Page 193 of 263 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Fishing attempts.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    When my friends disappoint me. When they're not there for me when I need them the most.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was going to say something. Then I realized it was the exact same thing I complained about before. I desperately need new friends.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Fishing attempts.
    Was it a phishing scam?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Lol hey what did i do?!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "I haven't had a good burger for a while. Let's get burgers." "Okay! That sounds great let me call my wife and see if she wants to come."

Oh, great, I'm glad you knew that's exactly what I wanted, to be third wheeled to my own lunch.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    People misusing the word Angst. I think a lot of people don't even know it has 3 meanings: anguish(which is what most use it for), anxiety and fear. It does not mean melodramatic, over emotionally cry me a river like topics. Angst is a human emotion and its part of what makes us human.

But, say i was having a panic attack over a phobia of something...that's also angst. I feel like people just use it because other people use it without context and it posses me off

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's this one woman at another forum who I know has me on her ignore list because she's jealous of the attention I get from the men over there. Whatever, bitch. Be like that.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    This is a broad brushing of a more nuanced situation, but, in trying to do right by everybody, do you ever find that it makes it harder to do right by anybody? This trip is bumming me out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Actually I wasn't on her ignore list after all. My mistake. She liked one of my posts the other day.

But someone who was actually on my friends list was talking shit behind my back. So I un-friended him.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Whatever.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Lots of situations (here and elsewhere in life) lately have me thinking—With the quality technological advances we have in life these days, it’s so much easier to research and refine stances/opinions. Why is it then that so many goddamn people still cling to nonsensical and often just straight up bullshit opinions?

Is it laziness? Is admitting wrong a shame too strong?

There’s still plenty of grey in the black and white but really, there’s no fucking excuse for not having looked into what you believe/wrote/said when it’s a well documented and decided matter.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Little thing - when I for the life of me can't find the "best before" date on some food. "OK, on top... no, this side... no, this side... no, this side... no, maybe bottom... no... okay again top? no... (getting a bit anxious) this side... no, again bottom... no... focus, it's OK, this side... no, this side... no, top... WHERE THE FUCKING FUCK IS THE FUCKING DATE!!" :-D Not sure if this is standardized somehow in civilized countries :-), but here it's all over the place in random fonts, random date format, random everything.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hell, I hate how some food have sell-by dates, some have best-by dates, and some use close-codes so you have to go on a search for them.

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal...product-dating

What is Food Product Dating?
    Two types of product dating may be shown on a product label. "Open Dating" is a calendar date applied to a food product by the manufacturer or retailer. The calendar date provides consumers with information on the estimated period of time for which the product will be of best quality and to help the store determine how long to display the product for sale. “Closed Dating” is a code that consists of a series of letters and/or numbers applied by manufacturers to identify the date and time of production.
    I used to do this at my old job and it was the worst thing to keep track of.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well. Some ruddy cunt decided to swipe my card information and run my account dry. I noticed the day it started is the same day I tried a new food place by here. Guess where I'm never going again?

And I totally understand it could not be their fault. It just seems odd that this happened the same day I ate there. I mean, what are the odds that my card was stolen the same day as their machine was broken and they had to type everything in manually?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    store bought oven pizzas, they're disgusting. i hate that they exist.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Woke up with allergic conjuctivitis. My right eye has been pink and red all day, and I'm waiting for the drug store to open so I can buy some eye drops. I look like a fucking goblin. Or Two-Face. Or the Terminator, sinking into the molten steel. Gah.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm taking a break from facebook. i spend way too much time and energy trying to convince people that being an asshole is a choice, and it's a choice no one should make.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    store bought oven pizzas, they're disgusting. i hate that they exist.
    Gotta get a decent one, i know, like totinos or some shit. Hit it with some seasoning i like Cajun, salt and pepper, and if i have it garlic pepper. Yeah it's not a real pie, but gives me my fix. I also eat a fair amount of gas station pizza. #addicted

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Gotta get a decent one, i know, like totinos or some shit. Hit it with some seasoning i like Cajun, salt and pepper, and if i have it garlic pepper. Yeah it's not a real pie, but gives me my fix. I also eat a fair amount of gas station pizza. #addicted
    I FUCKING LOVE DiGiorno Pepperoni Crispy Pan Pizza. It’s like Detroit pan pizza (Sicilian), and it is buttery-carmelized-crust yummy AWESOME.

But I don’t know that the OP lives in the U.S. or gets our variety of frozen pizzas.

Our supermarkets in Chicago have one entire side of a giant aisle (like, 30 freezer doors) devoted solely to frozen pizzas. Home Run Inn, Gino’s East, Connie’s, Lou Malnatti’s, Superossa, never mind the Amy’s, Red Barron, etc. etc.

I really like DiGiorno’s self-rising crust pepperoni pizza, too.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-18-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Well. Some ruddy cunt decided to swipe my card information and run my account dry. I noticed the day it started is the same day I tried a new food place by here. Guess where I'm never going again?

And I totally understand it could not be their fault. It just seems odd that this happened the same day I ate there. I mean, what are the odds that my card was stolen the same day as their machine was broken and they had to type everything in manually?
    Did your bank reimburse you right away?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I'll definitely have to try some others despite my dramatic dismissal of them all lol

All i know is I've tried a few different ones, the last two i had were from Giuseppe and Delissio and they were just really bad. Never thought about customizing a bit though, that's a good idea.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-18-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'll definitely have to try some others despite my dramatic dismissal of them all lol

All i know is I've tried a few different ones, the last two i had were from Giuseppe and Delissio and they were just really bad. Never thought about customizing a bit though, that's a good idea.
    Digiorno is decent, that deep dish looks pretty legit, red barron, totinos is budget but good. Jacks is trash, if they are not the half-pounder then that one too. I feel ya, and i've made plenty of real pizzas over the years. But, yeah don't be afraid to season them shits first, or even after. Salt/seasoning is a real thing. I do agree for the most part. The green box stuff kinda like digiorno is pretty good as well, i forget the name. Just gotta go into it like one would Taco Bell. It's a taco yes, but ... .
    Last edited by Pillfred; 01-18-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Did your bank reimburse you right away?
    Some of it. On the phone they were like, "Did you buy $125.34 worth of pizza at Domino's?" I've only bought that much food at the grocery store ffs, what kind of question is that? Anyway, there were a lot of charges on my statement that were returned before I called but there were others that weren't. The investigation won't start for at least two weeks and even then I'll have to say, "No, I was not in Massachusetts buying Dunkin Donuts." That's not to say I wouldn't do that if there were a DD here but yeah, I'm literally on the other side of the country so how did I manage that?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That’s bullshit, should have been flagged.

This is why we now have a WHOLE SEPARATE ACCOUNT for debit card transactions. So the most they can get is the little we keep in there. We have friends who now ONLY carry cash because of this shit, I need to do that more too.

We get bank alerts on our phone and Apple Watch now to monitor the accounts.

I hate banks ugh.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    *Boss spends first two hours of the morning downloading Whose Line Is It Anyway because he's a grown adult man at work*

"Aaalright, we have a lot to do so we should started."

Glad to see we can't do our job at the start of the day so I can leave early, but we can wake up and come to work only to do nothing for the first two hours and then start working and leave late. That's efficient.

For a little context, he says he can't afford internet at home so he brings his laptop here. But then last week he went and LEASED a brand new off-the-lot 2018 Corolla that's gonna cost him close to $800 every month, bringing his current car count to 6 cars, 4 of which are inoperable. Why can't you afford it? My internet costs me $25 a month. Just get your broke ass aome internet.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-18-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That’s bullshit, should have been flagged.

This is why we now have a WHOLE SEPARATE ACCOUNT for debit card transactions. So the most they can get is the little we keep in there. We have friends who now ONLY carry cash because of this shit, I need to do that more too.

We get bank alerts on our phone and Apple Watch now to monitor the accounts.

I hate banks ugh.
    You'd think someone/something would have notified me when it happened but it went on for a full week. I only noticed because I needed to see if I had enough in there for a purchase. (side note: I did not. )

This actually is my side account for debit card transactions so the most they could have gotten was (looking at my pre balance) about $400. But the thing that really made me upset is that the bank was refunding some of the transactions already but not all of them. Renting a $180 hotel room was strange enough to return the monies but purchasing a $90 lyft ride in Boston wasn't?

And I just checked and even though I called and took care of this shit on the 16th, two more transactions were processed yesterday, both in Brooklyn. I hope that Chinese food and Taxi ride were worth it, you fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    *Boss spends first two hours of the morning downloading Whose Line Is It Anyway because he's a grown adult man at work*

"Aaalright, we have a lot to do so we should started."

Glad to see we can't go out job at the start of the day so I can leave early, but we can wake up and come to work only to do nothing for the first two hours and then start working and leave late. That's efficient.

For a little context, he says he can't afford internet at home so he brings his laptop here. But then last week he went and LEASED a brand new off-the-lot 2018 Corolla that's gonna cost him close to $800 every month, bringing his current car count to 6 cars, 4 of which are inoperable. Why can't you afford it? My internet costs me $25 a month. Just get your broke ass aome internet.
    Man, you have a weird boss.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    You'd think someone/something would have notified me when it happened but it went on for a full week. I only noticed because I needed to see if I had enough in there for a purchase. (side note: I did not. )
    This happened to me, years ago.

The Bank said, well, it's up to YOU to MONITOR your account. So, they push the blame on us.

A few months ago, at around THREE A.M., the bank sent me these texts telling them to CALL THEM IMMEDIATELY about suspicious activity on my credit card, and if I didn't they'd freeze my account. Dude, I WAS SLEEPING. LOL.

I can't believe THEY DIDN'T CLOSE THAT CARD AND GIVE YOU A NEW ONE!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 01-18-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not really excited by their actions. I wonder how long they would have let these charges go otherwise?