Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 5651

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I'll be 33 when I finally finish my undergrad in the spring.
    I got my B.A. at FORTY SEVEN.

I was in Grad school with a guy who was EIGHTY TWO and got his Masters.

In other words, it's never too late; better late than never; each of us has different life circumstances, but don't give up the dream.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    The smoothie king smoothie that I had been drinking 2 or 3 times a week (a large strawberry peanut power plus at 1300 calories) has 188 grams of sugar in it. That’s only 30 grams less than a 2 liter of coke. I JUST FOUND THIS OUT. No wonder my acne has been slowly peeking it’s head back in, fuck that man.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was 31 when I got my bachelors degree in behavioral science. It's never too late.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Why does Windows pull focus on programs? If I'm working in program X, program Y shouldn't be able to say, "Hey look at MEEEEE!!@!" while I'm typing. Wait your turn, dammit!

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Why does Windows pull focus on programs? If I'm working in program X, program Y shouldn't be able to say, "Hey look at MEEEEE!!@!" while I'm typing. Wait your turn, dammit!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The smoothie king smoothie that I had been drinking 2 or 3 times a week (a large strawberry peanut power plus at 1300 calories) has 188 grams of sugar in it. That’s only 30 grams less than a 2 liter of coke. I JUST FOUND THIS OUT. No wonder my acne has been slowly peeking it’s head back in, fuck that man.
    a 1,300 calorie smoothie? are you trying to put on weight?

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    a 1,300 calorie smoothie? are you trying to put on weight?
    Yeah, I don't eat much because i'm never hungry so it's difficult for me to maintain weight/muscle mass unless i'm paying strict attention. So drinking 1300 calories at the beginning of my day is a good way to jump start the day. Before I started doing any gym stuff I weighed 110 pounds at 5'10. I started eating 3500 calories a day and gained 70 pounds in 6 months so now i'm hovering at around 180ish.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Yeah, I don't eat much because i'm never hungry so it's difficult for me to maintain weight/muscle mass unless i'm paying strict attention. So drinking 1300 calories at the beginning of my day is a good way to jump start the day. Before I started doing any gym stuff I weighed 110 pounds at 5'10. I started eating 3500 calories a day and gained 70 pounds in 6 months so now i'm hovering at around 180ish.
    ahh. congrats on the results, then. i weighed 160 (at 6'3") from age 15 to 29, couldn't lose or gain a pound to save my life. my doctors would recommend drinking ensure or several servings of carnation instant breakfast a day, never changed a thing. then i turned 30 and my metabolism was like "later, bitch!".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was interested in someone for about a month, but he kept on flirting with other girls so I lost interest in him.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    seems like amazon.ca doesn't allow you to add family members to your Prime account. what the fuck.

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    seems like amazon.ca doesn't allow you to add family members to your Prime account. what the fuck.
    YOU'RE LIVING IN CANADA, NOW????? Wow, you said you had moved but I didn't realize TO MONTREAL! Congrats!!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    The congrats should go to my wife who is the one who got the job that got us out of the Midwest!

The US sorta slammed the door behind us on the way out, and unentangling our visa situation in order to get back to visit friends and family is proving to be no joke: we now have an attorney on the ca$e.

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    The US sorta slammed the door behind us on the way out, and unentangling our visa situation in order to get back to visit friends and family is proving to be no joke: we now have an attorney on the ca$e.
    Ugh, that sucks. Guess they have to visit YOU and go skiing at Mont Tremblat or something. :-)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think the roommate got a bit salty when i said i didn't want the use the vacuum before he ran it upstairs, then he asked me if knew where it was, like i don't clean my shit ever. I mean i just woke up like 20 mins before and was sitting down to eat. I hadn't been up for hours and had a pot coffee in me. He's not a bad dude but he is a bit of curmudgeon at times, it was like i missed some memo about cleaning day or something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I think the roommate got a bit salty when i said i didn't want the use the vacuum before he ran it upstairs, then he asked me if knew where it was, like i don't clean my shit ever. I mean i just woke up like 20 mins before and was sitting down to eat. I hadn't been up for hours and had a pot coffee in me. He's not a bad dude but he is a bit of curmudgeon at times, it was like i missed some memo about cleaning day or something.
    It could be worse, an old house mate of mine used to check under the sofa's and behind/under furniture to check we'd cleaned to his high standards...and he was a real dick about it.

This is also the same guy that when drunk could no longer find the bathroom and would piss wherever he was...the bathroom was, and i'm not joking here, 2 feet in front of his room. In between was the washing basket, which he pissed in multiple times. I don't regret moving out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In the last 24 hours I have experienced roughly eight hours of flight delays.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I hate the city I live in. Before I moved here, I thought only women could be frigid.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    recording a client's song... and he pulls out the lyric sheet and stares at it when he sings...

NO.

If you don't know the lyrics well enough to sing them without a lyric sheet in front of you, you don't know the song well enough to sing it at the recording phase. FUCK. Are you kidding me?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    my dumb hair always looks best after a hard work day. looks like shit before leaving the house, of course.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I gave up on my hair and cut it off. I had this weird cowlick thing that wouldn't sit down no matter what product I used or what length the hair was. Also it was starting to thin anyway so I just said 'fuck it' and it's gone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I gave up on my hair and cut it off. I had this weird cowlick thing that wouldn't sit down no matter what product I used or what length the hair was. Also it was starting to thin anyway so I just said 'fuck it' and it's gone.
    I used to have a cow lick, irritating as fuck. I glad when i shaved it all off and was rid of it. Hope the new shaved look suits you

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    We'll see. So far at work only one person has done the obvious "I'm not looking at your head but I'm totally looking at your head" thing.

Just need to figure out how to take care of the scalp now.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It's pretty fucked up that your hair grows differently as you age.

Also, when I was born, I had my mom's straighter hair but when I got leukemia at 18 months and my hair fell out, when it came back I had my dad's cowlick ridden mess of hair.

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    One thing that REALLY gets on my nerves is the misuse of the word "literally."

Literally pretty much every day, i hear someone say something like "she LITERALLY ripped my heart in half" or "i laughed so hard, i mean, i like literally died!"
    This is a pet peeve that makes me cringe EVERY FUCKING TIME.

And what's even worse is that i'm afraid it might be too late. Language is fluid, and if the masses use literally in this fashion and only logophiles and bookworms use it the way it's meant to be used, then the meaning changes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here, theoatmeal.com about "literally": :-)
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Literally pretty much every day, i hear someone say something like "she LITERALLY ripped my heart in half" or "i laughed so hard, i mean, i like literally died!"
    If I hear one more person say, "...but, at the end of the day," I'm gonna LITERALLY PUNCH THEM.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    But at the end of the day, I'm literally still use the word definately because it's the greatest word in the English language yo.

What pisses me off: "friends" who remember me only when it suits them. Next time, they are going to get a healthy dose of reality check.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

And what's even worse is that i'm afraid it might be too late. Language is fluid, and if the masses use literally in this fashion and only logophiles and bookworms use it the way it's meant to be used, then the meaning changes.
    You'll be unhappy to know that they already changed the official definition of literally to also mean figuratively quite some time ago. So, yeah. If enough stupid people do stupid things the bar will literally (literally, literally) be lowered.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/literally

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/literally?s=t

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...lish/literally

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

I really need advice on how to wiggle my way out of a request my boyfriend mom sent out in text today asking to help her stuff envelopes.... for her pro-life committee.

I'm guessing "Fuck No" isn't what I should say?

Pissed that after 4 years I've managed to avoid this conversation and thought she was about to quit this work because there was 'too much infighting'.

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tell her you're busy that day with your volunteer shift at Planned Parenthood.