Page 191 of 263 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My boss keeps saying "Matt Lowery" instead of Matt Lauer, despite READING AND HEARING his name in articles and videos as we speak. FFS DUDE, IT ISN' LAUERY.

Also it's 10:30 and we're still sitting here not doing our building inspections. My boss is the laziest most entitled piece of shit I know. I'm trying to leave an hour early today, gotta inspect two buildings, and he wants to just...sit. I'll DO it myself, but fuck. He wastes so much time. I'd rather do it alone than wait for you to "gather the motivation" to do the thing I WOKE UP AND CAME TO WORK to do.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-30-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    What did you do/say?
    I just tried to be polite and friendly about the whole thing. I'm not big on confrontations, so I just apologized and smiled and stepped out of line. Then, as he passed me by, I whispered an ancient hex under my breath.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    My boss keeps saying "Matt Lowery" instead of Matt Lauer, despite currently READING AND HEARING his name in articles and videos as we speak. FFS DUDE, IT ISNT LAUERY
    Oh hey, I just realized I do this. I never thought about before, but yeah, that's how I pronounce it. Fuck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    sleepwalking has cost me two pairs of contacts, a nintendo 3ds (i split it in two), and rug burn on my face. enough!
    Oh wow! I used to sleepwalk as a child but never did anything destructive, mostly things like getting dressed for school at 11 PM. Mine resolved in adulthood but I still frequently talk in my sleep.

Tiny restaurant salads without any meat or fish that cost $14 that taste delicious but don’t put a dent in my hunger (last night’s dinner haha).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Black Friday was six days ago.
    Cyber Monday was three days ago.

My laptop died today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ouch. Our dishwasher died Sunday and my wife was pissed because she was looking at them for Black Friday and thought, "nah, ours is working great!"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I just tried to be polite and friendly about the whole thing. I'm not big on confrontations, so I just apologized and smiled and stepped out of line. Then, as he passed me by, I whispered an ancient hex under my breath.
    You should have been like, WWFD? What would Frank (Sinatra) do? He wouldn't have been so polite.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hate arrogant people who are full of themselves.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Self-loathing really brings me down. It's not a good look on anyone.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When public transit goes wrong. Anybody that's dealt with it pretty much knows it, and I've gone on about it before, but yes. It almost never gets old. As of now though, I actually dread it more than get frustrated at it this time around. Especially when service gets cancelled out of the blue.

But you also know how bad it is when it happens, and you're late even when you actually made an effort to take whatever buses and/or trains you need to board extra early. The crowds are also at their worst in addition to that type hectic traffic as well.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    You should have been like, WWFD? What would Frank (Sinatra) do? He wouldn't have been so polite.
    Hmm, yeah, I guess I could have started singing Summerwind to him.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pretty much everything related to dealing with people at the moment. Feels bad man. I'm stretched too thin, i spend too much face time with people, on about shit. Just fuck off already and leave me be. I promise i care about people and am fairly empathetic but I'm running on empty here and am about to lose my shit over something, im sure, that will be trivial and benign.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Could we just skip winter this year? Just skip the whole thing altogether? I really need a year off. I don't think this is an unreasonable thing to ask for.

I like in Game of Thrones how they don't have winter every single year. The first time I learned about that I was like "Oh nice. We should do that."

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    My gf insists I quit smoking. Today has been day one. Oh my god

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My gf insists I quit smoking. Today has been day one. Oh my god
    i insist, too. good luck.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Not only did my boss throw away my jacket while we were trashing out an evicted apartment (I took it off because I was sweating my ass off), but he wanted to spend 2 hours today watching videos of girls' assholes farting before we did our last building for inspections, and then this mother fucker's like "Alright we'll do inspections and then get you out early this afternoon so you can start your vacation, man."

FUCK. YOU. We could have done everything before lunch. I could have done it ALL myself and not have to come back for the last half of the day. But you wanted to fuck around. So "leaving early" amounted to a whole hour early. Grand, thank you. I'm so happy a 38 year old man HAD SO MUCH FUCKING FUN WATCHING FART VIDEOS AT WORK LIKE A GODDAMN ADULT. If he didn't suck his own dick so much I wouldn't even care but he thinks he's the hottest shit in the world and nothing is his fault - The IRS is after him for nothing (he didn't pay his taxes for almost 10 years and owes about $5,000?), he didn't have any money for Christmas for his kids (he accidentally was given two bonuses last Christmas and spent them both on himself before the company caught their mistake and took the second bonus he got out of his paycheck. Still blames the company for still being broke), and he seems to think anything with a vagina just can't contain themselves around him (he's actually hella creepy and constantly, openly makes rape jokes and says creepy shit about college-age girls).

I have had it. To fucking. Here. With this twat.

tl;dr - I can't wait to get out of here. 8 months. 8 more excruciating months.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Mr. Wise Janitor...I've been noticing this recurring theme in your posts revolving around your horrific boss. It sounds really terrible.

Can't you just quit?

And what's the deal with 8 months? Why the wait?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    No, goddammit Facebook, I do not want to see what my 2017 looked like. It had two deaths of loved ones, lost hope, disappointment, crippling anxiety and depression, as well as disrespect on both personal and professional levels. And that was just pertaining to me. It also monumentally sucked for just about everyone I know. Also, there’s this orange diaper baby ruining the country and working on the world; literally when you look at his awful environmental “policies.”

I’d like to erase this fucking year or at the very least, stop thinking about it.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-08-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Damn Swykk. That sucks. I hope things start looking up for you next year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mr. Wise Janitor...I've been noticing this recurring theme in your posts revolving around your horrific boss. It sounds really terrible.

Can't you just quit?

And what's the deal with 8 months? Why the wait?
    Mainly because I'm not going to gum up my plans of moving in August by quitting and starting a new job for that short period of time. The pay is fine and the work isn't inherently bad. But holy shit. This human being. For 8 hours a day 5 days a week? That's the hardest part, haaands down. He directly keeps me from doing the work we need to do and has (until lately) always forced himself into my plans. Wanna get away and do work orders because I work faster without? "Oh dude I wanna come." Wanna do building inspections first thing at the time WE POSTED FOR? "Nah, I don't feel like it, I'd rather we wait until after lunch." Wanna drain the pool because it's DECEMBER and we need to shut that shit down? "I don't feel like it, maybe next week."

My supervisor is the single biggest detriment to anything getting done. He's going on vacation from the 14th-27th, and I couldn't be more excited for him to be gone. He says he feels sorry that he's taking two whole weeks off, but he's actually gonna be doing me a huge favor for my sanity, and I intend to use the time he's gone to iron out all the kinks and all the work he's put off doing. It's the only way to do it, because when I take days off (such as today and yesterday), he does next to nothing. And he tells me this. He has no problem telling me "yeeeeah, I basically did nothing." If it's his weekend to check the property for trash (which it is), he just won't come in, so when we come back on Monday there's a literal mountain of trash for us to deal with and he'll just be totally cool with it because he's the boss and no one holds him accountable.

How am I supposed to expect anything to get done with someone in that position who acts the way he does?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-08-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Mainly because I'm not going to gum up my plans of moving in August by quitting and starting a new job for that short period of time. The pay is fine and the work isn't inherently bad. But holy shit. This human being. For 8 hours a day 5 days a week? That's the hardest part, haaands down. He directly keeps me from doing the work we need to do and has (until lately) always forced himself into my plans. Wanna get away and do work orders because I work faster without? "Oh dude I wanna come." Wanna do building inspections first thing at the time WE POSTED FOR? "Nah, I don't feel like it, I'd rather we wait until after lunch." Wanna drain the pool because it's DECEMBER and we need to shut that shit down? "I don't feel like it, maybe next week."

My supervisor is the single biggest detriment to anything getting done. He's going on vacation from the 14th-27th, and I couldn't be more excited for him to be gone. He says he feels sorry that he's taking two whole weeks off, but he's actually gonna be doing me a huge favor for my sanity, and I intend to use the time he's gone to iron out all the kinks and all the work he's put off doing. It's the only way to do it, because when I take days off (such as today and yesterday), he does next to nothing. And he tells me this. He has no problem telling me "yeeeeah, I basically did nothing." If it's his weekend to check the property for trash (which it is), he just won't come in, so when we come back on Monday there's a literal mountain of trash for us to deal with and he'll just be totally cool with it because he's the boss and no one holds him accountable.

How am I supposed to expect anything to get done with someone in that position who acts the way he does?
    Wow, he sounds pretty bad.

I have to say though, I started busting up laughing at "Yeeeaaah, I basically did nothing." Think I might try that one on my boss today. "Sorry boss. Just didn't feel like doing much."

I've often said that it's not only what you do for your job, but who you work for that can make all the difference. You could have a great job where you love the work itself, but it doesn't mean shit if you're stuck working under an asshole. Shitty bosses will ruin everything.

Hang in there man!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Wow, he sounds pretty bad.

I have to say though, I started busting up laughing at "Yeeeaaah, I basically did nothing." Think I might try that one on my boss today. "Sorry boss. Just didn't feel like doing much."

I've often said that it's not only what you do for your job, but who you work for that can make all the difference. You could have a great job where you love the work itself, but it doesn't mean shit if you're stuck working under an asshole. Shitty bosses will ruin everything.

Hang in there man!
    Haha, thanks! Hopefully that works out for ya. ;p Like I said, keeping my eyes on moving in August (either to somewhere in Colorado or Kansas City area) is what's keeping me going right now, so hopefully I can manage with keeping my cool and just ranting here from time to time, heh. And don't get me wrong, I'm aaall for chilling and doing nothing on the clock, and I'll admittedly have a day or two where I probably bring a book or my 3DS and kill time, but absolutely not when we have a mountain of work and an extremely limited timeframe to do it. Work first, then all the playtime in the world. That's how you manage time, not by saying "I'll do it later and waste time now." I can't use PTO to leave early when we do nothing for 4 hours, work for 2, then nothing for another 2 (and I have 52 hours of PTO to use that won't rollover into the new year, so time is kind of a factor there).

My list of things to do when he leaves for vacation is currently at 32 items, so at the very least I'll go into the new year with a relatively clean slate for the property and maybe we won't have residents bitching about "us" for dragging "our" feet. WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE, SUPERVISOR?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    people in their late 20's and early 30's saying shit like "i'm so old." and buzzfeed articles about "90's kids" involving various nickelodeon products. shut up and instagram your dinner like the vacant, entitled windbags you are.
    Last edited by kel; 12-08-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    people in their late 20's and early 30's saying shit like "i'm so old." and buzzfeed articles about "90's kids" involving various nickelodeon products. shut up and instagram your dinner like the vacant, entitled windbags you are.
    Oh, I'm with you on that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hey, i love nickelodeon stuff! why is that a problem? we live in an age of nostalgia

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Eh, I'm really not on board with the aging thing and we get so much societal pressure to achieve shit in our twenties. Aging out of being a "young person" definitely fucks with me and I'm just trying to slow down time (unfortunately I've looked 35 since being 16 (shoutout to my giant forehead) so people can't really tell that it's actually going well).

Also man, I've done pretty okay with the Plan B part of my life. I have a good job and I don't even live with a roommate anymore, which for a 28 year old in NYC is pretty fucking great, but all that artistic shit is supposed to happen when you're young and hot and I think I've got another 3 years at minimum before I get anywhere with that.

Also I spent so much of my teens (homeschooled, virginal) and twenties (busy working and very socially awkward) not doing the fun, wild, party shit and now I do get up to that sometimes but I feel like I'm rapidly aging out of it due to the number on my I.D. :/
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-09-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

(wrong thread)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hey, i love nickelodeon stuff! why is that a problem? we live in an age of nostalgia
    yeah, you're right. bitter old lady brigade, party of one.

the irony isn't lost on me, a 37-year-old.
    Last edited by kel; 12-14-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Frustrated at how work keeps leaking into my time off. I know that this is partially poor time management, but part of it is just kind of the nature of the work I do. Really hoping to find a way around this next quarter. :/

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Goddamnit, ANOTHER dear friend dead.
    We had JUST reconnected (like two weeks ago, after about three years of not being able to find each other.)
    ALso, what's extremely frustrating is that one of his family members went out of his way to claim it WASN'T drug related, but no one will say what DID happen. So I'm thinking, ok, in a couple of hundred social media condolences, if my friend DIDN'T od, wouldn't SOMEBODY say "he was too young for a heart attack" or "goddamn that wreck was awful" or some shit like that?

And I'm asking for a PM but I don't think I'm gonna get one because I'm just a junkie to his family.

He struggled with addiction, as do i, but he was definitely a great person and a great friend. He had four young children and recently told me he had been clean for three years.

Goddamnit. Just fucking goddamnit. I guess it's "buy the ticket, take the ride" when you run in drug addled circles, but i STILL feel like I've lost a fucking absurd number of brothers and sisters.

It keeps beating me down and breaking my heart.