Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 5538

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    for the last few years, we've spent the 4th at a friend's dad's lakehouse (with a bunch of our other friends). this year, we didn't get invited, and we don't know why; we simply weren't on the e-mail with everyone else. when we saw the couple who hosts it at a party a two weekends ago, they were perfectly amicable, but neither of them said anything to us about it. so on monday, when three different people texted me asking if they could get a ride with us, i had to tell them all "we weren't invited." it was awkward and upsetting, but we didn't feel comfortable just going.

so, we spent most of the day playing video games or watching TV. then we went out to dinner. it was totally fine...until the illegal fireworks bonanza that happens in the park down the block from our apartment started at 8:30...and lasted until 11:30. it was insane. our poor cats were not happy.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    I feel you.

My dog, who is 12, doesn't like the ones that sound like gunshots/explosions and guess what the vast majority of the fireworks over the last 5 days have sounded like?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I use e-cigarette, but not here in the office of course - but my boss in his small room next to me does, and I can hear it, and it pisses me off! I want to smoke too, fuck! :-)

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    people like this shouldn't be parents

what a terrible mother. this is not how a parent should behave, and shows a complete lack of respect for the autonomy of your child. it's not about you, it doesn't affect you, and you are being a jerk. get over yourself.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Just two days after I got fully cleared to start working out again, I'm pretty sure I pulled or strained my Achilles' tendon. It's gotten worse over the last week. I don't even know how going to the doctor would help as I didn't completely tear it. There's no swelling or bruising. Just fire like pain when my foot extends.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ. I bought a Chromebook off someone right before I went on vacation. Finally boot the thing up and it's telling me it's got 2GB on the hard drive. Not free, mind you, but total. WTF kind of dick head does that. I mean, first of all where do you find a 2GB hard drive?!? And then when I asked him, "Hey, the warranty screw is disturbed, did you do something to the hard drive?" he straight lied to me. Jesus Christ.

Well, off to go pay another $100 for a 128GB drive.

2GB. What the ever-loving fuck.

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Jesus Christ. I bought a Chromebook off someone right before I went on vacation. Finally boot the thing up and it's telling me it's got 2GB on the hard drive. Not free, mind you, but total. WTF kind of dick head does that. I mean, first of all where do you find a 2GB hard drive?!? And then when I asked him, "Hey, the warranty screw is disturbed, did you do something to the hard drive?" he straight lied to me. Jesus Christ.

Well, off to go pay another $100 for a 128GB drive.

2GB. What the ever-loving fuck.
    pretty sure chromebooks are not meant for storage, they're meant for surfing the web and streaming. they want you to use google drive for more storage.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Truth, except this model had a 16GB drive by default and is upgradeable. I just didn't think that, by default, this also means it's downgradeable.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Oh yeah - youtube. I was browsing for trailers last night and there were "trailers" for Suicide Squad 2 and Deadpool 2 and a couple other movies that I know haven't even loaded a film/hard drive in a camera yet. It's terrible.

Also I hate trying to find the official movie channels for trailers because all the other ones with the "here's the trailer but with our stupid shit at the beginning and end". God I hate youtube so much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    people like this shouldn't be parents

what a terrible mother. this is not how a parent should behave, and shows a complete lack of respect for the autonomy of your child. it's not about you, it doesn't affect you, and you are being a jerk. get over yourself.
    Jeez this article made me angry. Not only is she a shitty parent, she's spent an entire article painting herself like some kind of victim...fucking FUCK OFF!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tl;dr - body image with a quickly changing body is fucking weird and stupid.

I saw myself in a large mirror the other day for the first time in a long time. Like the one in my bathroom shows about half my tits and I see nothing below that. I got rid of my big mirror when I moved last year and haven't *really* seen myself in a full-length mirror in a very long time. Monday I was wearing this shirt (with a shirt underneath), which I thought still fit me pretty well. Then I saw myself in a big mirror and lol'd. This shit was hanging off of me.

I weigh less than I did in high school and my confidence in my body has been at historical lows for the last solid 8 months or so. WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY TELL YOU WILL HAPPEN.

These clothes used to be tight as fuck and now I'm drowning in them and look ridiculous. In my mind, they were a tiny bit baggy, but still fit okay. My image of myself in my mind is like, 75-100 pounds behind where I actually am, and it is fucking weird. I was 1,000 times more confident in my body when I was at my fattest.

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Tl;dr - body image with a quickly changing body is fucking weird and stupid.

I saw myself in a large mirror the other day for the first time in a long time. Like the one in my bathroom shows about half my tits and I see nothing below that. I got rid of my big mirror when I moved last year and haven't *really* seen myself in a full-length mirror in a very long time. Monday I was wearing this shirt (with a shirt underneath), which I thought still fit me pretty well. Then I saw myself in a big mirror and lol'd. This shit was hanging off of me.

I weigh less than I did in high school and my confidence in my body has been at historical lows for the last solid 8 months or so. WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY TELL YOU WILL HAPPEN.

These clothes used to be tight as fuck and now I'm drowning in them and look ridiculous. In my mind, they were a tiny bit baggy, but still fit okay. My image of myself in my mind is like, 75-100 pounds behind where I actually am, and it is fucking weird. I was 1,000 times more confident in my body when I was at my fattest.
    body image issues are SO FUCKING WEIRD. let me know if you ever want/need sometime to vent to. <3

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    I've lost a good amount of weight over the last 2-3 years and I am kind of the opposite where I still feel more comfortable in clothes about a size bigger than I should be wearing. It's weird because I am proud of the progress, don't get me wrong, but when I wear tighter clothes I feel this kinda "trapped" feeling.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-13-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    "Check out this introduction to so-and-so band in 10 records."

Ten? Fucking TEN? How is listening to TEN albums from any musician an "introduction?" If it takes more than ten SONGS to get me casually familiar with a band then gtfo with it. "Yeah, ya know, I listened to ten NIN albums and I'm still not sure if I'm into them or not."
    Last edited by Alrea; 07-15-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    "Check out this introduction to so-and-so band in 10 records."

Ten? Fucking TEN? How is listening to TEN albums from any musician an "introduction?" If it takes more than ten SONGS to get me casually familiar with a band then gtfo with it. "Yeah, ya know, I listened to ten NIN albums and I'm still not sure if I'm into them or not."
    what band was it?!? there aren't that many bands that have more than ten albums unless they've been around for 30 years or they're in the noise/drone genre.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    what band was it?!? there aren't that many bands that have more than ten albums unless they've been around for 30 years or they're in the noise/drone genre.
    It's a recurring series of articles published by The Vinyl Factory, and the one I saw this morning was for the band Mogwai. Admittedly, I'm sure the series is merely intended to give a brief description of a collection of records from a given musician/band rather than "oh yeah listen to these ten records to get a feel for them," but every time I see one of the titles I can't help but roll my eyes, heh.

WELCOME OBLIVION ISN'T EVEN A NINE INCH NAILS ALBUM, DUDES.

https://thevinylfactory.com/features...ls-10-records/

And the first two paragraphs about NTAE aren't even about NTAE. Riveting.
    Last edited by Alrea; 07-15-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    It's a recurring series of articles published by The Vinyl Factory, and the one I saw this morning was for the band Mogwai. Admittedly, I'm sure the series is merely intended to give a brief description of a collection of records from a given musician/band rather than "oh yeah listen to these ten records to get a feel for them," but every time I see one of the titles I can't help but roll my eyes, heh.

WELCOME OBLIVION ISN'T EVEN A NINE INCH NAILS ALBUM, DUDES.

https://thevinylfactory.com/features...ls-10-records/

And the first two paragraphs about NTAE aren't even about NTAE. Riveting.
    mogwai only have 9 albums, including the one that comes out in september, so that doesn't even make sense.

what a weird concept.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    mogwai only have 9 albums, including the one that comes out in september, so that doesn't even make sense.

what a weird concept.
    Agreed. I figure they must mean LITERAL vinyl records...? I dunno. I've seen dozens of them posted online and have only bothered reading the one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My wife and I rent a room in our house out on Air BnB. It's relatively easy money, but I hate having to rush home to clean and prep for a stranger. I voiced this to my wife, and it was like I was a monster. Sorry. I just don't like it. I don't care about the money.

Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Me: I'm sorry, but I can't turn up the audio much louder, or it'll cause permanent hearing damage to the people close to the speakers.

Drunk Woman: TURN IT UUUUUUUP! (in my face)

Me: no. You don't understand... live sound isn't that simple...

Drunk Woman: TURN IT UP! NOW! NOW!!!!! TURN IT UPPPPPP!"

Me: no

Drunk Woman: I wanna hear the, do you know I've been in a band for twenty years?

Me: No... and I'm half your age, been in bands for over 20 years, and I don't care anymore. If you keep talking to me I'm going to have you removed.

Drunk woman: OH?! Well, guess what, I could, uh, mess with your equipment and stuff"

Me: Try. You'll wind up in jail.

Then, I got fed up,

Me: "My dog is dying, right now, I wish I was home with him, and instead, I'm interfacing with you. OK. I cannot express how frustrating that is in a way that you'll get, but GO AWAY. Let me do my job. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm handling this, you should go handle the part you enjoy, and stop bothering me and making the band sound worse because you're fucking up my ability to interact with them.

I wish I was watching Game of Thrones with my dogs today, but instead I'm dealing with your bullshit. Take a step back, slow your fucking roll.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Found out that my boss doesn't like me. I mean I kind of knew it already, in the back of my mind, but it was confirmed on Friday. Seems there are 'people" who have issues with my performance. Doesn't want to name names, and the few examples actually provided are easily disproved as someone taking a narrow view on things. i.e. "this was sent to us with too short a time to respond!" Well yeah, but when you consider the fact that it came in at 8:30 and they want a response by 9:30, why are you blaming me? Also: every time I talk to him about people holding things up for me, he always demands names. When I ask him who are complaining about me, he says "oh I've just heard things." No, it doesn't work that way. You are a petty person who likes to go after people, I don't believe you.

It's rather difficult to want to continue to do my best here but there's a position coming open in a little bit and I just need to not look like a total idiot for the duration. Apparently he's already told people that he doesn't want me to get it.

No one deserves this. I mean, he tells me in one performance eval that "you should be wearing the carpet down from your desk to my office" and then in another eval says that "I just don't know how to talk to you." Yeah, no shit.

I'm seriously considering going to HR and complaining about how this is a hostile work environment.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Document the above as much as humanly possible before you do.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Found out that my boss doesn't like me. I mean I kind of knew it already, in the back of my mind, but it was confirmed on Friday. Seems there are 'people" who have issues with my performance. Doesn't want to name names, and the few examples actually provided are easily disproved as someone taking a narrow view on things. i.e. "this was sent to us with too short a time to respond!" Well yeah, but when you consider the fact that it came in at 8:30 and they want a response by 9:30, why are you blaming me? Also: every time I talk to him about people holding things up for me, he always demands names. When I ask him who are complaining about me, he says "oh I've just heard things." No, it doesn't work that way. You are a petty person who likes to go after people, I don't believe you.

It's rather difficult to want to continue to do my best here but there's a position coming open in a little bit and I just need to not look like a total idiot for the duration. Apparently he's already told people that he doesn't want me to get it.

No one deserves this. I mean, he tells me in one performance eval that "you should be wearing the carpet down from your desk to my office" and then in another eval says that "I just don't know how to talk to you." Yeah, no shit.

I'm seriously considering going to HR and complaining about how this is a hostile work environment.
    "Hostile work environment" is a legal term, and I would urge you to investigate the legal definition before you go to HR with such an accusation.

Practical advice: You'll be seen as the problem instead of your boss, unless he has a documented history; it's unfortunate, but it's the way most companies behave in my experience. Brainstorm what *you* can personally do to alleviate the situation and turn it around, all while you're looking for another job. I know, it sounds like victim-blaming, and I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Honestly, the only solution in this shitty situation lies with you.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    When staffing agencies post job advertisements that appear legit, but they are just a ploy to get your résumé. I swear these people get paid only by how many people they bring in for an interview, not by how many people they successfully place. Because this has happened to me about five times now... They contact me about my résumé that I submitted for a specific position, they bring me in for an interview, they have me send them my availability every week, and then they never contact me with any assignments/ roles.

But whyyyyy?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    "Hostile work environment" is a legal term, and I would urge you to investigate the legal definition before you go to HR with such an accusation.

Practical advice: You'll be seen as the problem instead of your boss, unless he has a documented history; it's unfortunate, but it's the way most companies behave in my experience. Brainstorm what *you* can personally do to alleviate the situation and turn it around, all while you're looking for another job. I know, it sounds like victim-blaming, and I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Honestly, the only solution in this shitty situation lies with you.
    Yeah, I'm hoping that this detail he's on (yeah, he's not even in the building and he's making it hard on me) gets him recognized at a higher level and he stays there. That happens and I'm golden. I love where I work and would really like to stay. Just that one person.

Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    So I recently accepted a position at a company I interviewed for and I'm starting this coming Monday. I am absolutely in love with this company and I cannot wait to start, that being said I received an email from another company today about a job I applied for approximately three weeks ago requesting that I do a phone interview this week. I immediately sent them an email back thanking them for their consideration but I would have to decline as I have recently accepted a position somewhere else. Then just out of curiosity I looked the company up on Glassdoor and this job averages at approximately $90,000 a year in my ZIP Code based on five employees submissions.

I live in the Midwest, the average house cost approximately $180,000 here.

They sent me an email back congratulating me on my new position and said they would pursue their other candidates.

So that was my day .
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-18-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    When you're @'ed and see part of the post but the actual post has been deleted.

Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    When you're @'ed and see part of the post but the actual post has been deleted.

Yeah, allegro replied to my post here and that response was deleted too lol

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    You ever just get really fuckin tired of listening to one person talk all day every day? That's me with my supervisor.

Yeah, hey, guess what, not every silent moment needs to be filled with you talking. Not every moment needs to be made into a joke you've already made. Maybe just let me do something without hovering over my back and talking about more cars or houses you want to buy and not fix. Shit is DRAINING MY SOUL.

Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Doing sound for a gig this weekend that is freaking me out a bit.... It's on another level, thousands in audience, and I'm prepping as best I can to not fuck this up...