Page 206 of 211 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 6321

Thread: The little things that piss you off

  1. #6151
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    If you're one of the "Suicide is selfish and disgusting" types who lose all respect for somebody if they kill themselves, you're probably a fucking moron.
    I feel the same way about people who say “Just cheer up! Things could be worse!” My brother recently started taking anti-depressants and he is having a hard time with it. My mom keeps telling him it could be worse, he should cheer up! I have to keep reminding him that if his arm was broken, you wouldn’t say, “at least both arms aren’t broken! Ignore it, it’ll be fine!”
    I’ve had my own experience being on anti-depressants for anxiety attacks and it can change your quality of life. Just don’t want him to feel shamed for it.

  2. #6152
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,822
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Thanks to the way that credit card fraud systems / auto-billing works, in the time since my card was stolen I've had three new Spotify accounts and a Netflix account created using the numbers of a card that was already canceled and re-issued over a two month span. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

  3. #6153
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Hell's Bells
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna start anymore threads at other websites. I'm done wasting my time. More important things to do.

  4. #6154
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,643
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    i got called shelby, colby, kaleb, kirby, kelsey, and kelly today. some more than once. my name is kelby (kel*BEE), two simple fucking syllables, jerks. ugh, happens every time i start a new job. or order coffee. or interact with anyone ever.
    Last edited by kel; 06-15-2018 at 07:44 PM.

  5. #6155
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,566
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    the kids of fucking celebrities who think they're due to the same kind of prissy entitled treatment their parents get... seriously, some people live in some crystal bubble that won't get popped until someone clocks them in the mouth.

  6. #6156
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i got called shelby, colby, kaleb, kirby, kelsey, and kelly today. some more than once. my name is kelby (kel*BEE), two simple fucking syllables, jerks. ugh, happens every time i start a new job. or order coffee. or interact with anyone ever.
    What are you doing out of Ilex Forest??

  7. #6157
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    6 or 7 years ago my friend was listening to music on his computer talking to his girlfriend on the phone. She said you should put on I want to fuck you like an animal by Nine Inch Nails. Stuff like that.

  8. #6158
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,643
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    What are you doing out of Ilex Forest??
    lol.

    (i don't get the reference)

  9. #6159
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    1,211
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The meme about, if you support abortion sit out the debate on border children. I can't even... I was and still may post it in my buddies shit posting troll meme FB group straight up. As I can't see how that could be real life, yet i know it is.

  10. #6160
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    2,188
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    About to go join a counter-protest/safety block at a Drag Queen story time reading at my city's library for pride month because there are literal Nazis coming to protest/harass/intimidate people going to it and NOT ON MY WATCH NAZI FUCKS.

  11. #6161
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,566
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    The meme about, if you support abortion sit out the debate on border children. I can't even... I was and still may post it in my buddies shit posting troll meme FB group straight up. As I can't see how that could be real life, yet i know it is.
    That's like saying people who eat meat should sit out of the debate on chemical warfare.

    Engaging that shit isn't going to go anywhere constructive... you might as well troll them by saying something like "well, I only support aborting fetuses because it prevents them from possibly winding up in a border cage or getting molested by a Catholic priest."

  12. #6162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    1,211
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That's like saying people who eat meat should sit out of the debate on chemical warfare.

    Engaging that shit isn't going to go anywhere constructive... you might as well troll them by saying something like "well, I only support aborting fetuses because it prevents them from possibly winding up in a border cage or getting molested by a Catholic priest."


    I reposted the first one with this next to it.

    https://goo.gl/images/y9FXXN

  13. #6163
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Me: "Hey, sorry, my phone died while I was on the job."

    Person: "Ohhh. You should charge it."

    GEE, FUCKING THANKS.

  14. #6164
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The fact that people can’t shut the fuck up for the two hours they’re at a show. What could you possibly be talking/yelling about over the band? I promise you no one cares. Shut up and enjoy the show.

  15. #6165
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,566
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    The fact that people can’t shut the fuck up for the two hours they’re at a show. What could you possibly be talking/yelling about over the band? I promise you no one cares. Shut up and enjoy the show.
    I was at a Godspeed You! show and the security guard would NOT shut the fuck up about how much drugs people at the show were taking, and he was shouting the shit the whole time. I even told him "hey, I paid to be here to hear the goddamn show, not listen to you bitch," and he just went "mmmmff..." and then stayed quiet for about 3 minutes.

  16. #6166
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I was at a Godspeed You! show and the security guard would NOT shut the fuck up about how much drugs people at the show were taking, and he was shouting the shit the whole time. I even told him "hey, I paid to be here to hear the goddamn show, not listen to you bitch," and he just went "mmmmff..." and then stayed quiet for about 3 minutes.
    Should have offered him some of that Special K.

  17. #6167
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,440
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Fuuuuuck sake. My goddamn lunatic cousin has convinced my mom to forgive him and continues to snitch on me about shit that I never should have told him about.

    This dude really has it in for me.

    I don't know what in the fuck he's scheming, but I have doorbell cam footage of him coming and knocking on the door (and we haven't talked since he tried to kill me.)

    Every time I hear something go bump in the night, I'm afraid it's him.

    I have a really hard time believing that he actually wants to make up, and the shit I would be forgiving him for is kind of unforgivable.

  18. #6168
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,429
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    my job is killing me. i'm so exhausted all the time. i've taken a sick day every week since i started. going from averaging 6-10 hours/week with my dad for almost a year to working 30+ hours/week with no transitional period (while also dealing with crushing depression, insomnia, and such high anxiety that i can barely eat) is destroying me, and i'm afraid i'm going to lose this job.

  19. #6169
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my job is killing me. i'm so exhausted all the time. i've taken a sick day every week since i started. going from averaging 6-10 hours/week with my dad for almost a year to working 30+ hours/week with no transitional period (while also dealing with crushing depression, insomnia, and such high anxiety that i can barely eat) is destroying me, and i'm afraid i'm going to lose this job.
    I feel for ya, man. I'm in a similar place with MY job (as I'm sure I've made apparent in this thread, heh) and for reason after reason, I get closer and closer every day to just up and leaving. I don't think I ever would, but every day has something new to nudge me. I recently had a talk with my parents and they agree - I need an out. This job has beaten my mental health to a pulp, I'm always anxious, always angry, always cynical. I used to be the kind of person who was never, EVER, angry. And if I was a certainly wouldn't show it. But anymore I give so few fucks that I have to hold myself back a little bit before I either do/say something brash, haha. Then I come home and don't want to do anything because I am just fucking exhausted and frustrated. I don't have the energy to put into myself anymore.

    Yesterday, a resident informed us that "she had a small leak under her dishwasher last night, but didn't want to call after hours and bother us about it" - which is great, if you're going to turn off the water supply that it's coming from and clean up the water. But when you just SAY NOTHING and then let it drip...drip...and drip...suddenly, I have to deal with an entirely flooded kitchen and half the living room.

    She put down 40 fucking potty pads for DOGS on the floor and just left them there. Saturated with water. Just sitting for 12 hours. And now not only is her stuff damaged and her carpet/tile just PACKED with water underneath, but we have to run dehumidifiers and fans for the whole weekend and check it 2-3 times a day to make sure she's emptying the tank for the dehumidifier like she's supposed to. All because you didn't want to make a phone call, lady. So helpful.

  20. #6170
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,440
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Yeah @ImTheWiseJanitor , this job seems to have been fucking you up for a hot minute.
    @eversonpoe I hope you get through this, but maybe it isn't right for you? Idk. I've had jobs that I was excited about that I wound up just not being able to handle.
    Like switching from doing 8 hour evening shifts as a CNA/caregiver at a nursing home to 12s at a critical wound care/respiratory hospital- that shit was just NOT for me. The pay was better but good god, it was SO much harder and, add an hour to the 12 for charting and an hour each way for the bus ride and it wound up being fucking 15 total. It became my whole life. I hated it so much that it ultimately ended my career in healthcare.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-22-2018 at 02:18 PM.

  21. #6171
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,429
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah @ImTheWiseJanitor , this job seems to have been fucking you up for a hot minute.
    @eversonpoe I hope you get through this, but maybe it isn't right for you? Idk. I've had jobs that I was excited about that I wound up just not being able to handle.
    Like switching from doing 8 hour evening shifts as a CNA/caregiver at a nursing home to 12s at a critical wound care/respiratory hospital- that shit was just NOT for me. The pay was better but good god, it was SO much harder and, add an hour to the 12 for charting and an hour each way for the bus ride and it wound up being fucking 15 total. It became my whole life. I hated it so much that it ultimately ended my career in healthcare.
    it's frustrating because i like the actual work, and i'm really good at my job (since i've basically been doing this sort of stuff my whole life), it's just the hours that are destroying me.

    i have a meeting with the VP on monday to talk about how i'm settling in to the job and i'm going to see if he's receptive to having me just work four days a week instead of five. idunno.

  22. #6172
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,440
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's frustrating because i like the actual work, and i'm really good at my job (since i've basically been doing this sort of stuff my whole life), it's just the hours that are destroying me.

    i have a meeting with the VP on monday to talk about how i'm settling in to the job and i'm going to see if he's receptive to having me just work four days a week instead of five. idunno.
    man I'm sure they will be down for that if it's at all possible as you obviously know what you're doing. I remember how excited you were about this so I hope it works out.

    When I got that hospital job, I also signed up to do SEVEN of those 12-13 hour days on, seven off.
    I got so fucking stressed, I wound up drinking too much one night and came in still smelling like liquor.
    And these people like BLACKLISTED me. I didn't think something like that could actually happen, but I couldn't get a healthcare job in dallas anywhere after that, and I had five years experience at the time. Plus they were going to pay for me to go to nursing school.
    Ugh.
    THAT shit pissed me off a LOT.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-22-2018 at 03:33 PM.

  23. #6173
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,566
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Having to wake up early on weekends and vacations.

  24. #6174
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Scotland!
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Procrastination biting me in the butt again. Just now getting to something I should have started months ago and realizing I'm out of time. Also dreading the harsh judgement I'm going to get for what I have to do to fix the situation.

    That being said, anyone in the UK looking to adopt a pet snake that cant be brought back to the US with me??

  25. #6175
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    losing a friend to heroin overdose

    sucks even after many years have passed

    will always miss you JF

  26. #6176
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Having to wake up early on weekends and vacations.
    The worst. Every couple of weekends, I try to go home to see my family. Normally I wait to leave until sometime Saturday morning so I can just get off work Friday and get a full night of sleep and do the things I wanna get done after a long-ass work week.

    My parents and sister, however, think they need to call and text me multiple times at the ass-crack of dawn (well, 9 am on a SATURDAY) and ask where I am and when I'll be there and how long it's gonna take and if I'm gonna eat there and it's just like...guys. It's 9:45 on a Saturday morning. I've had time to walk my dog and have a glass of water. Give a dude a second to have breakfast and get cleaned up before he has to drive for 3 hours, please. ^^' Love 'em all, but damn.

  27. #6177
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,440
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    losing a friend to heroin overdose

    sucks even after many years have passed

    will always miss you JF
    yeah I've lost like SIX now to opiate related bullshit (and I don't know why I'm alive) Not trying to one up you but I DAMN sure feel you.

  28. #6178
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,643
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    there are so many food network hosts who deserve to be drug through the mud. the pioneer woman and her impossibly perfect children (thanks to home tutors, none of them have friends outside of family), ina garten's east hamptons dinners, but what gets me the most is 'hungry girl's' so-called recipes. a whole wheat tortilla with sugar-free ketchup does not a pizza make. and if you're counting calories down to individual popcorn kernels, go fuck yourself.

  29. #6179
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,429
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    there are so many food network hosts who deserve to be drug through the mud. the pioneer woman and her impossibly perfect children (thanks to home tutors, none of them have friends outside of family), ina garten's east hamptons dinners, but what gets me the most is 'hungry girl's' so-called recipes. a whole wheat tortilla with sugar-free ketchup does not a pizza make. and if you're counting calories down to individual popcorn kernels, go fuck yourself.
    sarah and i watch food network shows a lot, but god i fucking hate pioneer woman. she is the worst. we unabashedly love guy fieri, though. he's fun and funny and is actually a really nice guy in real life so we don't feel bad about it.

  30. #6180
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Apparently I'm "not allowed to walk my dog" in the grass area next to the nursing home that is IMMEDIATELY next to my apartment complex because "I'm scaring the other residents when they see me."

    First of all, I'm a 5'11", 170 pound dude that hasn't come closer than 30 feet to your building. Any of your elderly residents I've bumped into while walking him have all enjoyed my dog's company, never once having a complaint or an incident occur. I'm nice to everyone and smile when I say hello to them. I don't care if you have an unfounded and irrational "fear" of me walking...through...grass...in a wide open, non-fenced off area. I am doing nothing wrong, and if I need to leave, have the staff tell me that, or post a sign saying so. Not you, woman who is walking her dogs with no leash. MY dog isn't the reason YOUR dog made it all the way over to sniff mine. That's on you. Get a fucking leash. Like I did.

    Second, I'm going to cut through that space as much as I damn well please if it means I can get home sooner in a pinch. I would have to walk around two buildings to get to my apartment via the sidewalk if I go the other way. If I gotta cut through, I'm gonna cut through. It's wide open space, and as a human being, you can't stop me from walking through it.

    Third, not ONLY do I pick up every ounce of my dog's shit in your grass, but I also steer him away from all of your gardens and flowers because those are things I see people tend to literally every day. I even walk him away from stuff that you people just LEAVE SITTING OUT IN THE OPEN because I'm gonna be responsible for any damage he may cause if he finds a dog toy out there. Be lucky I'm not in the market for a new grill or a trailer or any of that, because I'd be hitting the jackpot.

    Tresspassing? Maybe. I'll admit to that. But if you really don't want people to walk through your grass when they're doing nothing and causing absolutely NO harm, get a fence. I live next door. It's convenient for me. We are hurting no one. Chill the fuck out.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions