday show in 2014.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Surprisingly, they did a normal version on MJK birthday show in 2014.
    Great Scott!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

That song was a strain on Maynard’s range in its heyday. I can only imagine where he’s at now. Plus, I’m sure there’s something about being almost 60 and singing about 3 (likely) lovers that ignored or hurt you in your 30s that’s unappealing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That song was a strain on Maynard’s range in its heyday. I can only imagine where he’s at now. Plus, I’m sure there’s something about being almost 60 and singing about 3 (likely) lovers that ignored or hurt you in your 30s that’s unappealing.

I know that's likely the main reason for them no longer playing the album version, but they could maybe drop it down a step and slow it down a bit like Tool did with The Pot. I'm sure they could find a way to do it. I mean NIN played The Perfect Drug last year. Come on.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I’m sure there’s something about being almost 60 and singing about 3 (likely) lovers that ignored or hurt you in your 30s that’s unappealing.
    That's probably why they also dropped Brena. And even on Trifecta tour Maynard changed the name in the lyrics.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That's probably why they also dropped Brena. And even on Trifecta tour Maynard changed the name in the lyrics.
    He’s been changing the word in Brena since 04. He often subbed in “waffles.”

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Regardless, it’s too beautiful a song to retire just because of the subject matter. And if Tool can still pull off Ticks & Leeches live in a lower register, Tree Leebs can definitely follow suit!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Eat The Elephant was a respectable effort. Talk Talk, By And Down The River, Feathers, and The Doomed are top tier APC songs. But let’s stop pretending that this record is of the same caliber as Mer De Noms or Thirteen Step. Those were life changing type of albums. Eat The Elephant is basically on par with Hesitation Marks (great songs, decent songs, and some cringe moments).

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Eat The Elephant was a respectable effort. Talk Talk, By And Down The River, Feathers, and The Doomed are top tier APC songs. But let’s stop pretending that this record is of the same caliber as Mer De Noms or Thirteen Step. Those were life changing type of albums. Eat The Elephant is basically on par with Hesitation Marks (great songs, decent songs, and some cringe moments).
    Let's stop pretending there's an objective truth to this and respect that people have different opinions about things.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    But let’s stop pretending that this record is of the same caliber as Mer De Noms or Thirteen Step.
    It doesn't have to be for people to consider it a good album. I don't think it's on the same level as those albums, but I'm fine with it just being a good album.