Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192
Results 5,731 to 5,753 of 5753

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I know all too well I shouldn't scratch a rash but I do anyway. Now it's oozing and disgusting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I left another music forum because it was mostly just creepy old men over 50 posting girly pics. There was very little discussion of the band anymore. That group's fan base is mostly perverted, middle-aged men.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I've been having issues with my boss for awhile and I finally have a name for what the issue is: rounding. Basically he goes around the office talking to everyone about what's going on. He'll sit down and talk with people for 10, 15 minutes at a time and just make sure everything's going well.

I get a "good morning" as he walks by.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My girlfriend's work environment sucks... and I'm there for moral support but I'm not making a scene.., today her boss randomly yelled at me in front of her for no good fucking reason and I shrugged it off because I don't want to make a scene... but all she's gotta do is say the word and I'll start a scene to end all scenes
    Is there more context you can provide to your being yelled at? In any case, I lol’d at your last sentence.

I’m not sure I could take it. I’m a rather loose cannon these days, particularly from detecting BS that is apparently rampant in my current spaces (or maybe I’m just leveling up my standards as I’m simply becoming more aware in the world). I pet my cats and listen to calmer music in my own time to reset, but also because I realize I distinctly feel more aided to function with a clear head (versus how I would tend to feed my head in the past, no questioning). However, out in the real world, I am basically done being talked to the “wrong” way, let alone yelled at with no warrant. I have walked away or suppressed and then internalized from certain scenarios a time too many, where there wasn’t anybody’s safety at stake—only my convictions to be put on hold, so not to rock the boat. Meanwhile my kayak is filling up with water. Those are times I’ve had enough of. Festering about an exchange to unhealthy levels hours after the fact, or even days after. It’s my problem... I don’t need to be right, I just need to give myself a chance right in the moment. It’s not as though I haven’t done it before (e.g. outright been accused by a former boss of something I didn’t do, I responded in kind and he ate his words, then I put my two weeks notice in), I’m just finding I’m a tad inconsistent.

I believe what a LOT of people (present company included) can always stand to work better with themselves on is: letting go of the energy from a past interaction with somebody by the time of entering into an interaction with somebody new (using discretion, of course), and the same goes even from activity to activity. It’s very important, and an invaluable lesson to help keep emotions in check, thus to better control and to better understand what and how things unfold in your reality. It all comes back to mindfulness. Always.

/generally sick and tired of being pissed off by “little” things = people, man

Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Something I've noticed lately is that people will straight up turn away in disinterest mid conversation instead of providing some sort of excuse. Both of my direct team members at work do it a lot, often when they've asked me social questions. What ever happened to a "sorry, gotta get back to this" or something. Am I just now beginning to notice this or is it not odd to have people like literally in total silence physically turn away when you're chatting? Granted I'm sure I'm not being interesting but like.
    That is mega rude. Have some respect. Say something, anything, to pair with walking away.

Most people pull out their phone in those kinds of times, which is already rude AF in my world. “Hold on, let me read 10 words from this book here............ What were you saying?” (repeat) It’s like inviting a commercial break to a conversation. Why the fuck would you? Get that shit out of here! Let that shit vibrate, we are here now. OR, consider talking about what is up. However, most of the time it is NOT an emergency if it is not a phone call.

I need to step out of this highly relatable thread and go do things.
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-07-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I went through the trouble of learning 3 different instruments but I could never find a band to play in. The music scene in my city sucks. I have all but given up on wanting to be a musician. But I still make art sometimes and write stuff.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My boss using his phone: "GOD DAMMIT WHY WONT IT LET ME PAUSE MUSIC NOW?"

"Is it because your screen is cracked?"

"No, that doesn't have anything to do with it." Right, so you dropped your phone so hard that the digital, intangible button in the app on your phone stopped working. Nothing to do with this big crack on the screen.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Remembering things. By which I mean "remembering things people at work ask me to do." I need a method for it. Scribbled notes on whatever pieces of paper is handy just isn't cutting it. Do any of the time-management gurus here want to share? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=allegate;384720]Remembering things. By which I mean "remembering things people at work ask me to do." I need a method for it. Scribbled notes on whatever pieces of paper is handy just isn't cutting it. Do any of the time-management gurus
    -Louie

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Supervisor and I go to an apartment to fix a girl's toilet. He sits down to fix the toilet, and removes items from on top of it so he can take off the tank lid. He does his thing, puts the lid on, puts her items on top of the toilet, and flushes it. Seconds, and I do mean 2-3 seconds, after flushing it, a small dish plate she had sitting on top of the toilet falls off, and shatters. I was there the whole time, and watched this happen. He turns to me and actually says "Wow. Of course. Well, that would happen. I sure as shit didn't break it, but I know it's probably gonna come back on me anyway. Jesus Christ." And then proceeds to tell everyone in the office that "it just fell, but when I put it back it didn't move, so I sure didn't break it."

So, you moved something, put it back, immediately after you put it back it fell and broke, and...that's not on you? Not at all? Mister grown adult man? It's her fault for putting it on her toilet in the first place?

I'll be the first person to say that anyone, aaanyone who stacks shit on their toilet literally is asking for it to fall and break or fall into the toilet, but come on. What's so hard about you accepting responsibility for things you're accountable for? Fuck. This man is a manchild. I can't handle it.

Between this, being unable to spell words a 40 year old man should know how to spell, unable to go 15 minutes without saying how retarded something is, ALWAYS talking about his dick and how many girls want him, how he totally thinks he has a chance with half the college girls he sees, always playing heavy metal LOUDLY IN APARTMENTS AT WORK, loud ringtones of "Cake and Sodomy" and some shit Tech Nine song going off all the time. Jesus. Get me the fuck OUT OF HERE.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Remembering things. By which I mean "remembering things people at work ask me to do." I need a method for it. Scribbled notes on whatever pieces of paper is handy just isn't cutting it. Do any of the time-management gurus here want to share? Thanks in advance.
    this works pretty well for me runs well on any i device, you can share so everyone can see what you're working on https://www.smartsheet.com/s/Trello-...EaAuA4EALw_wcB
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 11-09-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I use Notes on my iPhone. Allows me to group To Do stuff in folders related to specific projects or things.

But I have lots of friends who LOVE (and survive via) "Remember the Milk."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reme...293561396?mt=8

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I use Notes on my iPhone. Allows me to group To Do stuff in folders related to specific projects or things.

But I have lots of friends who LOVE (and survive via) "Remember the Milk."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reme...293561396?mt=8
    Maybe even just a little note pad you can use. Had a chef/owner who would use a little pocket book like you see cops in movies use. Sometimes he couldn't read what he wrote but he would pop that out his front pocket all the time with things he noticed, needed done. He had all sorts of shit going too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Editor at the paper I freelance for is being a douche in regards to pricing for video work (he suddenly realized I charge per hour so I can cover my hardware use because I'm doing it with my only dSLR and computer) and wants to cut my two $175 videos I invoiced down to $104. Won't pay me at all until I take the offer. I also have to agree to a max charge of $104 in the future, and that's only for videos I discuss having to take longer with beforehand, otherwise the cap is $78/video.
    So, in the future, they sure as shit aren't getting my best work anymore. I'm also going to look at moving to a bigger city and doing real fucking news work for a place that can afford to pay people what they're worth because FUCK anyone who thinks hiring an artist and paying them minimum wage is going to fly. If I wanted minimum wage income I'd go work at a fucking Walmart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There is nothing I hate more than winter. That's why I never look forward to Christmas. Because it's in winter.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    There is nothing I hate more than winter. That's why I never look forward to Christmas. Because it's in winter.
    I love winter cause it provides me with a justifiable excuse for my anti-social tendencies!

When people ask me about my weekend plans, I can be like, "Oh, I'm probably just gonna try to stay home all weekend and read my book...I mean, it's just so cold out there, ya know? Haha..." And I sound perfectly normal, because after all, we live in goddamn Minnesota. The winters here are the stuff of nightmares. Just walking across the parking lot feels like millions of frozen razor blades are slicing you across the face. It's pure hell. So staying inside is considered normal and rational and healthy, which in turn provides me with the perfect cover. Not so easy in the summer. My friends start texting and demanding that I rejoin them in civilization. They're constantly trying to thwart my reclusive ambitions.

So as soon as it starts getting cold, I'm like "Yesssss, now I can pretend I'm normal!!!"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My sister just found out her baby will have downs syndrome, I don't know whether to lend her support or if she turned to me because she knows that I'm a practical (aka heartless) person who sees no issue if she chooses to abort. She is less than 12 weeks along so she has time to think about it but its still a terrible decision to make. Even if she decides to keep it there is a high chance of miscarriage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the constant propaganda/brainwashing going on in the US regarding the military. it has gone 180 degrees from when i was growing up in the 1970s. i was watching a football game thursday night & they talked more about the military than the game. & its not just because of veteran's day ( btw i have no disrespect for veterans). it is constant & pervasive. starts with the video games when the kids are impressionable. it seems that everything has to have a tie in to the military now. we are in the last gasp of the empire, where war is our main focus & product. eisenhower (a republican) warned about this in the 1950s. the military/industrial complex. there's a big war coming. maybe 2. if you're going to spend such a high percentage of the gross national product (& borrowing to do it) on weapons you have to go kill some folks to justify it. when i was younger i had hoped things would change before i die. not going to happen. for sure. makes me sad. i guess this isn't a little thing that pisses me off. its a big thing but at least there is a forum here. fine if you don't agree with me, better if you do. just think & pay attention! thanks for listening to the rant.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    the constant propaganda/brainwashing going on in the US regarding the military. it has gone 180 degrees from when i was growing up in the 1970s. i was watching a football game thursday night & they talked more about the military than the game. & its not just because of veteran's day ( btw i have no disrespect for veterans). it is constant & pervasive. starts with the video games when the kids are impressionable. it seems that everything has to have a tie in to the military now. we are in the last gasp of the empire, where war is our main focus & product. eisenhower (a republican) warned about this in the 1950s. the military/industrial complex. there's a big war coming. maybe 2. if you're going to spend such a high percentage of the gross national product (& borrowing to do it) on weapons you have to go kill some folks to justify it. when i was younger i had hoped things would change before i die. not going to happen. for sure. makes me sad. i guess this isn't a little thing that pisses me off. its a big thing but at least there is a forum here. fine if you don't agree with me, better if you do. just think & pay attention! thanks for listening to the rant.
    Yeah, I agree. The thing that bugs me is how "support the troops" often gets distorted into blindly supporting all of our shitty wars. I encounter a lot of college students who are veterans and some of them have major problems. PTSD, chronic pain from the injuries, etc. And I just feel like, if you really "support" these people, shouldn't you be trying spare them from all this pain and trauma? I just don't understand how it's supportive to be like "We're behind you guys 100%! Enjoy the fucking trauma!"...Wow, heartwarming. The troops are treated like cannon fodder, just used up and discarded like they're just a means to an end.

The US is a gross, warmongering society, and it basically always has been since it was founded. I recently encountered a young student, fresh out of high school, and she mentioned that she has no memory of a time when our country was not waging war. She was born in 1998, so the Afghanistan war began when she was about 3 years old in 2001 and has been going ever since. That just blew my mind to think about. This whole generation has no memory of anything else. All they know is the United States at war, almost like it's just the normal default state of things. And it makes me wonder how much longer this fucking shit is going to go on. Are we just going to continue on in a state of perpetual warfare?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yeah, I agree. The thing that bugs me is how "support the troops" often gets distorted into blindly supporting all of our shitty wars. I encounter a lot of college students who are veterans and some of them have major problems. PTSD, chronic pain from the injuries, etc. And I just feel like, if you really "support" these people, shouldn't you be trying spare them from all this pain and trauma? I just don't understand how it's supportive to be like "We're behind you guys 100%! Enjoy the fucking trauma!"...Wow, heartwarming. The troops are treated like cannon fodder, just used up and discarded like they're just a means to an end.

The US is a gross, warmongering society, and it basically always has been since it was founded. I recently encountered a young student, fresh out of high school, and she mentioned that she has no memory of a time when our country was not waging war. She was born in 1998, so the Afghanistan war began when she was about 3 years old in 2001 and has been going ever since. That just blew my mind to think about. This whole generation has no memory of anything else. All they know is the United States at war, almost like it's just the normal default state of things. And it makes me wonder how much longer this fucking shit is going to go on. Are we just going to continue on in a state of perpetual warfare?
    & you know, the US hasn't been in a legally defined war since world war 2. it has been all about looking out for corporate interests. i won't get into some of our allies but let's just say they are no better than some of our "enemies". they just happen to have vast amounts of oil or dubious claims based on documents that are thousands of years old. its kind of like the gun control arguments. a lot of that is based on conditions over 200 years old & have no relevance now. i'm going off on a tangent a little here but its ridiculous. maybe these folks that don't want sanity in that area shouldn't be allowed to have indoor plumbing so they can replicate some of the conditions that the 2nd amendment were written under. it's all about the cash. i feel the true father of the US is PT Barnum who's maxim was "there's a sucker born every minute". make any sort of outrageous claim or statement & put a picture of a smiling face on it & everything is fine. sorry if i went off in a different direction but its all tied in & comes down to greed "trumps" all.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    As someone who was in the military, I wholeheartedly agree. Hell, look at the number of veterans who say they don't give a shit if people kneel or stand during the anthem. Yet it's the people who didn't serve who seem to have the problem.

I said it the other day: Trump appears to be Nero, he just can't fiddle worth a shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    "Funny" viral videos that are just people talking/yelling using the default face- and voice-warping features on their phone that anyone else with that model of phone has access to.

OH MAN YOU SAID A THING IN A HIGH-PITCHED VOICE AND USED ONE OF THE SAME THREE FUNNY FACES EVERYONE ELSE USES. Sooo comedically clever. What a riot. Golly. Someone give that person a movie deal.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    People that equate the enjoyment of a few critically divisive and harmless movies to that of homophobia, pedophilia and white supremacy.

Kindly get fucked!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Clueless tough guy PM trolls.

lol not surprised you're "not seeing it the same way". (REDACTED) didn't seem to have any problem reading between the lines here. I know it's cool for you and certain others here to support TR unconditionally, but you're a complete fool if you're just willing to give him a pass for this past year of merchandise headaches. Especially when he avoided any and all inquiries to the matter here and on social media. Real classy.

I guess the part where I keep supporting the artist despite his misgivings went right over your head. Again, not surprised. I've been a fan of this band for 25+ years, so it's probably not just "complaining to complain", as you seem fit to see it.

Whatever. Not going to bother trying to explain this any further to you. And don't bother replying, because I'll just ignore it.