Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Canadian Music Thread

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Needs more RUSH...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    random question to throw out there... not sure if anyone knows more about it. I'd heard that there were government incentives to promote Canadian musicians, and that radio-play of Canadian artists is actually required within a certain quota? Since I'm half-Canadian, anyone know if there's any ways to take advantage of those avenues, or knows just anything more about how it works?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

(sorry, y'all...but i HAD to.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    random question to throw out there... not sure if anyone knows more about it. I'd heard that there were government incentives to promote Canadian musicians, and that radio-play of Canadian artists is actually required within a certain quota? Since I'm half-Canadian, anyone know if there's any ways to take advantage of those avenues, or knows just anything more about how it works?
    there IS a quota of sorts, cannot recall the term. no idea how it works, but i am betting most canadian radio stations would have a blurb on their site regarding it. it falls under crtc, yes? oh. yes. lol http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/home-accueil.htm sorry, jinsai, but i did not look on this site, only found and included the link. should be something within there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah I was sad to read that this morning. The Hip is, to me, one of the most consistent and reliable bands in Canadian rock music, it's such a shame to see them go out this way after thirty fucking years.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    leonard cohen and gordon lightfoot are excellent folk musicians.

suuuuuuuuuunnnnnndooooooooown you better take care...

edit: upon looking at the old ass first page...FLA is from canada???????? shows what i know.
    Last edited by ldopa; 05-25-2016 at 03:55 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yasssss! I was just listening to his Live in Dublin album from a couple years back. His last decade of stuff has been fucking solid.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    RIP Gord Downie. Thanks for the memories.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    the blu-ray of the final tragically hip concert that came out today is unreal great. maybe 1 of the better concert vids i've ever seen. extremely emotional & powerful. the surround mix is excellent & the band is on fire. i saw the hip a lot in the early days, since we get some canadian stuff in seattle. club shows. also saw them destroy jimmy page & robert plant as an opening act. i'm so glad that gord downie got to go out like this as a performer. criminally underrated band. check out if you get the chance.