Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191
Results 5,701 to 5,703 of 5703

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Nah, I do want that anthology though! D: Right now I have a blu-ray set I ordered the other day (Outlaw Star!) and the big box set of Mogwai's new record both in pre-shipping, the latter having been that way for about a month. They sent out an email explaining the delay they're having with shipping, which I 100% understand and can't be frustrated with - but if getting the box sets so they can get them to USPS is the issue, then how in the dicks did USPS already have a tracking number for it?

I mean, at this point I would've been better off buying one of the countless copies I've seen on store shelves by now.
    i think the way tracking numbers work is that they can be claimed by anyone who has the ability to ship things (i.e. they're generated by the USPS but you don't have to go to a post office to claim one, all you have to do is print a shipping label). so the distribution warehouse or whatever prints a shipping label for your package, which claims a tracking number (and e-mails that tracking info to you), but until the package actually gets into the hands of the USPS, it remains in pre-shipment limbo, sitting in the warehouse.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think the way tracking numbers work is that they can be claimed by anyone who has the ability to ship things (i.e. they're generated by the USPS but you don't have to go to a post office to claim one, all you have to do is print a shipping label). so the distribution warehouse or whatever prints a shipping label for your package, which claims a tracking number (and e-mails that tracking info to you), but until the package actually gets into the hands of the USPS, it remains in pre-shipment limbo, sitting in the warehouse.
    Oh yeah, I'm certain that's about how it works. The wait with delays just gets under my skin. I'd rather not know until it's ready to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I order food for everyone but they leave scrapings for me by the time I get back.