Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Man, Counting Bodies Like Sheep is such an awesome live song. I get why a lot of people would like to see Pet come back, but Bodies is so massive and atmospheric.
    Yeah, but it's COMPLETELY replaced Pet at this point. Just like the All Main Courses Mix of 3 Libras. 3 Libras is my all-time favorite APC song and I would LOVE to see them play the original version again, but let's face it – that ain't happening.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Oh I would vote hard to get original Libras back. I think the alternate they do is better than they give credit for but the original is one of their best songs by far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, but it's COMPLETELY replaced Pet at this point. Just like the All Main Courses Mix of 3 Libras. 3 Libras is my all-time favorite APC song and I would LOVE to see them play the original version again, but let's face it – that ain't happening.
    2 of the best songs theyve ever recorded and while the "remixes" are good it sucks they dont perform them in their original form.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I moved the MJK Twitter Rape Accusation discussion to the "Sexual Asshatery" thread to discuss there. http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...he-News/page15

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone up for locating video of ?!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    Brah, you should put that in the NIN spotting thread or something. Someone here would probably be able to dig it up!

I’m not good at that shit lol.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    In case anyone’s interested, official lyrics are up on aperfectcircle.com.

Like our Prince and Reenies Mom,
    all the dolphins have moved on
    signaling the Final curtain call in all it’s atomic pageantry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We need APC+Nin tour again!!!
    with full sets,please

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    I believe there is footage of this on NINLive

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I checked and didn't find any, but if you do, let us know!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Yeah dude, please don't hold out on me!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am thinking of buying tickets but I have never seen APC in concert before. It seems MJK likes to hang out on the left side of the stage more often. Do you think tickets on the left side (but a little further back) would be better than on the right side (but a little closer)? Upper balcony seats. Thanks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    I am thinking of buying tickets but I have never seen APC in concert before. It seems MJK likes to hang out on the left side of the stage more often. Do you think tickets on the left side (but a little further back) would be better than on the right side (but a little closer)? Upper balcony seats. Thanks.
    I feel like the few times I’ve seen him he was in the middle but further back, practically in shadows.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    It honestly won't make much of a difference, unless the balcony is on three sides of the wall - in which case, buying house left tickets could potentially mean barely even being able to see Maynard. Go for the closer seats on house right to be safe.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Completely off the wall but I stumbled on this blast from the past while doing some cleaning today.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Completely off the wall but I stumbled on this blast from the past while doing some cleaning today.

Ah yes, the moment i stopped caring about APC.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    Ah yes, the moment i stopped caring about APC.
    It didn't make me stop caring about APC (I'm a fan of Eat the Elephant and roughly half of eMotive), but that whole Bikini Bandits thing was super weird and I fucking hated it. They were a band that took themselves fairly seriously up until that point and incorporating Bikini Bandits made the band look like a big fucking joke. It really pissed me off that they took what was probably my favorite song on the 13th Step (The Outsider) and after not being pleased with the ideas of a couple of directors, they completely gave up on making a good, quality music video with artistic integrity and instead turned it into a shameless commercial for Bikini Bandits. Puscifer (who I DO like, for the record) could get away with that bullshit, but not APC.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I love The Outsider video.
    I guess people who hate it also hate Puscifer? Because it's totally a precursor to that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I honestly admire for the band for being off the wall instead of creating a dark video that crammed what’s a catchy but heavy song into a space the band didn’t feel comfortable putting it into.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I honestly admire for the band for being off the wall instead of creating a dark video that crammed what’s a catchy but heavy song into a space the band didn’t feel comfortable putting it into.
    BUT given the subject matter of that particular song, in my opinion, The Outsider was the WRONG choice for an "off the wall" video. It's a dark song with dark lyrics and I think a dark and serious video would have much better suited for it. I have always felt the song and that video do not mesh together well at all. Anyway, if you like it, that's fine. I don't mean to "yuck your yum," it's just never made much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I guess people who hate it also hate Puscifer? Because it's totally a precursor to that.
    I DO like Puscifer, but

a. Not as much as APC or Tool
    b. I've never considered the goofy/comedic aspects to be one of their strengths. I'm glad they appear to be having fun, though.
    c. Puscifer has never taken themselves seriously. Like them or not, those comedic elements have always been present since the beginning, so it's always been part of their identity, which is why it's not strange coming from them. APC was a completely serious band with a cool air of mystery (think Judith and 3 Libras videos) until the video for The Outsider came along and pulled the rug out from underneath their pre-established image in a rather jarring way. It was out of character and off-brand for them.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-06-2018 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Further (perhaps unnecessary) elaboration

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Just my $0.02, but if a band has a good video or artwork it’s just icing on the cake. Doesn’t take away from the music they create or if they’re good live.

Dumb video but dont care.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, that video didn't kill how I felt about the band at all. Maynard has always approached his bands with some humor, even if it's not at the level that Puscifer is at (just look at the incredibly phallic Tool logo that was made). I think the video for "The Outsider" was him experimenting with that style, which he then decided to spin off into another band.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I love Puscifer and am completely ambivalent to the Bikini Bandits thing.

I've seen a few clips or whatever, it didn't really do anything for me comedically. I wouldn't call it a precursor to Puscifer at all, personally. But I've always taken Puscifer fairly seriously, even the comedic Puscifer bits. Honestly I usually forget that Cuntry Boner/World Up My Ass exist because they're so ill-fitting in Puscifer's discography imo. Other than those songs, all the comedy in Puscifer is usually either paired with sincerity or very tongue in cheek. There's no lack of dick and fart jokes, but they've found a good balance to keep from leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. Now I don't necessarily find much of the Puscifer stuff 'hilarious' especially as I get deeply into comedy, but I enjoy it enough.

So sure, MJK does his little characters and stuff for the whole Puscifer song and dance, but I wouldn't compare it to some low-brow, pointless humor like Bikini Bandits or whatever.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, Bikini Bandits plug in to APC was stupid but I ignored it really. I also disliked the Thinking Of You music video for the same purpose. Though both that and The Outsider are still top notch songs regardless.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I saw that video and decided right away to forget it even happened
    I love Puscifer and didn’t realize there was so much hate for it until I read it on ETS. Yes, there’s some silly-ness to it but some of their songs are damn beautiful and have a lot of soul.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Love Puscifer, love APC, hate the APC / Bikini Bandits thing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I also disliked the Thinking Of You music video for the same purpose.
    i didn't even know that song had a video. what the fuck? that was so dumb. also, the official upload on the official APC youtube is zoomed in so it cuts off the top and bottom of the video and looks (even more) awful.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i didn't even know that song had a video. what the fuck? that was so dumb. also, the official upload on the official APC youtube is zoomed in so it cuts off the top and bottom of the video and looks (even more) awful.
    Ew, also. That had to be made way after the fact, yeah? I was hard. core. into anything and everything APC around 1999/2000/2001 and I have zero recollection of there ever being a video for that song...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Some of us don't like our Puscifers mixed with our APCs. It's just a preference.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Just my $0.02, but if a band has a good video or artwork it’s just icing on the cake. Doesn’t take away from the music they create or if they’re good live.

Dumb video but dont care.
    I agree completely. I've been a big fan since seeing them open for NIN on the Fragility tour and I pay to see them live every chance I get (5x so far, will be 6 in November). I wouldn't bail on them for a couple of lame music videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yeah, that video didn't kill how I felt about the band at all. Maynard has always approached his bands with some humor, even if it's not at the level that Puscifer is at (just look at the incredibly phallic Tool logo that was made). I think the video for "The Outsider" was him experimenting with that style, which he then decided to spin off into another band.
    It didn't change how I felt about the band either, I just found them to be ill-fitting in APC's discography (as @Harry Seawood so eloquently put it, except he was talking about Puscifer). It's just a shame because most all of their other videos are great (Thinking of You is another exception with an equally terrible video). However, as @Space Suicide put it, I just ignored the videos and (like @Nellyrific ) pretended they didn't happen. Both The Outsider and Thinking of You remain favorites of mine, regardless. And yes, you're right that Tool has its own (darker) sense of humor, but humor isn't really the problem, as both of Maynard's other bands have used it successfully.