Page 1 of 263 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Is it wrong to feel depressed after New Years? Got invited to stuff. Felt included for once. But felt alone for the most part. Good night.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    2013 brings forth a new thread! (It's a database index optimization thing, really. Deal with it.)

I took both cars in for inspection on the 31st. One of them needed all new tires, and an outer tie rod end, but I expected as much. The other car needs all new brakes. I kind of figured that would happen too, but what really peeves me off is that for both cars, they dinged me for wiper blades. I know the blades on the first car are probably pretty old, but I changed the blades out on the other car five months ago, and they work perfectly fine.

So I'm going to have them leave me with the old blades, and when I get the car back, the new blades are going in a box in my shed. I'll continue to change my blades regularly, but when it's time for state inspection, I'll put brand new fucking blades on, because this happens to me over and over again, and I'm only just now getting around to planning a way to get around this crap.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ordered a Nexus 4 on Dec 3rd, when wave 2 of Canadian orders took place. Shipped on the 13th, then on the ~19th it arrived at New Brunswick (a province next to mine - I'm in NS) and was about a 2.5 hour drive away. On the 21st the status stated that it departed Newfoundland(!), which is an island quite a bit up northeast from here, and relatively far compared to where it was in New Brunswick.

There haven't been any status updates since, and UPS hasn't been helpful when I reached out to them. It was supposed to originally arrive here on the 19th and I am confused.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Some toolbag just told my my remixes sound like something he could do in garage band.

Hah
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 01-01-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Ordered a Nexus 4 on Dec 3rd
    My Nexus 6 arrived last week but Harrison Ford had shot it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I've had to deal with minute outbreaks of psoriasis over the last 10 years. A few itchy red dots here & there, once in a while. The last week of December brings me a minor throat infection. After the last day of irritation, I woke up new year's eve morning to find my arms & tops of my hands completely covered in itchy red blotches of joy! Hooray! It's new years eve & my doctor's office is closed. All of the walk-in clinics in my area are closed. I guarantee that none of them are going to be open on new year's day & there is no way I'm spending my NYE waiting 8 hours in the emergency room at the nearest hospital. This shit is so gross. I would never wish this upon anyone. You've heard of someone having a 'pizza face'? I have 'pizza hands'. I read yesterday that it can be triggered by a throat infection. I'm getting up first thing in the morning to see my doc. It was just so bizarre - no signs since last summer - then POW! Happy new year to me.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo75 View Post
    So I've had to deal with minute outbreaks of psoriasis over the last 10 years. A few itchy red dots here & there, once in a while. The last week of December brings me a minor throat infection. After the last day of irritation, I woke up new year's eve morning to find my arms & tops of my hands completely covered in itchy red blotches of joy! Hooray! It's new years eve & my doctor's office is closed. All of the walk-in clinics in my area are closed. I guarantee that none of them are going to be open on new year's day & there is no way I'm spending my NYE waiting 8 hours in the emergency room at the nearest hospital. This shit is so gross. I would never wish this upon anyone. You've heard of someone having a 'pizza face'? I have 'pizza hands'. I read yesterday that it can be triggered by a throat infection. I'm getting up first thing in the morning to see my doc. It was just so bizarre - no signs since last summer - then POW! Happy new year to me.
    ugh, i hear you. i have mild eczema that generally isn't visible, but occasionally breaks out right under my eye. i've found a small dab of hydrocortizone cream generally sorts it out within a few hours, so i just keep some on hand now. not sure if that'll help for psoriasis, but i feel your pain!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Damn was supposed to go back to work last night. Work decided to text me this morning after the shift to ask where I was!. Obviously their version of January 2nd starts on 11pm January 1st while mine starts on January 2nd!!! Great start to the year!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My dad getting angry with me for not wanting digital tv, simply because he thinks I should have it, and I should be modern, and it would cost me less than regular old cable. Nevermind that to install the digibox I'd have to buy a new cupboard, I hate everything digital tv costs and it's my decision. I did not grow to be 32 years old, to have my dad tell me off like a fucking school girl.
    Ugh.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I hurt my lower back close to a month ago and am finally caving and going to a chiropractor.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elke View Post
    My dad getting angry with me for not wanting digital tv, simply because he thinks I should have it, and I should be modern, and it would cost me less than regular old cable. Nevermind that to install the digibox I'd have to buy a new cupboard, I hate everything digital tv costs and it's my decision. I did not grow to be 32 years old, to have my dad tell me off like a fucking school girl.
    Ugh.
    Have you tried telling him that since it's so important TO HIM that you have digital TV that he should be the one to buy you the new cupboard you would need to get it and that he should pay for the whole digital TV service? I've often found that the "I'm perfectly fine with what I have right now but if you want to give things to me as a gift, it's all right by me" attitude to shut people up quite effectively. No offense to your father though.

As for what is pissing me off: people who are making way to much food for the holidays (year after year after year) and who are pushing the leftovers to others since apparently, they don't "like" leftovers.

I'm looking at you, mother.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I hurt my lower back close to a month ago and am finally caving and going to a chiropractor.
    Sometimes that stuff doesnt just go away. Good luck with the chiro.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Have you seen a good orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the spine, yet?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Sometimes that stuff doesnt just go away. Good luck with the chiro.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Have you seen a good orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the spine, yet?
    Nope

I'm pretty sure it's just a bulging disc. And yeah, it just doesn't go away. Hopefully, I can get back to normal cause not being able to bear weight really gets in the way of real life.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I've had back problems for years, and a chiropractor I saw for a year or so recently changed my life. Nothing else had worked, but chiro did it.
    I hope your back improves.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I've had back problems for years, and a chiropractor I saw for a year or so recently changed my life. Nothing else had worked, but chiro did it.
    I hope your back improves.
    Same for me pretty much, i had a leg that was an inch and half shorter till i got it fixed when i was 22, my hips and everything else have been out of whack my whole life. I started going a couple years back and it has helped a bunch. IT even helped with a pinched nerve i got from being hit my a big truck. Im still not sold on chiro's as a whole but i know the guy i see has helped me a bunch.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Yup

Nope

I'm pretty sure it's just a bulging disc. And yeah, it just doesn't go away. Hopefully, I can get back to normal cause not being able to bear weight really gets in the way of real life.
    I dunno, if I were you I'd go for the ortho surgeon for a diagnosis, first. Then you can go for suggested treatments. Seems you definitely have an injury. If it's inflammation, that will be treated differently than if it's a disc problem. A friend at work got plantar fasciitis from running and it took more than THREE MONTHS for it to go away, and that was with PT and drugs. But if she hadn't gotten a diagnosis, first, who knows where it would have gone.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-03-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    @allegro

I do agree. I should have probably gone to an ortho first, but in talking to the chiro yesterday, a practice I'm not sold on either, so thanks @aggroculture and @Pillfred for the feedback on your personal experiences, she said she might suggest the same so really this is a consult, maybe not a treatment. A bit backackwards, I know.

Wish me luck!

Edit: whip lash of the lower back. Heating pad does not help. I'm an idiot. Hopefully a ton of ice this weekend will help.
    Last edited by Dra508; 01-04-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Is that the medical diagnosis?

I had cervical strain, once (formerly known as whiplash) and the 800mg of Ibuprofen - and the muscle relaxers - that the doctor prescribed REALLY helped. In the morning, I couldn't lift my head from the pillow. That night, I was at a wedding with G. With help from the combo of all the drugs and White Russians, I was on the dance floor doing the Electric Slide.

They don't give neck braces, anymore, because they WANT you to move.

I hope you recover soon!!
    Last edited by allegro; 01-04-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Is that the medical diagnosis?

I had cervical strain, once (formerly known as whiplash) and the 800mg of Ibuprofen - and the muscle relaxers - that the doctor prescribed REALLY helped. In the morning, I couldn't lift my head from the pillow. That night, I was at a wedding with G. With help from the combo of all the drugs and White Russians, I was on the dance floor doing the Electric Slide.

They don't give neck braces, anymore, because they WANT you to move.

I hope you recover soon!!
    Thanks. I feel better already. Ice is quite amazing and mentally, I feel like there is a path to recovery. I feel for people with chronic issues or those chasing diagnosis for whatever is ailing them. The unknown is usually worse then whatever it might be. And I'm going paleo for six weeks for multiple reasons. One benefit I should get that will help this back is the reduction in inflammation.

She did say my muscles were very tight and since I do exercise regularly, I should get regular massages. Win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've managed to get along just fine for 24 years as a human being, yet for the last six months I haven't been myself at all. I've gone from a pretty well-rounded, fairly confident, extremely laid-back person to an anxious mess that can't handle anything. I don't understand what the problem is; things with my girlfriend are fantastic, I have just about enough money to get by, I do a job I know I'm good at, things with my family are better than they ever have been. But despite this, I'm still getting panicky and nervous all the time, completely overreacting about things and acting irrationally about the smallest things. I'm finding it hard to talk to people and to have a conversation, I generally just mutter inaudibly and put no effort into speaking. I rarely feel comfortable. And for some reason I'm freaking out over the tiniest health scares and magnifying them to the extreme (a prolonged headache becomes a blood clot an upset stomach becomes cancer etc). It's doing my head in to be honest, because I can't identify a single thing that's brought this on. I don't know what the matter with me is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I've managed to get along just fine for 24 years as a human being, yet for the last six months I haven't been myself at all. I've gone from a pretty well-rounded, fairly confident, extremely laid-back person to an anxious mess that can't handle anything. I don't understand what the problem is; things with my girlfriend are fantastic, I have just about enough money to get by, I do a job I know I'm good at, things with my family are better than they ever have been. But despite this, I'm still getting panicky and nervous all the time, completely overreacting about things and acting irrationally about the smallest things. I'm finding it hard to talk to people and to have a conversation, I generally just mutter inaudibly and put no effort into speaking. I rarely feel comfortable. And for some reason I'm freaking out over the tiniest health scares and magnifying them to the extreme (a prolonged headache becomes a blood clot an upset stomach becomes cancer etc). It's doing my head in to be honest, because I can't identify a single thing that's brought this on. I don't know what the matter with me is.
    Sounds like you need to speak to someone about how you are feeling.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Yeah, sounds like simple chronic anxiety disorder which is treatable in many ways (besides and including medicinally). You're not alone, it's not uncommon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah I read up on it a bit and certainly seems that way. I'll look into it, cheers. Apologies for the random outburst.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Feeling run down and miserable on my week off.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This is annoying, and typical of town. The Waldorf Hotel, which was renovated and reopened in 2010, was sold out from under management by the property owner to a condo developer, who told them "you have until September, then GTFO." Fucking stupid, they've had some great events there, Food Truck Festival, we had our film premier in the Tiki Bar, and Nuba, the Lebanese restaurant is apparently quite good. Everybody who works there is understandably pissed, as is management, because bam, 60 people out of work.

And for what? More overpriced condos in an industrial/crack whore district.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ignorant uneducated people, combined with this 4 day migraine marathon, along with the stress of being unwillingly drug into a messy break-up. there is no analogy or proper word or combination of words that describe my mounting frustration and anger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Every time I pre-order a game to be released in the spring of that year, the store I pre-order from goes into administration :| I'm going to have to resort to the gaming retailer with the red, black and white logo if places keep shutting down like this; between HMV and GAME going into administration, all it leaves in my town is aforementioned anonymous game retailer (I haven't shopped there since spring last year due to being treated really terribly time and again by a particular member of staff), the video shop which occasionally has games but more often than not has knock-off copies with photocopied covers, and the toy store which is generally a) expensive as hell or b) lacking in any sort of variety.

I know it's a stupid thing to whine about, but ugh. It's just shitty that games outlets are tanking so much lately. I know HMV suffered due to internet music sales rather than the games industry, but my town's always been pretty crappy when it comes to games. It's still an industry where a large chunk of consumers will willingly spend full- or almost full-price to get products when they're brand-new, and you can't exactly download a console.

I just hope I can actually find somewhere to pre-order GTA V now :/ I wouldn't mind but it's not even for myself, it's a present for my brother! Augh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Every single one of those conspiracy videos about whatever, most recently Sandy Hook related. I get that the media is not the best at covering news all the time, however I still put more stock in what they say than some random whoever on youtube with a video editor. Fucking people are really dumb sometimes.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Every single one of those conspiracy videos about whatever, most recently Sandy Hook related. I get that the media is not the best at covering news all the time, however I still put more stock in what they say than some random whoever on youtube with a video editor. Fucking people are really dumb sometimes.
    Those conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook are offensive. Those people are no better than the Westboro church.