Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3227

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’m not sure if this coincidence or not but I had Spongebob Squarepants on the TV while listening to “The Doomed” on the Bluetooth speaker and they match up really well.

The episode where Mr. Krabs makes Spongebob collect all the jellyfish to use for the Krabby Patties. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I’m not sure if this coincidence or not but I had Spongebob Squarepants on the TV while listening to “The Doomed” on the Bluetooth speaker and they match up really well.

The episode where Mr. Krabs makes Spongebob collect all the jellyfish to use for the Krabby Patties. Check it out.

You're not sure if that's a coincidence?

I'm worried about you.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Got myself two birthday presents: skydiving and a ticket to the Chicago show on 11/24. This is definitely the longest gap I've had between seeing a single band..I haven't seen them since they were doing the Thirteenth Step tour 13 years ago.

Don't mind one bit that I'll be in a seat for the show. I'm not a huge guy, I don't want to be standing around pushy-people to get a good view of the band..I'd rather eat two pot cookies and enjoy the shit out of the music. Can't wait. Fingers crossed for 'Passive' on the setlist.
    That's me minus the pot cookies (nothing against them, just not my scene). Hell, I saw Tool from floor seats in 2002 and it was great. I don't need a bunch of sweaty ass people shoving me around in order to enjoy a show. In fact, it kind of pisses me off when that happens.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is probably not new but I didn't know Freese wasn't doing the drum work for them anymore?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    This is probably not new but I didn't know Freese wasn't doing the drum work for them anymore?

Jeff Friedl

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, last show he did was I think a festival in Ohio back in 2011 due to some other obligations with Sublime (or Weezer?) I believe. There wasn’t a whole lot of chatter after that and speculation is that it wasn’t on the best of terms.

Seemed like a touchy subject for both parties due to the silence (and Maynard mentioned something like a former band member felt entitled to re join in an interview). Bummer IMO.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    A new version of Hourglass debuted tonight. The Doomed sounds like the single but heavier in guitar tone. 3 Libras Remix was played and slightly cut short.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    He said in a podcast (I don't remember which one) that he wanted to be able to spend more time with his kids and not be on tour so much. Apparently that caused some friction in the band at the time, but I think he mentioned that they're all okay now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    A new version of Hourglass debuted tonight. The Doomed sounds like the single but heavier in guitar tone. 3 Libras Remix was played and slightly cut short.

How different is Hourglass?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

More minimalist, a lot of the guitar got dialed down. More emphasis on the keyboard and that robotic vocals. And slight new intro.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Recording quality is whatever, but here's "Hourglass":

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    They were selling hoody's at aftershock for $90 US!

that's highway robbery. Shit is normally cheaper down in the US, but $90 for a hoody is obsured.
    Cant wait to see how much they jack up the prices when they come to Canada next month.

they only had 2 t-shirts with them, a grey one and the tour shirt, which had that floating lady over the triangle. I don't care for that image, so hopefully they have more options on their actual headlining shows.

I listened to 2 songs, but then high-tailed my ass over to the NIN stage to secure a 2nd row spot.

guess I can go listen to the doomed now and see what's dividing so many people over this song.

EDIT: Just finished listening to the domed. I personally really enjoyed it. I can see how some people would feel kind of underwhelmed with it though. The lyrics seem kind of muddy and under-produced or rushed together, but the music is awesome. Some of the best I have heard from these guys. Between this and hourglass, I'm really digging this new direction they've gone in. Quite a departure from their older stuff, so I can see how some people would be divided. But I really like it. Good stuff!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-22-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Recording quality is whatever, but here's "Hourglass":

Man that song sounds so amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    They were selling hoody's at aftershock for $90 US!

that's highway robbery. Shit is normally cheaper down in the US, but $90 for a hoody is obsured.
    Cant wait to see how much they jack up the prices when they come to Canada next month.

they only had 2 t-shirts with them, a grey one and the tour shirt, which had that floating lady over the triangle. I don't care for that image, so hopefully they have more options on their actual headlining shows.

I listened to 2 songs, but then high-tailed my ass over to the NIN stage to secure a 2nd row spot.

guess I can go listen to the doomed now and see what's dividing so many people over this song.

EDIT: Just finished listening to the domed. I personally really enjoyed it. I can see how some people would feel kind of underwhelmed with it though. The lyrics seem kind of muddy and under-produced or rushed together, but the music is awesome. Some of the best I have heard from these guys. Between this and hourglass, I'm really digging this new direction they've gone in. Quite a departure from their older stuff, so I can see how some people would be divided. But I really like it. Good stuff!
    Every show I've been to in the past few months never sold a shirt or jacket over $65.00. That is indeed a rip off.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    After a few more listens, "The Doomed" has definitely grown on me. There's a certain vibe to it that has taken hold now. The orchestral flourishes in it are starting to pop more as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Every show I've been to in the past few months never sold a shirt or jacket over $65.00. That is indeed a rip off.
    I’m not a frequent concert-goer but, yeah, over the last 6 years I’ve never encountered concert swag for less than $60-ish.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I’m not a frequent concert-goer but, yeah, over the last 6 years I’ve never encountered concert swag for less than $60-ish.
    I guess I like "no name" bands then haha.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like that this show takes place just one month after I bought the ticket. Usually it's several months and I can't help but peek at a setlist at some point before the show. This time I'm going in blind. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I like that this show takes place just one month after I bought the ticket. Usually it's several months and I can't help but peek at a setlist at some point before the show. This time I'm going in blind. Can't wait.
    I went in blind on the previous round of dates and it was a great feeling. Songs that I never expected to be played were played. Stay away from this thread if I were you.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I must say, The Doomed sound much better live than the studio version even in the cell phone videos.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I went in blind on the previous round of dates and it was a great feeling. Songs that I never expected to be played were played. Stay away from this thread if I were you.
    For sure, I'll be peeking at this threat with caution after tomorrow. I mean.. a band with two albums, a covers album, and a remix album can only play so many songs, so I know generally what will be there. But not knowing openers, closers, surprises, that will be nice.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm finally watching them live this saturday; this is one of the bands i have waited years for a concert, i' so happy!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That scarf is niiiiice. Totally grabbing one of those at the Vancouver show.

Wish they had more than 2 t-shirts and a $90 hoody for sale at Aftershock. Another reason why festivals suck and headlining shows are better.
    Better merch selection!

Except for NIN. NIN had their merch tent at the most recent festivals, so I guess unless you are the headliner of the fest, you don't get many spots for merch.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    360p is disappointing, but downloading for posterity anyway.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    "Hourglass" live is dope! can't wait for the new album! (if it's an album at all...)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lookin' like we'll get an actual album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bil...eve-ever-done/
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 10-30-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Two uk dates! On sale Friday! When I'm on a plane! Ack...
    http://www.kerrang.com/the-news/a-pe...uk-tour-dates/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Two uk dates! On sale Friday! When I'm on a plane! Ack...
    http://www.kerrang.com/the-news/a-pe...uk-tour-dates/
    And there's a actually a proper European tour in the works! I'm guessing more will be added since some of the gaps look suspicious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ^

Ugh, I don't get why my favorite bands always seem to go for the Zitadelle in Berlin. I hate that place.

In 2014 NIN couldn't set up any of their lights and 90% of the show was in broad daylight.