Thread: The little things that piss you off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Dumb ass Corporate IT. I use a VPN all the time. At home, in airports, at other people's homes, in hotels, on a fucking plane. Don't tell me to re-install the s/w when it stops working. YOU ARE BLOCKING MY IP ADDRESS - FIX IT. Grrrrrr "We are dispatching your ticket. Please wait for a call back." I might hear from ya'll on Monday.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, it looks like I'm going to see Louis CK alone next weekend. Bummer. I'm getting kind of tired of going to events by myself. I'm still not sure I want to go by myself. On the other hand, I'll probably kick myself if I don't go (I missed him AND Patton last year and was pretty mad at myself...again, no one would go with me). That's if tickets are even still available, which they very well may not be.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Well, it looks like I'm going to see Louis CK alone next weekend. Bummer. I'm getting kind of tired of going to events by myself. I'm still not sure I want to go by myself. On the other hand, I'll probably kick myself if I don't go (I missed him AND Patton last year and was pretty mad at myself...again, no one would go with me). That's if tickets are even still available, which they very well may not be.
    Be happy that he's playing in your town though! It seems like Louis CK has an aversion to doing sets in Los Angeles unless he's playing some super secret show that's impossible to get into.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I don't know about past tours, but I know for this one, at least, he had said that because he wasn't using Ticketmaster this time around and was just doing it all himself, there were a lot of venues he couldn't get into because they had exclusive deals with TM. I think he specifically mentioned Los Angeles as one of the cities where he couldn't find a venue that would work with him.

It makes sense, too, because the place he's doing the show out here is an "in the round" theater. I hope to God the show is not actually in the round, though. I'm hoping he'll, like, curtain off half the theater and use it as a backdrop so it's a normal show. I don't want to stare at his back half the show. I don't think it's conducive to comedy.

Then again, Louis is playing arenas now. Like, as of a couple weeks ago. He is doing the O2 in London and then he's playing an arena in Colorado and Idaho now, which was just announced. So I probably shouldn't miss this show because it might be the last time I ever get the chance to see him in a small venue (and I will not see him at an arena unless I get close seats. Not interested in seeing a comedy show from the nosebleeds, thanks).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I don't want to stare at his back half the show.
    Meh, that's 50% less back-staring than seeing Tool...