Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also this. Check the APC section. Is this enough to warrant confirmation of an official live APC release?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Also this. Check the APC section. Is this enough to warrant confirmation of an official live APC release?
    If 'forthcoming' by Manson means Born Villain then I don't know. Isn't it taking too long to mix a goddamn live release?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If 'forthcoming' by Manson means Born Villain then I don't know. Isn't it taking too long to mix a goddamn live release?
    Well that tweet I mentioned was less than 24 hours ago, so I'd say it's still viable.

You're right though, it is taking a while. That image of his credits was put on Facebook like a month ago. And it had to have been made before even that, because the Born Villain thing like you said.

It's got an 'A' next to it, so I guess no DVD. Oh well, I'm still happy to hear about it. This means we'll finally have an official "By and Down".
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 08-22-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Doublepostban.

Does anyone know anything about the show/recording that this is taken from? The quality sounds pretty good, and Maynard seems hilariously lit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Lincoln, Nebraska. 12/12/0X (don't remember the specific year). I've posted the link to it before, but it may have been pre-New ETS. Last show before Christmas. Maynard was dressed as Santa, replacing lyrics with Christmas lines (The Pet is fucking hilarious; no spoilers from me). Lots of jokes between songs. If I had it on me, I'd just re-upload it. Won't be home until sometime next year though, so no luck on my end.
    Last edited by theimage13; 09-06-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle? Ashes Divide? Who knows!

​By and Down single release tomorrow please please please.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Sept. 10, 2012, LOS ANGELES - A Perfect Circle will perform one show in 2012: Dec. 29 at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.

Tickets for the special evening are on-sale
    Sept. 15 at 10 am pacific. VIP tickets will be available simultaneously via this link only: http://aperfectcircle.frontgatetickets.com.

A Perfect Circle recently confirmed their participation in the 2013 Soundwave Festival, which kicks off Feb. 23 in Brisbane. The band returned from a six-year hiatus in the Spring of 2011 for a five-week North American tour that included a stop at Lollapalooza.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I know where I'm going this December!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That'd be funny if they played the eMOTIVe setlist again.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Any word on what the VIP Tickets will include?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Any word on what the VIP Tickets will include?
    From http://aperfectcircle.frontgatetickets.com:

APC Sound Check Pass

Most fans are familiar with the concert experience, when the lights are down and the band starts. But have you ever wondered what it's like before the show, with the lights on, the venue empty, and the band rehearsing for the upcoming show? Purchase the APC Sound Check Pass to experience this unique setting that most fans never get a chance see. For the first time EVER, you have the opportunity to be present at this intimate setting while APC rehearses! Fans will receive early access to the venue - which means first shot at a prime General Admission location (if applicable) or, if a reserved seat, the opportunity to get settled in your premium seating location. You'll see the venue preparations for the night's show. You'll see the room fill in anticipation of the show. And most importantly, you will be receiving extremely exclusive and intimate access to the band's sound check. At the sound check you can expect to see the band run through a few tunes in preparation for the night's show. This package is available to fans of any age!

All Sound Check pass holders will receive:
    - 1 single premium location ticket, with advance entry to the venue, prior to doors opening to the general public.
    - Exclusive Access to A PERFECT CIRCLE's sound check
    - Limited Edition APC 2011 Signed Tour Lithograph.
    - Limited Edition APC 2011 Exclusive tour merchandise, available only to sound check pass holders
    - Exclusive APC 2011 tour sound check pass
    - Exclusive, Pre-show access to the Band's merchandise stand before the general public.

Wine Tasting + APC Sound Check

The wine magazines are talking about it. The movie BLOOD INTO WINE tells you about it. Now you can come learn about it first hand, while trying it yourself! Basic concepts of Maynard's wine and processes used by Caduceus and AZ Stronghold will be presented. A Caduceus Vineyards representative will discuss the wine, take questions and you'll be able to personally critique the wine. Class sizes are restricted due to short supply. Please note, this event occurs a few hours before the show. (Tastings will be based on each city's schedule, but typically start at approx. 4 pm.)

Following the wine tasting, patrons also receive access to APC's sound check!
    ALL WINE TASTING PATRONS MUST BE OVER 21 AND HAVE A STATE OR FEDERAL ISSUED ID PRIOR TO ENTERING THE WINE TASTING.

All Wine Tasting/Sound Check pass holders will receive:
    - Access to the Caduceus Vineyards Pre-show Wine Tasting.
    - 1 single premium location ticket, with advance entry to the venue, prior to doors opening to the general public.
    - Exclusive Access to A PERFECT CIRCLE's sound check
    - Limited Edition APC 2011 Signed Tour Lithograph.
    - Limited Edition APC 2011 Exclusive tour merchandise, available only to sound check pass holders
    - Exclusive APC 2011 tour sound check pass
    - Exclusive, Pre-show access to the Band's merchandise stand before the general public.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Oh I get it, this show is just another round of wine promotion and have nothing to do with the new music and shit

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah, I can't believe these cunts. Playing concerts and shit, who the fuck do they think they are?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Keep in mind that they have show(s) in 2013 so this is most likely a warm-up date. You guys crack me up with all the bitching that's going on in here. If you don't like the fact that there is a upcoming APC show then don't go, problem solved.

I personally would love to see them again, regardless of new music or not, because I enjoy their live sets.....

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Oh, also worth noting that that VIP stuff I pasted says 2011, so this show might be different. No way to tell yet, unless anyone knows of another place to find this out.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I can bitch about what I want as along Maynard keeps touring only in NA and Down Under (with either band).
    Europe, mother fucker, will you tour it?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I can bitch about what I want as along Maynard keeps touring only in NA and Down Under (with either band).
    Europe, mother fucker, will you tour it?
    With such nice fans, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah it seems like a warm up show to me, but I too think it's wrong for fillow to come in either this, the Manson, or Tool thread and expect any other type of response. My only beef to something like this is that it's what...2 years now? 2 and a half? that Maynard's heart clearly isn't in it. Glad I saw them in 2010 where it still kiiiiiinda felt like it was...maybe. Now it just feels disingenuous.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    My only beef to something like this is that it's what...2 years now? 2 and a half?
    They played like 30 shows last year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Maynard hasn't given a shit since 96. it only started to show in the performances at the end of the laterals tour

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Umm, I know. Doesn't disprove my point.

Oh, unle$$ you're implying that there'$ no way he'd do it rather than $imply becau$e he ju$t LOVE$ to tourrr!!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Put out a new album and tour it with a little enthusiasm. Or shut up and go home. Unfortunately, given Tool's impending album+touring cycle, neither is likely to happen.
    Mixing up the wine thing with APC is just pissing all over the fans.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Put out a new album and tour it with a little enthusiasm. Or shut up and go home. Unfortunately, given Tool's impending album+touring cycle, neither is likely to happen.
    Mixing up the wine thing with APC is just pissing all over the fans.
    If a fan buys a ticket, they're not getting pissed on - unless they've made the adult decision that they're getting pissed on and do it anyway.

If a fan doesn't buy a ticket, no harm done.

If enough fans don't buy tickets, no more shows.

Can someone please explain to me what the problem is?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    With Puscifer, there was a connection with Caduceus, albeit a primarily financially-driven one: the Blood into Wine soundtrack was mostly Puscifer songs. I don't begrudge Maynard for mixing those two things together. Both the Puscifer and Caduceus fanbases are largely constituted by Maynard/Tool obsessives. I know those kind of people because I am one of them...but I won't buy the wine. Or a soundtrack full of songs I already own.

What the hell does Maynard's wine have to do with APC? It's a horrible dilution and cheapening of the APC brand. It's like he's only taking APC on the road if he can set up a little booth at the side to sell his wine...it's classless, and he'd never get away with it in Tool, the other guys'd tell him to go fuck himself.

And asking people to pay for a fucking soundcheck is horrible. I've had to stand through hundreds of soundchecks in my life, comes with working in the music industry. I will never get that time back. The idea of paying to see a soundcheck strikes me as an all-time music industry low. It's preying on some fans' eagerness to have exclusive insight, or a closer relationship with the band. It's taking advantage of the very kind of personality cult Maynard spent the first 15 years of his career ranting against. I accept he's changed his tune on that front with Puscifer and Caduceus, and now markets himself as a personality. But does APC need to be turned into the Maynard Inc. show too?
    Last edited by aggroculture; 09-11-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    With Puscifer, there was a connection with Caduceus, albeit a primarily financially-driven one: the Blood into Wine soundtrack was mostly Puscifer songs. I don't begrudge Maynard for mixing those two things together. Both the Puscifer and Caduceus fanbases are largely constituted by Maynard/Tool obsessives. I know those kind of people because I am one of them...but I won't buy the wine. Or a soundtrack full of songs I already own.

What the hell does Maynard's wine have to do with APC? It's a horrible dilution and cheapening of the APC brand. It's like he's only taking APC on the road if he can set up a little booth at the side to sell his wine...it's classless, and he'd never get away with it in Tool, the other guys'd tell him to go fuck himself.

And asking people to pay for a fucking soundcheck is horrible. I've had to stand through hundreds of soundchecks in my life, comes with working in the music industry. I will never get that time back. The idea of paying to see a soundcheck strikes me as an all-time music industry low. It's preying on some fans' eagerness to have exclusive insight, or a closer relationship with the band. It's taking advantage of the very kind of personality cult Maynard spent the first 15 years of his career ranting against. I accept he's changed his tune on that front with Puscifer and Caduceus, and now markets himself as a personality. But does APC need to be turned into the Maynard Inc. show too?
    I'm fairly sure that these shows are essentially financing everything Billy and Maynard are doing, respectively. I'm not sure that Ashes Divide gets label funding, but the last Puscifer album was fully funded by Maynard. A Perfect Circle has no label behind them to finance any release--should they choose to have one.

I'm thinking Tool was doing something similar, funds-wise, from their brief touring earlier this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah, I can't believe these cunts. Playing concerts and shit, who the fuck do they think they are?
    Quoted because I don't think the message sank in the first time everyone read it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Damn. Forgot tickets went on sale yesterday. Now I'm going to be stuck in the back.

jaimie Guest
    Did you buy already? If I were you I would wait, I am sure you'll be able to find somebody unloading decent seats as it gets closer. There were still orchestra seats as of today...

Either way glad you're coming, should be a fun weekend!
    Last edited by jaimie; 09-16-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    going to this for sure.

thats gonna be a busy month.

Refused, A Place to Bury Strangers, APC.

yeesh.