Page 32 of 182 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just walked past a guy on the street playing guitar, i was all set to continue to get my coffee but than i heard the old forgotten melody of Puff the Magic Dragon. Normally i wouldn't bother but i figured this little musically gem deserved to be acknowledged for the sheer nostalgia it brought about. I gave him a dollar.

Now if these "homeless" guys begging cash all over would have the common curtsy to provide me with a similar trip down memory lane or hell even carry a tune i would be more apt to donate to their booze fund.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My hair is pastel pink once more... messing around with dye mixing is too fun.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Jinsai the movie critic. I've always found his critics to be very entertaining even when I don't agree with them.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    AFFECTIONATE CATS.

Mine won't leave me alone today. It's quite cute.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The kitty I'm looking after at the moment is super affectionate too. Self-fellatio aside, his purrs are loud and he's like a little teddy bear.

Honestly though, the thing cheering me up most these days is other people's misery.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Found a couple things to sell at an upcoming yard sale including: a few books, pokemon cards, cds, clothes (mainly shirts), toys and a Playstation 1 with Final Fantasy 8.

Edit: might use the money I make to put toward a new iPod or some rad retro style Star Trek t-shirts
    Last edited by REPLICA; 06-25-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Naturally red-headed women are the most beautiful things on the face of the earth.

Also, swim suit season. And the fact that I'm actually becoming darker than I have been in...well, my whole life. Now to just make swimming laps a habit again and I'll be in some good shape this summer!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Woke up this morning to find out I sold a piece of art I recently finished. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The best part of working nights at a library is that after rushing to get everything done in half an hour or so, I get to peruse through the catalog of books/movies/anime/CDs/comics in circulation, AND I get first pick over all the books that get donated through the donation bins, heh. The staff even collects from all of them and stacks all the boxes in one big room for me to oggle over for an hour. How nice of them.

Tonight I walked away with Jurassic Park, The Things They Carried, Letters from a Stoic, The Three Theban Plays, and The Encyclopedia of Music. Last weekend, I found Into the Wild, Game of Thrones, Let the Right One In, a book on reincarnation, and a fairly well-kept copy of Spirited Away, which I have yet to watch. In short, my book collection has literally doubled in size since I got the job, and I'm starting to run out of room/time for them. But hey, I won't complain!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-30-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Moar stuff.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The hospital is garnishing my paychecks for past bills. While this in itself kinda sucks they are not fleecing me nearly as bad as i thought they would. Which is good cause i can still pay my rents and not be broke.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So last Wednesday I had been hired to work for a bank and we did all the initial paperwork and crap. Later that day, I had gone into Starbucks and put in my two weeks, then after a a blow up with one of the managers, I quit in the middle of my shift. Today, I get a call from another bank (the largest bank in North America) with them offering me a lucrative job offer (to the tune of $40,000 a year on salary) which is more than the first bank would pay me. Naturally I was skeptical about quitting Starbucks just in case something fell through, but here I am with two job offers and ready to get my ass back to the desk!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Naturally I was skeptical about quitting Starbucks just in case something fell through, but here I am with two job offers and ready to get my ass back to the desk!
    congrats! i'm sure it'll be better than working at starbucks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Little things that cheer you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    So last Wednesday I had been hired to work for a bank and we did all the initial paperwork and crap. Later that day, I had gone into Starbucks and put in my two weeks, then after a a blow up with one of the managers, I quit in the middle of my shift. Today, I get a call from another bank (the largest bank in North America) with them offering me a lucrative job offer (to the tune of $40,000 a year on salary) which is more than the first bank would pay me. Naturally I was skeptical about quitting Starbucks just in case something fell through, but here I am with two job offers and ready to get my ass back to the desk!
    'Chella rent is going up Kid. Congrats.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    'Chella rent is going up Kid. Congrats.
    I'm prepared for it! Thanks K!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    congrats! i'm sure it'll be better than working at starbucks
    I bet.

But seriously, Kid, grats. I guess I'm sticking around hoping I move up to something salaried by the winter. I'm not doing another winter with the company otherwise. Or at least not another winter where I'm not job searching super hard.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It wasn't a jibe at food service work but I feel your pain... I've been at a chain food place for the last 3 years so I'm always happy to see people get out and do something they actually care about. As much as I complain about my job though, they've let me transfer around the country whenever I moved, take 2 months off for school and make my schedule around my freelance work which I couldn't do at a regular 9-5.

And due to poor planning on a clients part I've got a surprise 2 days off which couldn't have come at a better time..I've been running myself into the ground the last few weeks. I guess you're a real adult when you're grateful for time to clean and catch up on chores haha

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Oh, totally didn't take it that way!

I was working with a girl last night who did a Master's degree and another job while working for Starbucks. Food service/retail can offer some amazing flexibility sometimes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I just remembered I have chocolate milk in the fridge!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Worked solo tonight here at the hotel, first time in a long while. I didn't have to put up with foolish coworkers or lack-luster management. It is all good!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.vogue.co.uk/

do the konami code, then keep hitting a.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    These little guys:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Random Stupidity thread. Without fail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Every now and then, when the mood strikes me, going commando.
    I'm struck by this mood every day above 20F degrees. Such folly were the boxers of my youth....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This article about bisexuality and biphobia. I'm going to print it, and carry it with me always, and when people start bitching about how I'm really just gay / straight / asexual / complicating things for myself / an attention whore; I'm going to make them read this.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Catching up with an old friend, if briefly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I find the concept of unpaid internships to be a load of horse shit, "Come work for us for no money!" kind of things. But congrats anyway! As long as you're going to be enjoying what you do, good on ya!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Allegro flexing her muscles in the Random Headlines thread.

Next time I hit Chi town I must buy you a cup of coffee .

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The fact that when a friend was frustrated about something, her response to it was the phrase "Fuck me softly!!". Made me giggle.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My last round of chemo today.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    My last round of chemo today.
    Quadruple like!