Page 2 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Coming back from the store, dropping a bag of groceries on the ground, breaking something and having to go right back to the store to buy it again. Dammit.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Coming back from the store, dropping a bag of groceries on the ground, breaking something and having to go right back to the store to buy it again. Dammit.
    I did this with three bottles of wine. Hate when that happens.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I did this with three bottles of wine. Hate when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Simpsons
    SUCK IT OUT OF THE SHAG!!!
    tencharacterlimit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The voice acting for Batman in The Dark Knight Returns is appalling.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    The voice acting for Batman in The Dark Knight Returns is appalling.
    Robocop does not approve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a mouse in my house. Seen em' twice & just had almost experienced this thing shooting up the leg of my sweats. Had a ziploc of vitamins that my mom gave me to try & it chewed the bag & took the majority of them. This thing must be huge! Anyway, the trap is finally set & I'm having a few beverages while waiting for a 'SNAP' ...and the Federer/Tsonga match.

Fucking mouse.

Penfold is actually a Mole. I did not know that.
    Last edited by Stereo75; 01-23-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OH SNAP!!!

(I'm gonna go look.)

FUCK YEAH!!! Victory is mine.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I was hanging out with a friend of mine tonight who I used to work with and found out that a former co-worker of mine died of cancer a few weeks ago. She was only 25.

I just can't even wrap my mind about that. She was a super sweet person. I don't think she had ever had an unkind word to say about anyone. Apparently she was diagnosed last summer and died within six months. 25 is way, way too young to die.

Anyway, it wasn't like I was particularly close with her or anything, but it was still really sad. Apparently a bunch of people from my old work really went out of their way to spend a lot of time with her in the last months. My friend was saying that her biggest fear was to die alone and they really went out of their way to make sure that she didn't. That is awesome. But, man. That just shocked and saddened me greatly.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

My train hit someone and I've been stuck on it for an hour now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    My train hit someone and I've been stuck on it for an hour now.
    It's the first part of the sentence that pisses you off, right? Right?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by Elke View Post
    It's the first part of the sentence that pisses you off, right? Right?
    No, both things are bad. One being massively bad doesn't mean the other one stops being bad.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Can't wait until work moves from old manky office with unisex toilets and horrible last cleaned ten years ago PC's to new offices!!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Having to do presentations. I'm exhausted and I still have to type up these slides for first thing in the morning. At least it's the weekend for me tomorrow!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Why in the FUCK are those weak-ass children next door singing Christmas carols???

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    so i went on a date today, and all was going well, until her and i started talking about our families. she couldn't grasp that i have a sister 11 years younger than i, but i do not know my father. "she is adopted" i tell her. i proceed to tell this woman how proud i am of her (head of her class, on the student council, straight A's, general overachiever shit) when she says, and i quote....

"but she's adopted though, right? shes not REALLY your sister"

this is how i felt:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    so i went on a date today, and all was going well, until her and i started talking about our families. she couldn't grasp that i have a sister 11 years younger than i, but i do not know my father. "she is adopted" i tell her. i proceed to tell this woman how proud i am of her (head of her class, on the student council, straight A's, general overachiever shit) when she says, and i quote....

"but she's adopted though, right? shes not REALLY your sister"

this is how i felt:
    I was working briefly for a moving company and we were hauling a heavy dresser into this rich woman's house. We decided to pull out the drawers to make the thing lighter and asked where we should put them, to which her reply was:
    "Oh, you can put them in my daughter's room. Well, she's not REALLY my daughter, she's my step-daughter."
    Blew me away, all I could think was "You... you had to clarify that to the MOVERS?! You must really love your not-daughter."

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    im now extra proud of my sister for no reason to spite that bitch.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh, boy. The hot water heater for my apartment building broke. "No time frame" on when it will be fixed, according to the letter they taped to my door. I took a lukewarm shower today and the only reason it wasn't freezing was probably because I didn't jump in a shower until mid-morning. But tomorrow, when I'm jumping in a shower at four in the morning? That is going to be coooooold.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @theruiner bucket+kettle+cold water top-up. +measuring jug to scoop it up and wash yourself with.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The new management at the apartment complex.

Last month a letter was sent out to all residents reminding them to pick up a new parking permit sticker for their vehicles. The letter stated that the towing company they've hired will boot or tow vehicles that either have expired registration tags, are broken down or have a flat tire. The purpose of this is to clean up the parking lots. Nowhere in the letter does it say vehicles would be booted or towed because of permit stickers. Today, I go outside to leave only to discover that my back driver's side tire has a fucking boot on it and a note attached saying that my vehicle has been booted because I do not have a parking permit sticker. I do have a sticker, I just have chosen not to permanently attach it to my wind shield because it's a huge ass, bright orange sticker. The sticker must have fallen on the floor, so when the tow company was inspecting all vehicles this morning, they must not have seen it. So now I'm waiting on them to remove the boot because they received "miscommunication" from the leasing office. I keep my vehicle in working order and pay my rent on time every month, so why don't you go after the residents who don't comply by lease rules, okay?

Between this and what happened right after Christmas, in which I was without power for nearly a week and nobody from the leasing office toured the complex to check in on residents, I am fed up with this place.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, you've got to get out of there, Orestes (when you can). That sounds awful.

I also refuse to put the parking sticker in my window because I don't want to have to look at it all the time. My OCD would drive me insane. Fortunately, my place isn't really strict about it.

So...my hot water is back but now I'm waiting for a maintenance person to come by and fix the leak on my toilet. I think it might actually be leaking from two different places, too. They're supposed to be here by 5 and it's 4:13 now. Getting nervous.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Day 2 of quitting smoking. I'm thinking of maybe just not leaving my room today.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^That's rough, dude. Hang in there.

My complaint is going to sound so incredibly petty compared to that (actually, it would have, anyway), but...

NAIL POLISH Y U NO STAY ON MY TOES?!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    NAIL POLISH Y U NO STAY ON MY TOES?!!
    CLEAR COAT. Or industrial strength varnish...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    "I'm sayin' that Tru-coat, you don't get it you got oxidation.."

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Yeah, I'm using that. I don't know. I think I'm probably scraping them on things.

The worse thing is that I suck at putting nail polish on. I've been trying for years. It always looks like crap. I've had a few different friends explain it to me, give me tips, etc. I've looked up Youtube videos, I'd read stuff on the internets, I just can't get it right.

Oh, well. I'm the only one that sees it. For now, at least.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Girl I was seeing last year put alternating pink and black polish on my fingernails one time for fun, and that shit lasted for like 2 weeks!!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm using that. I don't know. I think I'm probably scraping them on things.

The worse thing is that I suck at putting nail polish on. I've been trying for years. It always looks like crap. I've had a few different friends explain it to me, give me tips, etc. I've looked up Youtube videos, I'd read stuff on the internets, I just can't get it right.

Oh, well. I'm the only one that sees it. For now, at least.
    If nail polish is too hard, then try these.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I've seen those! I'll have to try them sometime. At some point I really want to figure out how to do this right. But in the meantime those would be helpful. Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Those conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook are offensive. Those people are no better than the Westboro church.
    Oh god, I met someone who watched those videos and was very passionately describing it all to us. It was disgusting how excited he was and how well he was at regurgitating the bullshit. I asked him who made the videos and he said "People who care." I asked, "No, specifically who made this?" and then he got real defensive, "Oh I don't know, it's not like I'm friends with these people." He was talking about how he thinks "America is wisening up and doing the research." I had to retain myself from pointing out how he didn't bother to research the people behind the bullshit. I wanted to punch him so badly. This was the second time I've met someone who believed a conspiracy theory. The first time it was my boyfriend who talked about 9/11 conspiracy theories while stoned. (I broke up with him the next day, for other reasons as well of course.)
    Last edited by halloween; 02-05-2013 at 09:56 PM.