Page 263 of 263 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263
Results 7,861 to 7,885 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Fixed again. Hopefully for good this time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was going for "stupid" but the second one certainly fits in here.

So, twitter. My work has an official twitter account so the site isn't blocked via the filters that are in place to keep us worker bees humming. That said, the filter apparently only works for "twitter.com" and not "x.com" so I can see tweets but just the words. Anything else is blocked. Pictures, videos, user icons. It's great for me because I was able to give the site up whole-hog.

the other one also concerns the filter. maybe you've heard about the great adblock fight that Google's having with Youtube and everyone else? Well they consider the filter we use as part of that so I cannot watch any youtube. Which, yeah, but also a lot of training is on there that I was watching to learn how to do things like Power Bi, Visio, and Project. Now I have to watch 240p or it stutters like I'm watching dialup, which, at 240p, I might as well be.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @henryeatscereal @ickyvicky @chuckrh thank y'all.

My brother messaged me this morning. He said "Tyler, you're saying Justin was ALMOST family. But that's not true. We actually lost our little brother."

And it's like, yeah. SO many people are gone.

But this one is just too much. It's...yeah. I think my brother is right.

HE'S so fucked up from it, he's now saying "I don't HAVE any more friends, and I'm not MAKING anymore, because they just die."

I know everybody dies. @Erneuert , @Wolfkiller and co, I've been listening to Everyone I Love is Dead and Everything Dies quite a bit. I'm fucking TIRED of playing those songs in someone's honor, though.

I KNOW everyone dies, but NOT at 25 and 35 and 40. My people really, REALLY are, pretty much ALL gone, now.
    This was number 24 on my list (I keep an actual list) of people i've loved/called close friends, who died young.
    And I guess it's KIND of my fault. I mean, shit...I was addicted to fentanyl for YEARS, WAY before it was on the news and whatnot....it started around '03 and ended around, well...2019? How's THAT for a confession?
    I guess it's the company I've kept...you know...people attuned to my own lunacy, of drugs and shoplifting and playing rock music and doing whatever was crazy.
    There's like ONE normal car crash, and ONE cancer, but ALL the rest are overdoses, suicides, or crazy shit like street racing in convertible.
    We all had some kind of deep PAIN, though, in retrospect: this one had a secret sexuality confusion, that one was an orphan, the other was abused...that sort of thing.

At ANY rate, As a great man once said, "I'd give anything to wake up from this motherfucking dream."-Rhett Miller, OLD 97S, Nashville.

In FACT, while I'm at it...y'all check this one out...it MIGHT just turn you on to my other favorite band. I don't even know how to begin to explain them, but I've seen them around 100 times, and they were the band in the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special. Oh, and also, they fucking kick ass.

Anyway...here's the thing

But, yeah. I quit, temporarily. I don't know what day it is.
    I thought about cutting my hair off as a sign of mourning, but I've got a better idea: it's gonna be a lean ass Christmas for us (just like a LOT of us), so I know what I'm getting is a little money for a couple shirts and pants.
    I'm scheming on trying to get all-black costumes, and perhaps dying my hair black, and only wearing all black everything for a couple months.
    Hey man, sorry to hear about your friend. I don't get on here much these days but I meant to tell you thanks for posting that From The River song. It's a banger and I've been playing it often. Take care, keep moving forward brother.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok, so I vented a bit much, here, so here's the condensed version (although it's still pretty long).

We live in our old family estate house with my mom. We pay a few hundred in rent, we buy ALL of the food, and we do, pretty much, LITERALLY EVERYTHING for her. And my wife regularly buys things for the house (cool new shower head, outdoor motion lights, air fryer, etc).

Bur she thinks my wife's job is a Cartoon Job or something, because my wife works from home, and that her hours can randomly bend to HER whims and needs. She acts like the thousands of dollars we provide in food (that she LEGALLY shouldn't be EATING) is Monopoly money.

She scoffs at the cash money Mrs Elevenism gives her every month. It's not as if she NEEDS rent money: this house is paid for.

We're basically "the help."
    And I'm in far worse health than SHE is, at this point.

Yet, she insinuates she DOESN'T NEED us here, even though we quite literally handle all affairs to the point that she ONLY leaves the house, once a month, to go to an appointment to get a narcotic.
    Furthermore, we've tried to move out TWICE, but she cried and begged and talked us into staying.

Worst of all, she fucks with us to the point that it seems like it's a GAME to her or something: goes on and on about how "lucky" we are to be here, creates contradictory rules, and starts nonsensical arguments on a regular basis.

It's MADDENING to have someone cry and beg and tell you they can't live without your help when you try to LEAVE, and THEN, constantly insinuate that you are of little worth, expect you to be at their beck and call 24/7, regularly suggesting that they are doing YOU some huge favor by "letting you live there," and just generally fucking with you, while you're trapped, through emotional manipulation, in a tiny (under 2k people) farming community.

Strangely, like 1/2 the time, she's the sweetest person in the world. You just never know which version you'll get.
    Today was extra fucked up, as it was my wife's birthday, so, HEY! She was EXCEPTIONALLY cruel. Happy birthday!

It just fucking blows.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-08-2023 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @elevenism I have one word for you, my friend: leave. You and Mrs elevenism, find a little, quiet place for yourselves, pack up your things and leave.

I'm all for taking care of our elderly. That's what I'm doing right now with my mom, and it's not easy. I see it as a duty. However, everything has its limits.

Your mom sounds like a toxic person and neither you or your wife need that right now. You both have a lot to deal with already; you don't need narcissist mom on top of it. Always remember: in order to be able to take care of others, you first need to learn to take care of yourself. I'm thinking your health would get better if you were to put some distance between you and mom.

Best of luck to you and all the love to you and your missus.

As for what pisses me of: all those holiday songs in all the stores. I want to break something.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @marodi , @allegro has been telling us to leave for YEARS. And, yes, my mom is a VERY toxic person.
    Unfortunately, we can't leave right NOW: we'd have to save up enough money (again). I'm also beholden to this county for god knows HOW long- I'm still waiting on a first court date for the DWI I got 8 months ago...hell, I'm still waiting to hear what my BAC was! And then they'll likely put me on some YEARS of probation, when the hammer finally falls.

As far as the toxicity, one of the STRANGEST games she plays is talking shit about my wife to ME, to hurt ME, but mostly being exceptionally sweet to my wife herself.

She also calls us on the phone from inside the house, constantly...I'm talking 8-10 times a day, (it's a big house, but DAMN), with NO regard for whether we're asleep or, anything, really.

My wife has taken to like, completely avoiding her, if at all possible

Edit: thanks, @Wolfkiller . And hell yes: From the River. It IS a banger, and the song along with the vid are ALSO a good, concise history lesson. I'm also not here, much, anymore, but it's due to social isolation, and I'm scheming on coming back. I hope you're well, brother.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-08-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but, twas in this very thread that I learned "biased" was going the way of "prejudiced."

Well, I just saw a YouTube clip of a fucking REPORTER saying "bias" instead of "biased," and I mean, fucking CLEARLY.

It was like "but the opposition says...THOSE people are JUST BIAS. Back to you, Tom."

It literally fucking blows goats (literally now means figuratively, of course), but I guess language lives and breathes. I mean, I certainly don't want to be, you know, prejudice, or bias.

I'm honestly REALLY surprised the definition of prejudice hasn't already been changed.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Pro Tools. Look, I know it's an editing beast, but it's got so many bullshit hotkeys and unintuitive functions grandfathered into it at this point, that none of it really makes sense. The whole layout is batshit and unnecessarily convoluted, but I get it - they can't change it because everyone is used to the shitty way it is.

It's a sterile production environment that feels clinical, and going through a mix feels like I'm working with my feet. I used to know the software better when I was in studios more pre-Covid, but I guess I got rusty, because it's like learning it all over again, and I guess I have to, but ugggggggh... I prefer Logic, Cubase, Performer... I write in Ableton, Renoise, and Reason and I'm moving towards doing final mixes in Logic, but nooooo... I have to also know PT.

I'm really hoping I just warm up to this. I eventually became ambivalent before, but this is such a slog, and unlike practically every other musical discipline, this does not come back like riding a bike.

Oh yeah, and fuck their overpriced subscription-based price. Logic, you buy it once for what, 200 bucks? Then you get free updates and whatever. Pro Tools, for the basic usable version, requires a year subscription at 300 bucks. Now I'm running into playback issues... the song is crashing/stalling at the exact same spot in the timeline, and I can't figure out why. I'm not pushing the processor too hard here.

/rant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Pro Tools. Look, I know it's an editing beast, but it's got so many bullshit hotkeys and unintuitive functions grandfathered into it at this point, that none of it really makes sense. The whole layout is batshit and unnecessarily convoluted, but I get it - they can't change it because everyone is used to the shitty way it is.

It's a sterile production environment that feels clinical, and going through a mix feels like I'm working with my feet. I used to know the software better when I was in studios more pre-Covid, but I guess I got rusty, because it's like learning it all over again, and I guess I have to, but ugggggggh... I prefer Logic, Cubase, Performer... I write in Ableton, Renoise, and Reason and I'm moving towards doing final mixes in Logic, but nooooo... I have to also know PT.

I'm really hoping I just warm up to this. I eventually became ambivalent before, but this is such a slog, and unlike practically every other musical discipline, this does not come back like riding a bike.

Oh yeah, and fuck their overpriced subscription-based price. Logic, you buy it once for what, 200 bucks? Then you get free updates and whatever. Pro Tools, for the basic usable version, requires a year subscription at 300 bucks. Now I'm running into playback issues... the song is crashing/stalling at the exact same spot in the timeline, and I can't figure out why. I'm not pushing the processor too hard here.

/rant

Haha, I get you. I work as a post sound engineer and love Pro Tools for editing (interoperability is key) and straight up mixing (also for music), but use Logic to compose anything. PT is too bland and uninspiring for that, always feels like working a day job whatever I do.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benoïde View Post
    Haha, I get you. I work as a post sound engineer and love Pro Tools for editing (interoperability is key) and straight up mixing (also for music), but use Logic to compose anything. PT is too bland and uninspiring for that, always feels like working a day job whatever I do.
    Yeah, I'm doing ambiance and foley for an indie movie, and I know PT is where it's at for that, and back around six years ago I had it all down. It's weird though, spotting and doing sound for film in PT is great, but mixing music feels... yeah, sterile and uncreative by comparison to the competition to me

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    People that use "of" instead of "have".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Looking for apartments. When did an administration fee become a thing? Im already paying to apply. Granted it’s been a minute since I’ve had to rent a spot the standard way but jfc.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My dog got sprayed by a skunk last night when I let her out to pee one last time before bed. It was out behind my parents house where we're visiting for the week. Amazingly, washing her with a concoction of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap seems to have gotten all the smell off of her. The house still doesn't smell great, but it's a lot better than it smelled last night. Annoyingly though, I think the skunk lives somewhere under the condo complex, possibly even under my parents' back porch.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I had a dog that was sprayed by a skunk and smelled bad for about 6 months. He had thick hair though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Do you think we'll ever get to a point where these people will be considered mentally ill? I mean by the general public and not just people sick of seeing this bullshit?

Boyzone’s Shane Lynch accuses Taylor Swift of performing demonic rituals at concerts

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    People so stuck in the 1990s that the nostalgia physically hurts them and they are so scared to try newer things....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The ship on The Love Boat was not a "boat," it was a ship. The show should have been called The Love Ship.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    On the doorstep of a colonoscopy here after a super fun night of prep. It’s been a whirlwind of checking health stuff over the last two and a half months. I’m so tired of having to think like I do and thinking about this stuff because my life is now pretty good otherwise! I got a better position at the company I’ve worked for for almost 14 years. I’m getting married in October. But since I had cancer when I was a kid and it killed two of my best friends in their mid 40s and your dude is turning 45 in 2.5 weeks, I’m hyper aware/vigilant of feeling poorly. And I’m not being a hypochondriac…I have permanent problems because I had cancer. It’s just that my anxiety makes everything bigger. But if I don’t thoroughly get checked out and spend time trying to figure out what’s going on, THAT’S when whatever will get me.

Please excuse the rambling and I hope there’s sense here somewhere. Needed to vent. Love you guys.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    On the doorstep of a colonoscopy here after a super fun night of prep. It’s been a whirlwind of checking health stuff over the last two and a half months. I’m so tired of having to think like I do and thinking about this stuff because my life is now pretty good otherwise! I got a better position at the company I’ve worked for for almost 14 years. I’m getting married in October. But since I had cancer when I was a kid and it killed two of my best friends in their mid 40s and your dude is turning 45 in 2.5 weeks, I’m hyper aware/vigilant of feeling poorly. And I’m not being a hypochondriac…I have permanent problems because I had cancer. It’s just that my anxiety makes everything bigger. But if I don’t thoroughly get checked out and spend time trying to figure out what’s going on, THAT’S when whatever will get me.

Please excuse the rambling and I hope there’s sense here somewhere. Needed to vent. Love you guys.
    What’s been going on? Symptom-wise?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Actually it's a big thing pissing me off. Cancer. A few months ago I was diagnosed with pre-cancerous growths in my stomach. Not the end of the world but not pleasant. Last Friday I went to my primary care for a check-up. He found I have skin cancer. I don't know what kind yet. I'm going to a dermatologist today & going in for a scan tomorrow. This is on top of my losing war with rheumatoid arthritis. Life pretty much sucks right now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Actually it's a big thing pissing me off.
    Definitely a thing to be pissed at.... empathy over it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m sorry @chuckrh . I hope it was caught quickly. My mom has RA so I’m aware of how fucking gnarly it is.

As for me, I’m good today as of now. Awake and about to eat. My fiance is the best.

A couple weeks ago I ended up in the ER and they found colitis. I’d been feeling awful before; I think I got something from a place I ate a few days before. I did a food sensitivity thing the other day (I’ve had food sensitivity before) and the results came back while I was under. They’re completely different than when I last did it like 8 years ago but much better results overall than last time. Seems like that coupled with the bad food I got were the culprits here. But the colitis is gone now! Seems like I was eating too much chicken as well as almonds.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Lots of hugs @chuckrh You're strong

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Lots of hugs @chuckrh You're strong
    Thanks. Did first round of treatments last week. It's going to be a long haul. Turns out some of the RA drugs I've tried may have something to do with the skin cancer. Rheumatologist is getting with the dermatologist about it. I had a scan for other cancers Friday but no results yet. I'm so tired.....

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Thanks. Did first round of treatments last week. It's going to be a long haul. Turns out some of the RA drugs I've tried may have something to do with the skin cancer. Rheumatologist is getting with the dermatologist about it. I had a scan for other cancers Friday but no results yet. I'm so tired.....
    Hugs, love and healing vibes for you, my friend. Take good care of yourself, one day at a time.

As for what is pissing me off today: everything. I'm in a killing mood. Good thing I'd stayed home. Thanks, menopause.