Page 207 of 263 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Hamilton. Holy shit, I want my money and time back... it’s hip hop for people who think Dr Dre is an actual doctor.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    How do you feel about musical theatre in general? Because like, Hamilton is a musical, it's not purely hip hop, hip hop is just deeply in there. Here's the Hamilton folks doing not musical theatre and I think it's phenomenal: (I also think Hamilton is phenomenal but it's a different thing)

Also YES that is a Hamilton quote in my longstanding subtitle, U R CORRECT
    Last edited by playwithfire; 07-18-2018 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I’m not a huge fan of musical theater, but I can enjoy it. I liked Phantom of the Opera despite the melodrama... I think Jesus Christ Superstar is great... I liked Les Miserable, Book of Mormon, Sweeney Todd, West Side Story, Meet Me in St Louis... I even thought the Sunset Boulevard musical got unfairly bashed... I remember liking Miss Saigon even if I really can’t remember any of the music

Hamilton just felt as preposterous as it sounded like it’d be in concept... I was so curious to see what all the hype was about... i left feeling ripped off and pranked. I tried to keep giving it a chance but maybe I’m just a philistine here. This was after everyone I talked to raves about it. No one had mixed opinions, it was always clearly the greatest shit... both my fiancé and I were just perplexed

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    ... both my fiancé and I were just perplexed
    when did you get engaged!?!?!? EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    when did you get engaged!?!?!? EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    a couple months back! We’re tying the knot in April! We’ve been inseparable. She’s everything to me
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-20-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    there are so many bad shows in the city tonight. five finger death punch, godsmack, jackson browne (okay, no real reference here), some group called big ups, randy rogers band (nope), and exmortus (?). i think i'll avoid downtown tonight after 10 pm.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 05-04-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Jokes that are not only shitty in regard to their subject, but also poorly formulated and without an actual punchline. If your joke is shit, shut the fuck up. Just because you came up with it doesn’t just make it an inherently good or funny joke. Comedy really isn’t THAT complex if you want to make a simple joke.

”Why did god make women’s pussies smell like fish?” “*sigh*....why....” “For the same reason he made guys’ jizz look like tartar sauce!”

...Okay? Is there even a punchline? Is there even a “reason” that’s supposed to tie it all together?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My mom has a plate and screws in her neck. She was told that if she didn't have a procedure that she DIDN'T want, she would be kicked out of the practice and lose ALL of her meds.
    So she did it (of course the procedure costs thousands of dollars.)

But it gets worse.
    Something went wrong, and now it feels like the back of her head is on fire, at all times. And when she lays down, it feels like her head is laying on a pile of rocks.

Worst of all, the clinic told her that this might be PERMANENT, that her head will feel like it's on fire for the rest of her life.

At first she thought it was maybe a normal post op experience, but it's been over a MONTH.

She is regularly in tears from this new pain. Goddamnit, she was already in ENOUGH chronic pain BEFORE this bullshit.

So yeah. She was more or less blackmailed into a procedure she didn't want, that costs thousands of dollars, that might have made it to where she will be in agony till she dies.

But we have no recourse because hey, she signed a form absolving the surgeon and clinic from any damages incurred, including permanent neurological damage.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    That's fucking terrible.

I'm not asking this in a rhetorical "you SHOULD try this" way; this is an honest question: has she tried any sort of marijuana-based treatments for managing the pain? Genuinely curious because I grew up in a staunchly anti-weed house and just blindly believed it was the tool of the devil, but more and more I'm growing intrigued by potential uses. I wonder if maybe some form of it might help her?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok so my cousin who nearly beat me to death and has creeped on our house is now telling other family members that he's been part of a government experiment for several years wherein they watch and document his every move and have harvested his DNA to create clones.

And he said he knows things are cool with me because it was one of the CLONES who tried to kill me and he's sure I'm aware of this.

��

This potentially changes everything regarding this situation, and in multiple ways.

Like now I'm thinking "who's gonna help him" and "if he's THAT crazy, why didn't I see it before?"

Also, what if he thinks he's found, idk, the headquarters of the organization doing the experiment on him and goes in shooting?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Also, sorry for double post, but @theimage13 the answer is no, but we are both considering trying such treatments eventually.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If I have to hear Kevin Smith talk about his heart attack one more goddamn time.....

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Gross-out humor can be funny and all, but if it’s ALL you got, that shit gets old in MINUTES.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Look, I didn't anticipate that the whoopee cushion bubble would pop so quickly when I chose to invest my life's savings in it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I am fine with showing empathy for patients who actually suffer from a cancer. I just hate it when people use someone else's illness to get attention for themselves. I think that's a variation of Munchausen by Proxy syndrome. I also hate it when people use the death of someone they never knew or barely knew to get sympathy
    Last edited by Boots; 07-26-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    omg, the heat this year is ridic. i feel like i say it every year, but it doesn't drop below 90 until after 11:00 pm. and it never dips below 70 at night, either. and if i hear "but it's a dry heat" one more goddamn time ...

and thinking about everyone who doesn't have ac (i never did growing up) ... or the stray animals who have no respite ... fucking sucks. i reset my sprinklers to come on for a couple hours in the evening (which is illegal here -- your address determines when you can water outside) in case any strays are thirsty or just desperate to cool off.
    Last edited by kel; 07-26-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The Colony season finale, which is now likely to be the series finale unless maybe Netflix decides do do something with it, is just one fucking cliffhanger after another.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looking at the asshole my ex is with now. Such a smarmy bastard.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Maaaaan. SOME of you motherfuckers...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    My grandmother just died today. 92 years old. More than 30 years since my fraternal grandfather died. I'm not pissed off about it though she wasn't really a nice person as she is the reason why there's so much family drama that I want no involvement in. Just kind of sad right now. 92 years.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    sorry for your loss
    -louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    life and everything it throws at you.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've been paying for a company to find stolen photos online, part of their deal is when they find copyright theft, their lawyers represent me and get the best deal possible for me. We split the money in the end and all is good. Nice for me in that I don't have to deal with it beyond saying, this is not okay go get them. Well I found one of my photos was stolen and used as the cover of an Italian book. Frustrating to me because I've never made a dime off the photo they stole, but I figured this case could bring me a pretty nice sum of money. Anyways, today the company I use told me the case was not profitable for them and I can deal with it myself if I want, or accept it. No way I can afford an Italian copyright lawyer right now, so I'm pretty frustrated at the world today.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm sick of Medusa objectifying people!

... and this heat wave can scram anytime soon too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hate the fucking drama of relationships
    Are you happy? Enjoy the fucking time
    Life is so short for these stupid things, one day everything is awesome, the next day everything is pile of shit...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i need my hair cut so fucking bad, but i keep putting it off and putting it off because i hate the process so much. small talk should be optional! like, maybe ask if i'd just prefer to relax and not talk. please get this rat's nest off my head so i can leave. ugh ugh ugh ...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I'm not a republican conservative but her show is so one dimensional and hypocritical it pisses me off. Bashes right wing thoughts and when right wingers spout their agenda on her show...but I guess it's ok if it's your agenda and ideology when you do it back on your own? Pffft. Piss off.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If I have to hear Kevin Smith talk about his heart attack one more goddamn time.....
    I am subscribed to three of his podcasts and yeah it got tedious for a minute there.
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I'm sick of Medusa objectifying people!

... and this heat wave can scram anytime soon too.
    OK, I legit snickered at this one.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    whenever someone puts me in a position where I have to manage their awkwardness for them