Page 75 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 3258

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Did either of you even read the article?

>>If you're looking for some more rock in your late night schedule, tune in to Late Night With Seth Meyers this week (through April 12) as Marilyn Manson drummer Gil Sharone sits in with the 8G Band.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Did either of you even read the article?

>>If you're looking for some more rock in your late night schedule, tune in to Late Night With Seth Meyers this week (through April 12) as Marilyn Manson drummer Gil Sharone sits in with the 8G Band.
    Yes I did and that's why I found the comment odd.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What do they mean by "the 8G band?"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://instagram.com/p/BhhAOcAlTfz/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    What do they mean by "the 8G band?"
    That's Seth Meyers' house band, led by Fred Armisen. Gil won't be playing with APC; he'll be the drummer for the show's house band for the week.

*edit - and that's not even the show APC will be on. Those are two completely separate events being referenced in that article.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 04-13-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    That's Seth Meyers' house band, led by Fred Armisen. Gil won't be playing with APC; he'll be the drummer for the show's house band for the week.

*edit - and that's not even the show APC will be on. Those are two completely separate events being referenced in that article.
    Alright, thank you. That was confusing as fuck. I was under the impression that was the case because it wouldn't be the first time a Marilyn Manson member played in APC.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So, not sure if it's actually included in the broadcast schedule, but IF APC's Coachella set is part of the webcast this weekend, will anyone with the know-how be ripping it? I'll be at work all day, so I won't even be able to watch, let alone attempt to capture it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    So, not sure if it's actually included in the broadcast schedule, but IF APC's Coachella set is part of the webcast this weekend, will anyone with the know-how be ripping it? I'll be at work all day, so I won't even be able to watch, let alone attempt to capture it.
    I'm sure it'll end up on YouTube. It did for Puscifer.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    According to the schedule they aren't part of the web stream: https://www.youtube.com/coachella

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Alright, thank you. That was confusing as fuck. I was under the impression that was the case because it wouldn't be the first time a Marilyn Manson member played in APC.
    We don't talk about him anymore.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    According to the schedule they aren't part of the web stream: https://www.youtube.com/coachella
    Ugh. Why am I not surprised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^I'm not sure why that radio station is saying that; APC is still not listed on the official schedule for any of the 3 webcast channels. Would be nice if they got added, though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Anyone going to try to catch “So Long...” today?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    At this point, I think I can hold off and wait for 5 more days. I've already heard half the album by now (The Doomed, Disillusioned, TalkTalk, By and Down the River, Hourglass, Feathers). I'd like there to be SOME surprises on release day!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So the live stream will first occur hours before the band plays, and then they play again on April 2, which is either in the past or a very long way away.

Not sure why you would believe anything written on that website.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    At this point, I think I can hold off and wait for 5 more days. I've already heard half the album by now (The Doomed, Disillusioned, TalkTalk, By and Down the River, Hourglass, Feathers). I'd like there to be SOME surprises on release day!
    Honestly, I probably won’t get to actually listen to it on release day properly. I work midnights and I’ll probably be dead tired unless by some stroke of magic I get a few free minutes.

Also, I prefer not to judge albums by live recordings before the fact. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to any of the singles yet, my plan is to wait for a leak and then decide if it's worth buying after the fact. That's my usual modus operandi these days regarding new music from bands that may or may not still "have it", so to speak.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I haven't listened to any of the singles yet, my plan is to wait for a leak and then decide if it's worth buying after the fact. That's my usual modus operandi these days regarding new music from bands that may or may not still "have it", so to speak.
    We're less than a week for release and there's no leak so prepare to spotify or youtube the bitch.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    We're less than a week for release and there's no leak so prepare to spotify or youtube the bitch.
    Also, this surprises me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Also, I prefer not to judge albums by live recordings before the fact. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I know what you mean, but when I saw them play those two songs back in November, they were both awesome (I didn't only listen to YouTube recordings, I saw them in person). So I can't imagine I'll dislike the studio versions. Either way, the fact remains that I've heard half of the album already.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

The song for those who want it. Starts a little after 5:00. It’s worth listening to Maynard’s little discussion of it though. It. Fucking. Rules.

https://www.theprp.com/2018/04/15/ne...-all-the-fish/

If anyone wants to rip that and send it my way I’d be grateful.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not what I was expecting. Not sure what I was expecting though. Especially with a name like that. Look forward to hearing the full album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Well, I'm snowed in here in MN and thought "aw fuck it," so I listened to it. It's very different/unexpected for APC, but I like it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Really can't get into any of this new stuff. Makes me a little sad cos I was ready for a new record that would blow me away. Still gonna buy it on Friday though and give it a good listen, maybe the record as a whole will grown on me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Like I said, I think this is gonna be a self-indulgent exercise in just writing their thing. I love it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    The song for those who want it. Starts a little after 5:00. It’s worth listening to Maynard’s little discussion of it though. It. Fucking. Rules.

https://www.theprp.com/2018/04/15/ne...-all-the-fish/

If anyone wants to rip that and send it my way I’d be grateful.

Can't do it here at work, but it's insanely easy to record pretty much everything on your computer for free via Audacity.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Can't do it here at work, but it's insanely easy to record pretty much everything on your computer for free via Audacity.
    If my internet comes back up on my PC (storms today) I’ll take care of it myself. Just seeing if any generous souls wanted to help me stream it from my Dropbox.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Really can't get into any of this new stuff. Makes me a little sad cos I was ready for a new record that would blow me away. Still gonna buy it on Friday though and give it a good listen, maybe the record as a whole will grown on me.
    For whatever reason, when I first listened to Mer de Noms, most of it didn't grab me. I went back and gave it a second/third chance and it became one of my favorite albums. Looking back, I have no idea why I didn't love it immediately, but my point is that it's worth giving it some time or coming back later and giving it another shot. I know sometimes it just doesn't ever click, but I hope you grow to like the new music!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For whatever reason, when I first listened to Mer de Noms, most of it didn't grab me. I went back and gave it a second/third chance and it became one of my favorite albums. Looking back, I have no idea why I didn't love it immediately, but my point is that it's worth giving it some time or coming back later and giving it another shot. I know sometimes it just doesn't ever click, but I hope you grow to like the new music!
    Same! I have such a clear memory of it coming out as a senior in high school and I hated it. It may have had something to do with my love for Tool and wanting more Tool music instead. But, after about a couple of listens it grew on me and I can’t imagine what the block was the first time I heard it.

Anyway, excited about the new album. I love The Doomed but not loving the other tracks I’ve heard as much.