Page 176 of 263 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Went to the doctor again and was told that my bronchitis is expected to last for at least 5-6 weeks and that I need to take an inhaler every four hours. I have a bike trip planned for April/June time frame and it's going over the Cascades - I really have to start getting in shape for this. It's not something I can just walk out the door one sunny weekend and say, "bye honey" and hope to make it without hurting myself. Ugh.

I blame my office because they kept refusing to stay home when they were sick. I went almost 8 weeks with them getting sick and getting sick again, why couldn't it have just left me alone.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Went to the doctor again and was told that my bronchitis is expected to last for at least 5-6 weeks and that I need to take an inhaler every four hours. I have a bike trip planned for April/June time frame and it's going over the Cascades - I really have to start getting in shape for this. It's not something I can just walk out the door one sunny weekend and say, "bye honey" and hope to make it without hurting myself. Ugh.
    What the hell is with this bronchitis-type stuff going around right now? I've had this chronic and productive cough for THREE WEEKS and the doc ordered XRays: showed nothing. So he says it's "viral" and put me on this cough medicine that makes me so fucking loopy, I can only take it before bed and then I am dizzy and have terrible nightmares. There is no way I could WORK on this shit! So I've been doing my inhaler, too, which helps a little. But I'm so TIRED. And my boss said I'm, like, the fifth person he knows who has this! My friends keep saying it's "allergies" but no way. I *have* been exercising with it, though; hopefully you'll be well enough in time for your bike trip.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    He talks. SO. MUCH. And it's always about what he knows and thinks and he's always right. He also always says shit like retard and faggot and has anger issues and it NEVER stops. 8 hours a day. The days he's gone and it's JUST me to take care of the entire property are actually better.
    Do you work someplace with an HR department? If you do, I would be in there right now talking to them. If you don't...yeah, it sounds like you need to get out of there. That kind of environment is bad for your health.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    What the hell is with this bronchitis-type stuff going around right now? I've had this chronic and productive cough for THREE WEEKS and the doc ordered XRays: showed nothing. So he says it's "viral" and put me on this cough medicine that makes me so fucking loopy, I can only take it before bed and then I am dizzy and have terrible nightmares. There is no way I could WORK on this shit! So I've been doing my inhaler, too, which helps a little. But I'm so TIRED. And my boss said I'm, like, the fifth person he knows who has this! My friends keep saying it's "allergies" but no way. I *have* been exercising with it, though; hopefully you'll be well enough in time for your bike trip.
    I know! The doctor even said it was actually the flu but I have exhibited zero flu symptoms. My cough isn't even productive really, the majority of the time it's really dry and doesn't do anything other than sound really loud or make people think I'm sneezing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Do you work someplace with an HR department? If you do, I would be in there right now talking to them. If you don't...yeah, it sounds like you need to get out of there. That kind of environment is bad for your health.
    For sure. Unfortunately we do not, but I really wish we did. I've already started considering what my next move is gonna be, but I want it to involve a literal move to another city/state and see how things are there. This line of work (apartment complex maintenance) in this part of the country (Lawrence is one of the most liberal towns, but still Kansas) is just driving me bonkers. The things I'm focusing on now, though, are things like eliminating debts and payments so when I AM ready to gtfo in the next year, I'll have fewer things I'll have to consider and pay for.

But DAMN, dealing with this every day sure is grating.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I am just about done with the cold weather altogether. (For reasons that were already mentioned on this page, and I was hit hard with bronchitis in early December, which lasted until early February, as I took the necessary medication and got much needed rest. I'm still dealing with some congestion though, but it's going away little by little.) Summer can't arrive soon enough for me these days.

This can also very well go under the category of the little things that scare me too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hey 2007! This is 2017 speaking. Please take your ARG back, people are sick of it by now.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    For anyone wondering where the fuck I've been since last Sunday. Well, my laptop crashed and attempts to get it repaired which proved to be impossible forced me to buy a new one (at a good fucking price too) but I was unable to retrieve the data that I had in my laptop which is essentially just videos, photos, and 7 years of written work (though I was able to save my one and only completed script into a flash drive) as it's now pretty much obsolete. Now I have to start over again. Fortunately, all of my music (including all NIN stuff) and various videos have been saved in my external hard drive.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I hope someday I can be cool enough to talk to my employees for an hour about how cool and smart and badass I was in high school instead of...doing work.

I literally listen to my supervisor brag about something pertaining to himself EVERY work day. Yesterday he told me how much his wife loves feeling his balls slapping her when they fuck because his balls are so big. LIKE WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I CARE TO KNOW, DUDE. GET OVER YOURSELF.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-10-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    See, at first I thought you worked with Al Bundy but then you said he likes having sex with his wife.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    See, at first I thought you worked with Al Bundy but then you said he likes having sex with his wife.
    WOOOOOOOOOO!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I hope someday I can be cool enough to talk to my employees for an hour about how cool and smart and badass I was in high school instead of...doing work.

I literally listen to my supervisor brag about something pertaining to himself EVERY work day. Yesterday he told me how much his wife loves feeling his balls slapping her when they fuck because his balls are so big. LIKE WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I CARE TO KNOW, DUDE. GET OVER YOURSELF.
    Cant that be considered a form of sexual harassment? A complaint to HR might help him get over himself.

complaining about myself-- have exams next week and I'm stuck in another mode of don't give a shit about anything and have barely revised at all. And I don't know the material well and now I'm panicking but still not studying
    Last edited by millionmilesaway; 03-10-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    Cant that be considered a form of sexual harassment? A complaint to HR might help him get over himself.
    You would think. But a lack of an on-site HR rep and the general distaste for the area is making me consider moving instead. I need a change of pace.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's a job I applied for here that would be a great promotion for me. However we're in the middle of a hiring freeze (Thanks, Trump) and so the hiring's been put on hold. However I just heard them talking about it and they said that, "If this person we want applies, we can reopen it Monday and close it Tuesday and we're set." What the ever-loving fuck.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Elitism in the modular synth world.

It goes beyond people mocking software synths... I was reading a forum yesterday where a synth noob came in and asked what the difference is between a gate and a trigger. Immediately some asshole jumps in and mocks him for not understanding such a simple concept. Look man, this "scene" may be growing in popularity, but it's still very niche. The basic concepts can be very confusing to a beginner, and the information available online is often disorganized, poorly explained, or downright misleading. By making fun of a beginner, you're being unhelpful at best, and you're not succeeding in your attempts to impress anybody.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

It goes beyond people mocking software synths... I was reading a forum yesterday where a synth noob came in and asked what the difference is between a gate and a trigger. Immediately some asshole jumps in and mocks him for not understanding such a simple concept. Look man, this "scene" may be growing in popularity, but it's still very niche. The basic concepts can be very confusing to a beginner, and the information available online is often disorganized, poorly explained, or downright misleading. By making fun of a beginner, you're being unhelpful at best, and you're not succeeding in your attempts to impress anybody.
    i've been using both outboard and soft synths for over 10 years and i still have no idea what i'm doing half the time. i understand signal paths and how to get the sounds i want, but i can't necessarily explain it to anyone else. people really are dicks about it, in general. oh, and most of the time, even elitists can't actually tell the difference in sound between a hardware synth and a soft synth so they can get bent talking down to people about it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

this is a trough one, i personally like to try and educate people, if people are new new to a subject and I have knowledge to share. unfortunately this kind of exchange can quickly devolve into a pissing contest
    -Louie

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    daylight savings. so annoying.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    To my fellow east coast citizen, enjoy the snowstorm! Forecasting 16 inches in Montreal which is kind of a big deal here. I heard it would be worst in NY.
    Fucking snow I tell you ..

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Can we just retire the Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif? It's overused on a "Tell me more" Wonka level.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Trying to fix something at work, right before you leave for the day, and realizing that you've just made it worse and now have the whole night to dwell on it before trying again and seeing if you figure it out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have neighbors who ride an ATV at all hours of the day in their yard. I'm not in the country, I'm in the suburbs, and yet I still can't get the police to do anything. My wife has started to purchase supplies to noise-proof our home and it's looking expensive. Like, a $2k window. Bricking up the wall facing that direction. All because this little shit can't be bothered to drive 25 minutes out of the neighborhood to where you can do this stuff.

And our other neighbors? I spoken to almost all of them and they all hate it, but they aren't bothered enough to help do anything about it. They'll bitch about it while talking to me but when I mention going to court or hell just going to the guys house, they're too busy. Ok, sure. You have a 3 year-old who is constantly awoken by the noise but it's not that bad, I guess.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Uber drivers. Holy shit

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Uber drivers. Holy shit
    After my second drunk Uber driver, I am really wary of their platform...

So... I hate Skype. It used to work... now, on my new computer with a fresh install, it's a bloated mess of problems, it's less intuitive, and it keeps trying to get me to buy Skype credit... I hate you Microsoft, I hate you so goddamn much. This is a chat app!!!! This should be the simplest shit on earth! WTF?!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

So this is how my night went last night. Fun fact: that's not my knife.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I have a $500 comprehensive deductible with no exceptions for glass.
    Its going to cost $485 to replace the back glass.

Fuck me in the ass

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I have a $500 comprehensive deductible with no exceptions for glass.
    Its going to cost $485 to replace the back glass.

Fuck me in the ass
    What happened to the hatchback glass? How did the knife get there? A robbery?

When my car was on the street I had a $50 deductible just for shit like this, happens all the time in Chicago. Happened in my work parking lot once to a side window, some moron did it for no reason to about ten cars.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @tony.parenteDude, you got a free knife, I don't see what the big deal is.

Seriously though, that blows. Did they steal anything?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    For someone who can fake her way through human interaction, fuck I suck at the real stuff in group contexts. And then when my failings are surfaced to me super kindly and like... after someone asking me if I actually wanted to know, my inner response to the criticism is to just want to withdraw from interacting with other people even further.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sorry, yeah a douche smashed my back glass when I was in an escape room the other night. Left my laptop but stole my wife's wristlet with $1 in it.