Page 203 of 263 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The amount of uneducated cis people I know that think they’re fucking experts on gender identity and know all there is to know about trans people and that their opinions on someone else’s identity matter in any fucking way, shape or form because they’ve grown up believing everything they think is special and important and worth sharing when in reality they’re all dumbfuck anti-intellectual bigots who won’t be remembered the day their way-too-many-children die

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got called off two hours today at work. I don't need money i guess. I swear in the land of Ten Thousand Lakes and many many seasonal jobs my job is the one where i don't actually get anymore hours come summer. I've been here two years now and i count the weeks I've hit 40 on my two hands, possibly one. I'm trying to be a good boy but this shit just ain't cutting it, I'm not looking for OT or summer 50 even just a solid consistent 40 hours, I would have never thought this would be an issue with he state of the service industry basically begging for cooks across the board. I may go back to the breakfast scene (puke) if that's what it takes to make some money. It wasn't too bad when i was full not giving a fuck about extra bills and stuff most people don't fuck off, now that I'm old i figure i should try and sort some of that shit out but i can't make that work with what I'm getting now.

/rant

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    little things that piss me off

mmm interesting question
    I would say that social media (fb, twitter all that kind of things,youtubers)
    Maybe people
    and
    Life counts as a little thing?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    My friend is moving and keeps bugging his general FB and twitter (and me, directly) for help. Which would be fine, except he's done it multiple times AND hasn't accepted my offer of putting some cash towards a task rabbit, and in response to me saying I had a thing this afternoon (in his old neighborhood) he was like "then you can help us unload the truck there"

..... dude.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    My friend is moving and keeps bugging his general FB and twitter (and me, directly) for help. Which would be fine, except he's done it multiple times AND hasn't accepted my offer of putting some cash towards a task rabbit, and in response to me saying I had a thing this afternoon (in his old neighborhood) he was like "then you can help us unload the truck there"

..... dude.
    sounds like a turd. no one is obligated to help their friends move, and the fact that you were willing to offer money toward taskrabbit is above and beyond what he should expect.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah, he still took the taskrabbit money, too. Which like, that's fine, I offered it, I'm not gonna retract it. But, ugh. This is also a friendship I've tried to gracefully back away from a bit over the years but the dude is similarly diligent about following up to hang out. He's not like, a bad person or anything, but we're just on such different wavelengths when it comes to how we human.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i started my new job on thursday (which is going very well so far). on friday, for the first time in my life, i missed my dad (i had spent the last 13 years working with him, doing the same kind of work), and spent most of the day trying not to cry. it was weird.

last night, my wife and i went out for dinner and, while we had a good time, our waitress screwed up our pizza in not one, not two, but three ways. i hate food going to waste so we just ate it (and i picked all of the fucking lettuce off of it; seriously, who wants LETTUCE on a pizza???), but i think it fucked up my stomach.

i woke up this morning with a sore throat, and i just feel so sad about everything. we went to our niece's 7th b-day party and i felt like an a-hole because i couldn't eat anything and i couldn't really have fun.

now i'm curled up on the couch, starting buffy from the beginning for the 8th or 9th time while my wife walks to the store to get me some mild things to try to eat. which also sucks because it's gorgeous out and all i want to do is ride my bike.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    now i'm curled up on the couch, starting buffy from the beginning for the 8th or 9th time
    But at least there's Buffy.

Miles to go; little miss muffet, counting down from 7-3-0.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "Ummmmm, Hiiiiiii, I aaactually don't have my apaaartment keys becaaaause I have them to aaaa family member soooo they have like access to my apartment buuut I didn't get my keys baaaaack soooo I need someone to let me into my apartartmeeent and if - "

JESUS CHRIST LEAVE THE MESSAGE ALREADY SO I CAN HELP YOU AND GO BACK THE FUCK TO SLEEP.

Just a few more months. Less than four short months until I'm seeing Nine Inch Nails in CO and none of this will be my problem anymore. Goddamn I can't WAIT to not be on call for a job anymore.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    fucking lawn work, man. here's the thing -- my rent is an absolute steal ($750 for a three bedroom, 2 bath, garage, car port, fenced back yard) -- i realize how cheap this is. i've lived on both coasts in major cities, i get it. so this dumb obligation to mow lawns is minor collateral damage. but fucking a, it blows. i just paid a guy $60 who was going door-to-door to take care of all of it. it was worth it, i suppose. it was so overgrown, with literal trees growing EVERYWHERE. a little less stress off my shoulders, but still ...
    Last edited by kel; 06-06-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @kel I would keep paying that guy. That sounds like the answer.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    If you're one of the "Suicide is selfish and disgusting" types who lose all respect for somebody if they kill themselves, you're probably a fucking moron.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    If you're one of the "Suicide is selfish and disgusting" types who lose all respect for somebody if they kill themselves, you're probably a fucking moron.
    I feel the same way about people who say “Just cheer up! Things could be worse!” My brother recently started taking anti-depressants and he is having a hard time with it. My mom keeps telling him it could be worse, he should cheer up! I have to keep reminding him that if his arm was broken, you wouldn’t say, “at least both arms aren’t broken! Ignore it, it’ll be fine!”
    I’ve had my own experience being on anti-depressants for anxiety attacks and it can change your quality of life. Just don’t want him to feel shamed for it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Thanks to the way that credit card fraud systems / auto-billing works, in the time since my card was stolen I've had three new Spotify accounts and a Netflix account created using the numbers of a card that was already canceled and re-issued over a two month span. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna start anymore threads at other websites. I'm done wasting my time. More important things to do.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i got called shelby, colby, kaleb, kirby, kelsey, and kelly today. some more than once. my name is kelby (kel*BEE), two simple fucking syllables, jerks. ugh, happens every time i start a new job. or order coffee. or interact with anyone ever.
    Last edited by kel; 06-15-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the kids of fucking celebrities who think they're due to the same kind of prissy entitled treatment their parents get... seriously, some people live in some crystal bubble that won't get popped until someone clocks them in the mouth.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i got called shelby, colby, kaleb, kirby, kelsey, and kelly today. some more than once. my name is kelby (kel*BEE), two simple fucking syllables, jerks. ugh, happens every time i start a new job. or order coffee. or interact with anyone ever.
    What are you doing out of Ilex Forest??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    6 or 7 years ago my friend was listening to music on his computer talking to his girlfriend on the phone. She said you should put on I want to fuck you like an animal by Nine Inch Nails. Stuff like that.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    What are you doing out of Ilex Forest??
    lol.

(i don't get the reference)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The meme about, if you support abortion sit out the debate on border children. I can't even... I was and still may post it in my buddies shit posting troll meme FB group straight up. As I can't see how that could be real life, yet i know it is.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    About to go join a counter-protest/safety block at a Drag Queen story time reading at my city's library for pride month because there are literal Nazis coming to protest/harass/intimidate people going to it and NOT ON MY WATCH NAZI FUCKS.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    The meme about, if you support abortion sit out the debate on border children. I can't even... I was and still may post it in my buddies shit posting troll meme FB group straight up. As I can't see how that could be real life, yet i know it is.
    That's like saying people who eat meat should sit out of the debate on chemical warfare.

Engaging that shit isn't going to go anywhere constructive... you might as well troll them by saying something like "well, I only support aborting fetuses because it prevents them from possibly winding up in a border cage or getting molested by a Catholic priest."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That's like saying people who eat meat should sit out of the debate on chemical warfare.

Engaging that shit isn't going to go anywhere constructive... you might as well troll them by saying something like "well, I only support aborting fetuses because it prevents them from possibly winding up in a border cage or getting molested by a Catholic priest."

I reposted the first one with this next to it.

https://goo.gl/images/y9FXXN

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Me: "Hey, sorry, my phone died while I was on the job."

Person: "Ohhh. You should charge it."

GEE, FUCKING THANKS.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The fact that people can’t shut the fuck up for the two hours they’re at a show. What could you possibly be talking/yelling about over the band? I promise you no one cares. Shut up and enjoy the show.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    The fact that people can’t shut the fuck up for the two hours they’re at a show. What could you possibly be talking/yelling about over the band? I promise you no one cares. Shut up and enjoy the show.
    I was at a Godspeed You! show and the security guard would NOT shut the fuck up about how much drugs people at the show were taking, and he was shouting the shit the whole time. I even told him "hey, I paid to be here to hear the goddamn show, not listen to you bitch," and he just went "mmmmff..." and then stayed quiet for about 3 minutes.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I was at a Godspeed You! show and the security guard would NOT shut the fuck up about how much drugs people at the show were taking, and he was shouting the shit the whole time. I even told him "hey, I paid to be here to hear the goddamn show, not listen to you bitch," and he just went "mmmmff..." and then stayed quiet for about 3 minutes.
    Should have offered him some of that Special K.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Fuuuuuck sake. My goddamn lunatic cousin has convinced my mom to forgive him and continues to snitch on me about shit that I never should have told him about.

This dude really has it in for me.

I don't know what in the fuck he's scheming, but I have doorbell cam footage of him coming and knocking on the door (and we haven't talked since he tried to kill me.)

Every time I hear something go bump in the night, I'm afraid it's him.

I have a really hard time believing that he actually wants to make up, and the shit I would be forgiving him for is kind of unforgivable.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my job is killing me. i'm so exhausted all the time. i've taken a sick day every week since i started. going from averaging 6-10 hours/week with my dad for almost a year to working 30+ hours/week with no transitional period (while also dealing with crushing depression, insomnia, and such high anxiety that i can barely eat) is destroying me, and i'm afraid i'm going to lose this job.