Page 195 of 263 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I feel your pain (i hope there isn't much actual pain) i chipped my tooth last year sneezing, a concept so silly even my dentist found it funny EVERY TIME I WENT THERE FOR TREATMENT.
    Wheeeeee. I chipped a tooth biting my nails once. Lesson learned. Then the "filling"/bonding got knocked out during a deep cleaning. Then the replacement got knocked out when I was eating like, fucking toast. Third time around seems to be staying, thank god.

In other news, yeah, just confirmed strep. Thanks, brain.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wow, that sounds like a...right kick in the teeth.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm sorry if I've already mentioned this, but dear god, if I hear Donald Trump say "fake news" in that stupid fucking voice of his ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to lose my mind.
    "Fake" is such a childish fucking word in this context.
    Saying something you don't agree with is "fake" sounds so idiotic to me. It's so ridiculously dismissive, and this piece of shit basically says that anything that doesn't kiss his ass is "fake." FAKE. It's like something a goddamn nine year old would come up with.
    I just, AHHHHHHH I can't fucking take it anymore.

Last year he said that "all negative polls are fake."
    I can seriously feel my blood pressure rise after typing that
    last sentence. Also, that legitimately might be the most mind numbingly stupid thing I've ever heard anyone say.

Can we PLEASE just compromise and have George W. Bush back? This cocksucker makes W look like John Kennedy.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    "Stylee."
    As in "wow man, those shoes are stylee."
    one of the Olympic broadcasters said it over and over.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is some straight up first world problems bullshit, but it annoys me that literally no one I know will go to St Louis with me to see U2. Like, I get it, everyone fucking hates U2, but like can't at least one of my friends be like "you know what man, they're your favorite band so yeah I'll get down on a U2 show with you". But nah, literally everyone chuckles and then says how they couldn't be damned to sit through 2 hours of it.

Come on, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The squiggly niggles on the back of my brain.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What I can only call "willful ignorance". That's the real danger.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    This is some straight up first world problems bullshit, but it annoys me that literally no one I know will go to St Louis with me to see U2. Like, I get it, everyone fucking hates U2, but like can't at least one of my friends be like "you know what man, they're your favorite band so yeah I'll get down on a U2 show with you". But nah, literally everyone chuckles and then says how they couldn't be damned to sit through 2 hours of it.

Come on, man.
    I'm down

" talk without speaking, cry without weeping, scream without raising your voice! " and so forth.

Man I'd fucking love to see U2. I doubt I can make it to Missouri though.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-02-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok so you guys remember how my cousin tried to beat me to death a few years ago?

Well someone BARELY tapped on the door yesterday and then left really fast when he heard my bulldog go batshit crazy, like, left before I could answer the door.

I looked back at the security footage and IT WAS HIM. This motherfucker lives in Kansas now and I haven't heard from him since that shit happened. We have a restraining order against him.

I would LIKE to think he wanted to kiss and make up and lost his nerve, but what I think is more likely is that he was checking to see if anyone was here before breaking in. And he MIGHT be scheming on something even worse.

I'm really scared now.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well so I have my old original retail cd copy of Max Payne for PC. Each time i have the desire to play it i basically have a brand new computer or operating system and every single time without fail there's a new set of problems to diagnose in order to get the game running.

If it wasn't for the fan community coming up with patches or fixes this thing would not work at all. You want to know where it DOES work? it works if you buy a digital copy for PS4, it works on iOS and Android because Rockstar or whoever patches it when new OS versions come out.

They go out of their way to patch the mobile version but can't give us on the PC platform the same treatment? WHAT THE HELL GIVES?! Needless to say i sent them an email to their mouth off address lol

I can do the leg work if i have to but i shouldn't have to, it shouldn't be so cumbersome to get games like this playing on modern PC hardware and the fact that they still support the other platforms over the one i vastly prefer just drives me up the fucking wall.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    today it's putting the America tag on anything, Cowboy's America's team, wheel of fortune America's game, today on the treadmill, I saw fox branding itself as America's newsroom, at least they didn't have the audacity to call themselves news
    i know it's not a democracy it's a republic, even more so now, but what what makes America great to me is it diversity or of beliefs opinions so knock it off
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Well so I have my old original retail cd copy of Max Payne for PC. Each time i have the desire to play it i basically have a brand new computer or operating system and every single time without fail there's a new set of problems to diagnose in order to get the game running.

If it wasn't for the fan community coming up with patches or fixes this thing would not work at all. You want to know where it DOES work? it works if you buy a digital copy for PS4, it works on iOS and Android because Rockstar or whoever patches it when new OS versions come out.

They go out of their way to patch the mobile version but can't give us on the PC platform the same treatment? WHAT THE HELL GIVES?! Needless to say i sent them an email to their mouth off address lol

I can do the leg work if i have to but i shouldn't have to, it shouldn't be so cumbersome to get games like this playing on modern PC hardware and the fact that they still support the other platforms over the one i vastly prefer just drives me up the fucking wall.
    I saw a conversation on twitter the other day where there is a concerted effort to keep people from being able to play their old games because a company might, at some point, decide to sell a remastered version. It's ludicrous. Why aren't we allowed to own the thing we paid for?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok so you guys remember how my cousin tried to beat me to death a few years ago?

Well someone BARELY tapped on the door yesterday and then left really fast when he heard my bulldog go batshit crazy, like, left before I could answer the door.

I looked back at the security footage and IT WAS HIM. This motherfucker lives in Kansas now and I haven't heard from him since that shit happened. We have a restraining order against him.

I would LIKE to think he wanted to kiss and make up and lost his nerve, but what I think is more likely is that he was checking to see if anyone was here before breaking in. And he MIGHT be scheming on something even worse.

I'm really scared now.
    please inform the police. i know you have mixed feelings about the ones in your town (if i'm remembering correctly) but he has clearly violated the terms of his restraining order, at the least.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Thanks @eversonpoe . I know we haven't always got along, and that makes me especially appreciate your concern.

The new sheriff is a childhood friend of my mom and he's cool as shit, and I'm now cool with all the cops except the one that killed those people the other day. He's an asshole.
    But yeah, the new sheriff knows about my cousin and has told us that he would come running if the terrible bastard shows up again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ...and I'm now cool with all the cops except the one that killed those people the other day. He's an asshole.
    ...WHAT?!? um, could you please elaborate on that???

i'm pissed off that my friend jon (the one who lived with my wife and i for three months and only paid rent for two of them, then started a giant fight with me the night before he moved out...because our mutual friend kevin found out he was moving because i told his ex-girlfriend who is also friends with kevin...the whole thing was fucking ridiculous, anyway...) drunk-texted my mom last night with basically a pick-up line asking her to hang out. it's super creepy and out of line and my mom, my wife, and i are all really uncomfortable about it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...WHAT?!? um, could you please elaborate on that???
    Oh, word. I thought i already mentioned that here. So yeah, bear in mind that i live in a town of 2000.
    Apparently the cops pulled over and shot two people about a week ago.
    One of them died at the scene and the other was taken to the hospital.
    It's being investigated by the Texas Rangers. They are keeping an INSANELY tight lid on this thing and it makes me wonder how many killings by police officers are kept under wraps.

I'm REALLY hoping the cops weren't in the wrong. But there is this one dickhead cop who you can tell would just LOVE to shoot a motherfucker; he didn't fit in here. I was hoping to god it wasn't him but i found out that it was. (NOT from the news, mind you.)
    Oh shit, more news has been released including the victim's name. It sounds like the passenger wasn't shot; only the driver was shot and killed. But they still won't say what happened.
    And of course they were black. Sigh.http://www.newschannel10.com/story/3...-seeks-answers

Edit: i just found a video interview with the passenger. He says the cops walked up on them at the gas station. They told the guys to get out of the car but they didn't, so the cops shot the driver 7 times.

This will likely be national news before long; at least i HOPE so, because it sounds very fucking fishy.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-03-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I don't tend to consider myself as someone who has low self esteem, but holy shit do I find myself feeling like a toe around beautiful women if they're a romantic prospect, and I really need to stop self-sabotaging myself by going "oh yeah, she's not interested." Whyyyy brain. Sometimes they are! Stop!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I don't tend to consider myself as someone who has low self esteem, but holy shit do I find myself feeling like a toe around beautiful women if they're a romantic prospect, and I really need to stop self-sabotaging myself by going "oh yeah, she's not interested." Whyyyy brain. Sometimes they are! Stop!
    hey, yo...you are a beautiful person. stop being so negative, ya dingus.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I'm trying! I've made some wonderful friendships as a result of this, but it's genuinely a Thing that is complicating my dating life for the worse. But the friendships are all great!
    Last edited by playwithfire; 03-04-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm dog-sitting for my two best friends who are in europe right now (they got engaged in the catacombs of paris the other day) and artie (arthur dent) is fine, but rebel (rebel alliance) is the biggest pain in my ass ever.

he constantly wants water, but if you give him more than a little, he'll pee
    you have to put a belly band on him as soon as he comes in or is let out of his crate, or he'll pee on the floor when you're not looking
    he has gotten to the point that he doesn't even care about his food and i have to basically make him eat because all he wants is water
    the walk i just them on consisted of artie behaving and rebel just trying to eat every little bit of snow he could find, and also refusing to pee
    his breath is the worst thing i've ever smelled...it's worse than poop...it makes me want to die

i miss my bed, and i don't even like my bed. i just want to be able to sleep at home. i'm halfway through dog-sitting and i feel like i'm going to go insane. i miss sleeping next to my wife. and she's about to go on a work retreat starting tomorrow, and she'll be gone til friday afternoon...which means that besides taking care of these dogs, i also have to go home twice a day to feed my cats. ughhhhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^ it definitely sounds like that dog needs a trip to the vet for some blood work when mommy and daddy get home.

Has the dog been diagnosed with Cushing’s?
    Last edited by allegro; 03-05-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    ^ it definitely sounds like that dog needs a trip to the vet for some blood work when mommy and daddy get home.

Has the dog been diagnosed with Cushing’s?
    no idea.

i think the worst part for me is how angry he makes me. i don't like being angry. i especially don't like being angry at this adorable dog. but i don't know what to do and it's frustrating.

(rebel is the one in the back, wearing the belly band)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    O M G, he looks EXACTLY like my Mom’s dog Schatzi ... who died from Cushing’s. Our dog Cookie had the opposite adrenal disease, Addison’s.

Do you know how old Rebel is?

When you feel like you are getting angry, remember that the dog likely has an illness or something really wrong that he can’t control and ESPECIALLY if it’s an adrenal problem like Cushing’s, where stress and anxiety can make it WAY worse. His parents aren’t home and his babysitter is upset so his anxiety level may be sky high. So it also increases his thirst and he pees more, then he knows he’s been a bad boy. Endless cycle.

He’s a special needs dog. It’s harder to care for special needs animals but if you take a deep breath and view it from that angle, it gets easier. (I have had a house full of them for years, haven’t been able to take a vacation for 5 years, I pay a fortune to CVS for pet drugs, but somebody’s gotta love ‘em.). :-)

Deep breaths, patience, empathy and love. Kinda like with a baby or toddler.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-05-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    O M G, he looks EXACTLY like my Mom’s dog Schatzi ... who died from Cushing’s. Our dog Cookie had the opposite adrenal disease, Addison’s.

Do you know how old Rebel is?

When you feel like you are getting angry, remember that the dog likely has an illness or something really wrong that he can’t control and ESPECIALLY if it’s an adrenal problem like Cushing’s, where stress and anxiety can make it WAY worse. His parents aren’t home and his babysitter is upset so his anxiety level may be sky high. So it also increases his thirst and he pees more, then he knows he’s been a bad boy. Endless cycle.

He’s a special needs dog. It’s harder to care for special needs animals but if you take a deep breath and view it from that angle, it gets easier. (I have had a house full of them for years, haven’t been able to take a vacation for 5 years, I pay a fortune to CVS for pet drugs, but somebody’s gotta love ‘em.). :-)

Deep breaths, patience, empathy and love. Kinda like with a baby or toddler.
    it's part of why i'm terrified of ever having a kid. if i get this impatient and frustrated with a dog, how am i going to handle a tiny human?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Echoing here that that dog DEFINITELY needs to get to a vet. That sounds really hard, though. I don't think I could handle that either (this is why I don't have pets, before anyone judges), so, <3

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Another echo on the vet - I took Charlie in to get a biopsy done on a lipoma on her left hip since it was getting pretty big and they discovered VERY early signs of kidney disease since her urine had trace amounts of protein in it. We have her on a new diet now and she's adjusted well, but her poop schedule is all off now since she isn't pooping as much. She hasn't been too water dependent yet but we've been watching out for that.

Also, I want to reinforce your feelings on frustration. It's normal and okay. Kristina gets frustrated when Charlie whines every five minutes to go back outside and sniff around, but that's because of her workload. It's something normal to think and to feel that way and you've already acknowledged it now so that's a good thing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    thanks, y'all. having a support team (even a remote one) is important and really helpful. <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh fuck yeah yeah you gotta self-care and admit frustration. Sometimes, when I’d been on my hands and knees for at least the 10th time that day cleaning dog or cat pee because my dog was (a) blind, (b) had Addison’s, (c) had anal gland cancer, and one of my cats has severe anxiety and was on amitriptyline (she’s now on Prozac) because one of our other cats, the diabetic who got two shots of insulin per day, sensed her anxiety and was chasing her, so she was pissing on floors all over the house and I had every cat piss cleaning product known and even hired an animal behaviorist out of desperation, and then one of my other cats has Irritable Bowel Disease and has stinky diarrhea all day every day, sometimes I’d just sit and cry.

Cry and cry and cry and cry.

And that felt better.

And then I just pick myself up and get back up.

The good news for YOU is that you get to go home! :-P

For several months while our dog was sick, my husband and I took turns getting up at least 3x per night with a sick dog. Neither of us got more than 5 hours sleep for months. When the dog passed away, we slept like 9 hours for days.

Now two of the cats have CKD (chronic kidney disease). It’s okay, we’re special needs pros, now, and we even found a special needs cat sitter!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 03-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Oh fuck yeah yeah you gotta self-care and admit frustration. Sometimes, when I’d been on my hands and knees for at least the 10th time that day cleaning dog or cat pee because my dog was (a) blind, (b) had Addison’s, (c) had anal gland cancer, and one of my cats has severe anxiety and was on amitriptyline (she’s now on Prozac) because one of our other cats, the diabetic who got two shots of insulin per day, sensed her anxiety and was chasing her, so she was pissing on floors all over the house and I had every cat piss cleaning product known and even hired an animal behaviorist out of desperation, and then one of my other cats has Irritable Bowel Disease and has stinky diarrhea all day every day, sometimes I’d just sit and cry.

Cry and cry and cry and cry.

And that felt better.

And then I just pick myself up and get back up.

The good news for YOU is that you get to go home! :-P

For several months while our dog was sick, my husband and I took turns getting up at least 3x per night with a sick dog. Neither of us got more than 5 hours sleep for months. When the dog passed away, we slept like 9 hours for days.

Now two of the cats have CKD (chronic kidney disease). It’s okay, we’re special needs pros, now, and we even found a special needs cat sitter!!!
    it's weird because i'm used to dealing with special needs cats. before we figured out kaylee had never been fixed, she peed all over on a regular basis. a few times she even peed on some of my records, which was probably the worst thing i've ever had to deal with. i also have several cat-sitting clients with special needs cats. i don't know why but i find it so much easier to be patient and understanding. i love dogs but i guess that's how i know i'm more of a cat person.

also, sorry that your furry friends have so many issues but i'm glad you've figured out the best ways to help them <3

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Thoughts and prayers out to everyone’s little furry ones. <3

little thing that pisses me off: crushed ice. What the fuck is that shit for? I like to drink from cups without a cover and/or straw, so the shit acts as some kind of dam. Or it gets semi stuck, I tilt the cup and the crap poles over my face. And it seems to melt faster (un-scientific tests by me).

Cubed ice people (not to be confused with Ice Cube). It’s the only way to go. Fuck you, Subway.