Page 177 of 263 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Sorry, yeah a douche smashed my back glass when I was in an escape room the other night. Left my laptop but stole my wife's wristlet with $1 in it.
    i got my rear windshield smashed a few years ago the night i had my b-day party in logan square. it was parked outside sarah's old apartment (where i had parked a bunch of times before with no issue). no other cars got anything smashed, they didn't smash any of my other windows, and they left my tool belt (literally they didn't take anything, they just smashed the rear windshield). i had almost the same price points so we just paid for the window.

lesson: people are dicks, but they're also really dumb.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Supposedly my boss got arrested by the FBI.

lol someone hire me thx

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i got my rear windshield smashed a few years ago the night i had my b-day party in logan square. it was parked outside sarah's old apartment (where i had parked a bunch of times before with no issue). no other cars got anything smashed, they didn't smash any of my other windows, and they left my tool belt (literally they didn't take anything, they just smashed the rear windshield). i had almost the same price points so we just paid for the window.

lesson: people are dicks, but they're also really dumb.
    Well I at least sleep well knowing their lives are tough and they struggle to get by on a day to day basis.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Supposedly my boss got arrested by the FBI.

lol someone hire me thx
    Holy shit. If it's the boss with the cool dog, I hope the cool dog has a good home to go to.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This constant teasing on Facebook about my window getting bashed in + me getting fucked out of getting a Nintendo switch because of it is really getting old. I get it, the car I absolutely adore got vandalized, I get it - the thing I've been going from store to store for 2 weeks trying to find is now out the window because of it. Laugh at me some more.

fuck

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    This constant teasing on Facebook about my window getting bashed in + me getting fucked out of getting a Nintendo switch because of it is really getting old. I get it, the car I absolutely adore got vandalized, I get it - the thing I've been going from store to store for 2 weeks trying to find is now out the window because of it. Laugh at me some more.

fuck
    :: hug ::

sorry, dude.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    :: hug ::

sorry, dude.
    I'm a drunk overly sensitive baby. I'll harden up again in the morning lol

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

fuck
    I was just trying to make you laugh.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    When I detected some people already have the "physical component", I stopped coming here. Now I still don't have it, don't know what it is (yet), but I have 163 unread threads and I missed you. :-)

Also, fuck incompetent managers capable only of reply-all, fuck you.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It is the boss with the dog, but I am much, much more concerned with the couple of dozen of construction workers who live in Trump's America, and what their fate will be.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Fair point for sure. I just remembered that adorable dog. I hope all of you find employment sooner than later.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

fuck
    hahahaha what happened?!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    hahahaha what happened?!
    My car got broken into and everyone is being a cunt about it lol

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'll harden up again in the morning
    name of your sex tape ;0

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    name of your sex tape ;0

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Lately I've been unable to watch a movie or TV show without thinking about the person sitting at the craft services table or holding the boom mike and just thinking, "Jesus Christ, these people get paid to do this? They look like idiots." because of what I'm sure the scene looks like before filters and CGI are added. It's really taking the enjoyment out of them for me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    My car got broken into and everyone is being a cunt about it lol
    What did they take?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What did they take?
    My innocence

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    My innocence

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    My innocence
    I did that first.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I don't know if i posted anything about this before, but i've been having hell with insurance bullshit. The marketplace agreed to cover us if we paid our first month's premium; BCBS accepted a payment of $1100 dollars from us and then claimed that, "aw, gee, your application just isn't showing up on our system! Sorry, nothing we can do about it! ANything else we can 'help' you with?" Meanwhile my wife had all those seizures and had to have an at-home test for which we paid $5000 cash.
    I spent fucking HOURS on conference calls between Blue Cross and the marketplace trying to straighten this shit out. It was so fucking draining.
    Okay, so TODAY i received a fucking letter from Blue Cross that says that our insurance will start on April 1 if i send them $65 dollars. I was so happy. And i called to make sure the policy covered my wife too.
    And, again, they are "sorry, but it isn't showing up on their system." THEY SENT ME THE FUCKING LETTER. GODDAMNIT.
    They told me to call the marketplace and have them resend the application which should arrive "in a month," and by that time, they will have denied me for not paying the first month's premium.

I hate this fucking country sometimes. I really, really do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I don't know if i posted anything about this before, but i've been having hell with insurance bullshit. The marketplace agreed to cover us if we paid our first month's premium; BCBS accepted a payment of $1100 dollars from us and then claimed that, "aw, gee, your application just isn't showing up on our system! Sorry, nothing we can do about it! ANything else we can 'help' you with?" Meanwhile my wife had all those seizures and had to have an at-home test for which we paid $5000 cash.
    I spent fucking HOURS on conference calls between Blue Cross and the marketplace trying to straighten this shit out. It was so fucking draining.
    Okay, so TODAY i received a fucking letter from Blue Cross that says that our insurance will start on April 1 if i send them $65 dollars. I was so happy. And i called to make sure the policy covered my wife too.
    And, again, they are "sorry, but it isn't showing up on their system." THEY SENT ME THE FUCKING LETTER. GODDAMNIT.
    They told me to call the marketplace and have them resend the application which should arrive "in a month," and by that time, they will have denied me for not paying the first month's premium.

I hate this fucking country sometimes. I really, really do.
    I feel you with insurance and I am sorry about your situation. When my wife was pregnant, we wne to her OB/GYN. They sat us down and lectured us about how payments were to be, and to pay up front for the 9 months of visits. So, we did, they had been there for YEARS. Well, shortly after, they were "bought out" and our money would be applied to the bills that would show up throughout. You can see where this is going probably, but to further F us about, the buying company, got bought out by the local hospital. So double buy out, numerous outsourced companies involved in the insurance and finance companies. We lost lots of money, but due to location, we were SOL with choices. Our other choice was a hospital with a nearly 90% cesarean rate. We wanted and were promised that without complication I'd be there, cut the cord, etc. I got to but it was an unpleasant scenario. Without our HSA company to prove receipts of payments to company 1, we were being triple billed. All 3 were coming at us saying no payments. All 3 would loop us back to the prior.. Funny thing is the OB doctor's wife was the CFO of both company 1 and 2. Very suspect. Its crap like that that make movies like Falling Down and Its the Rage seem like viable options.

Aside from insurance, accountability and quality control are killing me lately. I am a movie addict, love Blu-rays/DVDs. Its petty, but so many production errors and the hassle to get them fixed. I'll give an example.
    USA film company- Releases product with audio way out of sync. Company tells you, its your firmware/software/player... no issue on their end even though every pro-reviewer mentions it. Or pay to send it back or mail in your receipts 6 months later to fix it, as if people keep their receipts for everything. I get the need for proof, but if you take 6 months to acknowledge a problem, give a free exchange program.
    UK film company- Movie is released with errors. Reviewer calls them out, they publicly address it, fix it and send replacements to those who ordered through them. If not through them, email them a pic of receipt/online order. If gift, send pic of disc with black marker scribble on it.
    Japanese company- public apology, sends replacement free, has amazon.jp send replacement to you if ordered there. Amazon coupon for 5$ off next order, company coupon for 1/2 off another product.
    Car dealers here in the States are another place that need to be cleansed with fire. While sitting for 8 hours to leave unresolved, a guy comes in with his truck, everyone there is diagnosing this, his driveshaft is wobbling and thunking loudly enough to be heard in the waiting area. Dealer claims they can not hear it. For the first positive experience at a Florida car dealer, about 10 people got up and yelled at the service manager, to watch his truck and listen, he fixed it but claimed he was told of AC noise. Even if so, feeling that and hearing that driveshaft should have warranted telling the owner. You can go to a dealer with a 2 day old air filter and they'll try to sell you a new one becaue its dirty.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finality893 View Post
    I feel you with insurance and I am sorry about your situation. When my wife was pregnant, we wne to her OB/GYN. They sat us down and lectured us about how payments were to be, and to pay up front for the 9 months of visits. So, we did, they had been there for YEARS. Well, shortly after, they were "bought out" and our money would be applied to the bills that would show up throughout. You can see where this is going probably, but to further F us about, the buying company, got bought out by the local hospital. So double buy out, numerous outsourced companies involved in the insurance and finance companies. We lost lots of money, but due to location, we were SOL with choices. Our other choice was a hospital with a nearly 90% cesarean rate. We wanted and were promised that without complication I'd be there, cut the cord, etc. I got to but it was an unpleasant scenario. Without our HSA company to prove receipts of payments to company 1, we were being triple billed. All 3 were coming at us saying no payments. All 3 would loop us back to the prior.. Funny thing is the OB doctor's wife was the CFO of both company 1 and 2. Very suspect. Its crap like that that make movies like Falling Down and Its the Rage seem like viable options.

Aside from insurance, accountability and quality control are killing me lately. I am a movie addict, love Blu-rays/DVDs. Its petty, but so many production errors and the hassle to get them fixed. I'll give an example.
    USA film company- Releases product with audio way out of sync. Company tells you, its your firmware/software/player... no issue on their end even though every pro-reviewer mentions it. Or pay to send it back or mail in your receipts 6 months later to fix it, as if people keep their receipts for everything. I get the need for proof, but if you take 6 months to acknowledge a problem, give a free exchange program.
    UK film company- Movie is released with errors. Reviewer calls them out, they publicly address it, fix it and send replacements to those who ordered through them. If not through them, email them a pic of receipt/online order. If gift, send pic of disc with black marker scribble on it.
    Japanese company- public apology, sends replacement free, has amazon.jp send replacement to you if ordered there. Amazon coupon for 5$ off next order, company coupon for 1/2 off another product.
    Car dealers here in the States are another place that need to be cleansed with fire. While sitting for 8 hours to leave unresolved, a guy comes in with his truck, everyone there is diagnosing this, his driveshaft is wobbling and thunking loudly enough to be heard in the waiting area. Dealer claims they can not hear it. For the first positive experience at a Florida car dealer, about 10 people got up and yelled at the service manager, to watch his truck and listen, he fixed it but claimed he was told of AC noise. Even if so, feeling that and hearing that driveshaft should have warranted telling the owner. You can go to a dealer with a 2 day old air filter and they'll try to sell you a new one becaue its dirty.
    "It's alllllll bullshit, folks. And it's bad for ya."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i have hyper-realistic dreams on a regular basis. last night's started out that way and eventually shifted to something more fantastical, but not before my brain decided to replace my best friend with someone i had feelings for for YEARS but who sexually assaulted me a month or so after i was raped, but i somehow continued to have feelings for after. (bonus - she was also in love with my best friend and tried to have a relationship with her, but my best friend wasn't really emotionally equipped to be in a relationship with her)

so, yeah...i feel pretty fucked up today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my main musical collaborator and i just released a new single, but it is SO HARD to get people to pay attention to music online. there's just so much of it.

i released a single last friday and i think, like, six people have listened to it. and i'm using it to raise money for Center On Halsted, which helps LGBTQ youth in chicago.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My supervisor is always talking about his bad credit rating. Then he gets calls from collectors and says "nope, I don't answer creditors or debt collectors because once the original party you owe money to gives your info to collections, you legally don't have to pay them back because the original debt no longer exists and it's going to someone else." Fucking idiot.

He also has 4 broken cars, 5 kids, and has needed rides all week because it rained and his windshield leaks. He lives 6 miles from work. I live one block from work. That means when I have to get him I have to drive for an extra half hour clear out of my way every morning and don't get to come home for half an hour later than usual. Not to mention he doesn't have a ride at lunch break, NEVER brings a lunch from home, and always pulls out "hey man can we go eat somewhere or can you take me to the gas station?" I AM NOT YOUR KEEPER. I will take MY break and enjoy it from the comfort of my home. People that start making their problems into other people's problems enfuriate me.

You know when I learned how to make my own food and make sure I had transportation/was willing to walk to a place I had to be? Fucking grade school.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Time to turn the volume down again.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    HA HA Very funny motherfuckers.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    not that it actually pisses me off, but it's strange. lurk much?: There are currently 211 users online. 8 members and 203 guests

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Allergies. God damn but I hate this time of year.