Page 186 of 263 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    In the last 24 hours I have experienced roughly eight hours of flight delays.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hate the city I live in. Before I moved here, I thought only women could be frigid.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    recording a client's song... and he pulls out the lyric sheet and stares at it when he sings...

NO.

If you don't know the lyrics well enough to sing them without a lyric sheet in front of you, you don't know the song well enough to sing it at the recording phase. FUCK. Are you kidding me?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    my dumb hair always looks best after a hard work day. looks like shit before leaving the house, of course.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I gave up on my hair and cut it off. I had this weird cowlick thing that wouldn't sit down no matter what product I used or what length the hair was. Also it was starting to thin anyway so I just said 'fuck it' and it's gone.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I gave up on my hair and cut it off. I had this weird cowlick thing that wouldn't sit down no matter what product I used or what length the hair was. Also it was starting to thin anyway so I just said 'fuck it' and it's gone.
    I used to have a cow lick, irritating as fuck. I glad when i shaved it all off and was rid of it. Hope the new shaved look suits you

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We'll see. So far at work only one person has done the obvious "I'm not looking at your head but I'm totally looking at your head" thing.

Just need to figure out how to take care of the scalp now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It's pretty fucked up that your hair grows differently as you age.

Also, when I was born, I had my mom's straighter hair but when I got leukemia at 18 months and my hair fell out, when it came back I had my dad's cowlick ridden mess of hair.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    One thing that REALLY gets on my nerves is the misuse of the word "literally."

Literally pretty much every day, i hear someone say something like "she LITERALLY ripped my heart in half" or "i laughed so hard, i mean, i like literally died!"
    This is a pet peeve that makes me cringe EVERY FUCKING TIME.

And what's even worse is that i'm afraid it might be too late. Language is fluid, and if the masses use literally in this fashion and only logophiles and bookworms use it the way it's meant to be used, then the meaning changes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here, theoatmeal.com about "literally": :-)
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Literally pretty much every day, i hear someone say something like "she LITERALLY ripped my heart in half" or "i laughed so hard, i mean, i like literally died!"
    If I hear one more person say, "...but, at the end of the day," I'm gonna LITERALLY PUNCH THEM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    But at the end of the day, I'm literally still use the word definately because it's the greatest word in the English language yo.

What pisses me off: "friends" who remember me only when it suits them. Next time, they are going to get a healthy dose of reality check.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

And what's even worse is that i'm afraid it might be too late. Language is fluid, and if the masses use literally in this fashion and only logophiles and bookworms use it the way it's meant to be used, then the meaning changes.
    You'll be unhappy to know that they already changed the official definition of literally to also mean figuratively quite some time ago. So, yeah. If enough stupid people do stupid things the bar will literally (literally, literally) be lowered.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/literally

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/literally?s=t

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...lish/literally

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

I really need advice on how to wiggle my way out of a request my boyfriend mom sent out in text today asking to help her stuff envelopes.... for her pro-life committee.

I'm guessing "Fuck No" isn't what I should say?

Pissed that after 4 years I've managed to avoid this conversation and thought she was about to quit this work because there was 'too much infighting'.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tell her you're busy that day with your volunteer shift at Planned Parenthood.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    A DMV appointment got completely blown due to them being closed several days after our hurricane here in FL. There was no email about them closing, and an automatic appointment reminder was even sent to me -- showing up on time to a shut building despite power being back up, the appointment still saying set and no notice on the door was a special kind of frustrating, and it took me 3 weeks to get this appointment even (they've been backlogged for ages), so who knows when they'll get me in next?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    A DMV appointment got completely blown due to them being closed several days after our hurricane here in FL. There was no email about them closing, and an automatic appointment reminder was even sent to me -- showing up on time to a shut building despite power being back up, the appointment still saying set and no notice on the door was a special kind of frustrating, and it took me 3 weeks to get this appointment even (they've been backlogged for ages), so who knows when they'll get me in next?
    oh that REALLY fucking sucks. I'm sorry. :/

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    You'll be unhappy to know that they already changed the official definition of literally to also mean figuratively quite some time ago. So, yeah. If enough stupid people do stupid things the bar will literally (literally, literally) be lowered.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/literally

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/literally?s=t

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...lish/literally
    oh, for fuck's sake.
    GodDAMNIT.

The meaning of the word will never change in my mind. Goddamnit. This is infuriating.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-14-2017 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    What pisses me off: "friends" who remember me only when it suits them. Next time, they are going to get a healthy dose of reality check.
    Those types of people also seem to be the same exact types that have little to no concern about leaving you to constantly search and wait for them. Some of them even have a regular habit of cancelling at the very last minute, or always claim to be unsure, oblivious and say maybe to all sorts of plans and invitations, sometimes even to the point of just having you wait for nothing at all.

However, I understand that saying no can be very awkward too, since people can get disappointed even if you are tactful and direct. Or they're just busy or uninterested, and it also just puts people on the spot. Thank you for somehow indirectly helping me finally see the connection between the two. Those seem to be some signs to look out for.

This also reminds me of some of the other reasons as to why one can end up alone due to circumstance, even while actually making the effort to put one's self out there. I guess that's why I've been often told that making and keeping friends doesn't really need a push at all times. No wonder why it truly is more of a go with the flow thing, with you either simply clicking or not.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-14-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    "females"
    without fail, it ALWAYS makes me think of Ferengi on star trek

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

why not London!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    "Christians" who boil Christianity down to
    1. Vote Republican
    2. Hate "Fags"
    and
    3. John 3:16 and accepting Jesus Christ as your "personal savior" (a phrase that occurs precisely ZERO times in the Bible.)

It infuriates me to no end that there even IS a "Religious Right."
    These "christians" advocate the PRECISE FUCKING OPPOSITE of what Jesus was saying and make me fucking scared to say that i follow the teachings of christ (love, charity, compassion, forgiveness,) lest they think it means i'm a gun toting homophobic xenophobic republican who wants to deny people food stamps and healthcare.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Christians" who boil Christianity down to
    1. Vote Republican
    2. Hate "Fags"
    and
    3. John 3:16 and accepting Jesus Christ as your "personal savior" (a phrase that occurs precisely ZERO times in the Bible.)

It infuriates me to no end that there even IS a "Religious Right."
    These "christians" advocate the PRECISE FUCKING OPPOSITE of what Jesus was saying and make me fucking scared to say that i follow the teachings of christ (love, charity, compassion, forgiveness,) lest they think it means i'm a gun toting homophobic xenophobic republican who wants to deny people food stamps and healthcare.
    Matthew 22: 35-40

Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    matthew 22: 35-40
    amen

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Staying up late making Sushi for lunch...and remembering i left it in the fridge when i'm halfway to work. No lunch for me today.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So my Google Chrome has decided that ETS is a "Dangerous" site and every time i click on a thread or notification i'm greeted with a red screen insisting i leave and not be here before i have to jump through hoops just to get to said thread...

Alrighty then.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    besides the people i LET use my hulu account (my best friend justine in connecticut, my friends alex & tiff who live here, and my mom), someone has been using my account, on my profile (my mom and justine each have their own profiles) and making it so i can't watch. just purged all the devices i didn't recognize and changed the password. so fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's an individual here who says that she wants US to find HER a new job and to send her resume off for her. Not only that, but she FOUND some jobs she wants us to apply to for her. Like, bitch, take your sorry ass over to their website and click "submit" just like everyone else has to do.

Oh and she also has "functional limitations that prevent her from high stress work or duties that may expose her to information about traumatic events that individuals may have experienced" and she wants to apply to jobs like a Patient Relations Assistant and Patient Representative. Oh, you don't think the patients will want to talk about why they're in the hospital? Or that when you review their files to see why they need a patient rep you won't see anything that's traumatic?

One guy - not here, just saw this through the grapevine - was looking for a job that didn't require him to sit for too long. Or stand for too long. Or walk too much. I mean ffs.

I can't tell if I'm irrationally angry about this or not.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    look I'm a fan of conspiracy theories as the next guy, if there is some basis in reality, but one I heard today made my jaw drop, the left is using Harp, to promote a climate change agenda and sabotage the Trump presidency,OK, I'll let you go back to snorting chem-trails, you might want to double up on your next order, of Alex Jones brain supliments
    -Louie

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I could never hear another song by The Lumineers or Mumford and Sons, I'd be completely cool with that.

Jesus, does every song sound exactly the same to me.