Page 88 of 263 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    No. It was at the bar. The guy ordered a few drinks for him and his gf.
    Maybe he's not wasn't from The States. Tipping is not universal. If not, that's pretty shitty. Even 15% isn't going to break his bank. Or maybe it will.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    $5 initial tip $1 per drink after. Fuck that guy.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    No. It was at the bar. The guy ordered a few drinks for him and his gf.
    Where the hell can I get "a few drinks" for $8.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Features bar and grill.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Beer specials.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Fuck. I'm back home, and well drinks are less than $3. Crazy shit.

My step dad and I each had 4 Redd's with a shots of Fireball in them, and my mom had four Blue Moons... It was less than $30.

I miss you, Midwest prices. Although, this is a bar that they go to multiple times per week. There is no way that can be real.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 12-24-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hangnails.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    people who follow me on soundcloud without even listening to a track

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    When whoever visits my home (be it my friends, or my family's, or just random visitor) ignore multiple warnings NOT TO FEED THE DOG and just do it anyways because look at these cute asking eyes. Don't force me to lock him in the other room, he didn't deserve it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Whats your soundcloud?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Hell, I can do that without following you. Kids these days…

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Old folk who are sooo prejudice. Sitting with my BF's 90 year old grand father at Christmas dinner, listening to him tell a story. He referred to a person in his story as a 'kike Jew'.

The BF reached under the table and grabbed my hand just to make sure I didn't freak out. It was sort of sweet he thought I would lose it on a 90 year old. Yeah, no, too old to poison any one else.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Old folk who are sooo prejudice. Sitting with my BF's 90 year old grand father at Christmas dinner, listening to him tell a story. He referred to a person in his story as a 'kike Jew'.

The BF reached under the table and grabbed my hand just to make sure I didn't freak out. It was sort of sweet he thought I would lose it on a 90 year old. Yeah, no, too old to poison any one else.
    Egad, yeah, when they're 90 they're beyond reasoning with them. The Light will have a discussion with them, later.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Versing =\= Versus!!1! Fuck!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Went down to my grandparents this weekend to have a belated Christmas get together and nobody thought to turn the heat on overnight when the temp managed to drop thirty degrees. I sleep on an air mattress with nothing but sheets and thin quilt to keep me warm. I don't know how many times I woke up during the night, shivering and in a fetus position because I was cold. Needless to say I didn't get a good night's sleep. Everyone was complaining this morning about how cold they were last night, ugh.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Egad, yeah, when they're 90 they're beyond reasoning with them. The Light will have a discussion with them, later.
    True.

It was the 6 year old nephew that the BF launched into recently when he called his cousin a Jew in a derogatory way. You're 6 kid, you know not what you speak and are probably ape one of your parents so yeah, I am going to smack you up side the head and explain your transgression.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    True.

It was the 6 year old nephew that the BF launched into recently when he called his cousin a Jew in a derogatory way. You're 6 kid, you know not what you speak and are probably ape one of your parents so yeah, I am going to smack you up side the head and explain your transgression.
    What the hell is with the anti-Semitism down there? Are there even any Jews in Texas, or is this just stuff they've seen on television?

HEY, JESUS WAS A JEW!!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It annoys the HELL out of me when people put in a work request to get their heaters fixed (I work for an apartment complex), and they say, "it's effecting our electric bill."

Yeah, no shit. Thank you for reminding us that your electric heater runs on electricity. I had no idea.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    What the hell is with the anti-Semitism down there? Are there even any Jews in Texas, or is this just stuff they've seen on television?

HEY, JESUS WAS A JEW!!!
    Oh @allegro racism like that is up north too. Those New Englanders I used to be around hide it. Jewish racism I find comes from with a.) actually never having met a Jewish person- ever. Or b.) stereotyping all for the transgression of a few social/Econ climbing suburbanites.

Bleh.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh @allegro racism like that is up north too. Those New Englanders I used to be around hide it. Jewish racism I find comes from with a.) actually never having met a Jewish person- ever. Or b.) stereotyping all for the transgression of a few social/Econ climbing suburbanites.

Bleh.
    I live in the middle of a totally Jewish area (Chicago North Shore), my supermarket has a resident Rabbi on staff all the time except on the the Sabbath. Of course, that doesn't mean that people still aren't hateful; last night, look what happened. But, that's in a very Jewish area.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    When someone tries to make a legitimate argument for white privilege. I'm not sure who I despise more, those black people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and blame white people for any and everything wrong in their lives, or those white people who take on this attitude that black people can't possibly fend for themselves, and need every handout imaginable. I can imagine that's infuriating to decent blacks people.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

HEY, JESUS WAS A JEW!!!
    Yeah, there's a few.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    When someone tries to make a legitimate argument for white privilege. I'm not sure who I despise more, those black people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and blame white people for any and everything wrong in their lives, or those white people who take on this attitude that black people can't possibly fend for themselves, and need every handout imaginable. I can imagine that's infuriating to decent blacks people.
    Privilege doesn't imply anything about capableness or lack thereof. How do you define "white privilege"?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Privilege doesn't imply anything about capableness or lack thereof. How do you define "white privilege"?
    From what I've been told, if your skin is white then you have more access to chances at success. That's absurd imo.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i was such an awful prick, i wanted "the great below" played at my funeral. but i realized that that would just rip everybody's heart out.
    i was so reckless at the time too...i overdosed on heroin pretty fucking regularly. i didn't think there was a chance of me living past 25.
    so my death at that time was a pretty real possibility.

now i just want a regular funeral.
    i am terrified of being buried underground though. i know it's fucking insane, but there's this little part of me that fears that i might somehow be aware. i don't wanna be burned either.
    i dream of building a little tomb, and being laid in a bed, with a bedside table and posters on the wall and shit like that, but that would cost a LOT of money.

hopefully there is enough to put me in a public mausoleum.

i realize that i'm drifting here, but again, death really, really, really fucking pisses me off...at god i guess.
    that's why i kind of lean towards Christian Gnosticism, and the idea that the creator god (demiurge) was childish at best and evil at worst.
    that is the entity that trapped us in the flesh...christ was an emissary of the REAL god.
    I worked part-time for funeral directors at a funeral home with a crematory for about 3 months, about 6 yrs ago, just after graduating from college. I was doing the office work and the planning (funerals are like weddings but with a stiff), and cleaning up the mess that was their organization system. I wanted to be in a mausoleum, too, until I found out what happens to most bodies in mausoleums. Yuck. I asked one of my funeral director buds what HE'D do (little-known fact: most funeral directors are the funniest people on the planet; I guess you HAVE to be to handle that shit); he said if I'd asked him 20 years ago, he'd have said burial; now, definitely cremation. You're DEAD. Cremains take up a lot less room on the planet, they're portable, your cremains can be mixed with your wife's, your dog's, etc

I don't want a funeral. They're horrible, even for the survivors. I want maybe a small memorial at a restaurant, where I pay the bill and everybody eats and gets drunk on my tab.

See 27 Things To Do with Cremated Remains. FIREWORKS!!!

(I have some pretty funny stories from when I worked at that funeral home, like when a mortuary school intern put a body into the crematory but then opened it up a tad to "check" to see if she'd done it right and burned off her eyebrows, bangs, arm hair ... that was the last time an intern handled the crematory.)
    Last edited by allegro; 12-29-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    @green Defining it as "chances at success" oversimplifies it, but that is true. Demonstrably so. YES, different places have programs in place to give diversity a better chance, but those programs exist for a reason.

Some people interpret privilege as being a thing that cancels out other things, like poverty and stuff. I'm sure lots of poor white people don't want to hear they have a greater chance of success than a poor black person, but in many ways, they DO. They're more likely to not be hassled by police, more likely to get employed if they clean up well, etc, etc.

I'm white and from Alabama and my experience was much much different than what a black person would have grown up with. Even living in NYC I'm very aware of when my whiteness gives me an advantage to how I'm treated by some people. I can get away with shit more easily, am way less afraid of cops, etc.

My white privilege doesn't cancel out the sexism I experience, it wouldn't mean living in poverty wouldn't be awful, or anything like that. But it exists.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-29-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @green Defining it as "chances at success" oversimplifies it, but that is true. Demonstrably so. YES, different places have programs in place to give diversity a better chance, but those programs exist for a reason.

Some people interpret privilege as being a thing that cancels out other things, like poverty and stuff. I'm sure lots of poor white people don't want to hear they have a greater chance of success than a poor black person, but in many ways, they DO. They're more likely to not be hassled by police, more likely to get employed if they clean up well, etc, etc.

I'm white and from Alabama and my experience was much much different than what a black person would have grown up with. Even living in NYC I'm very aware of when my whiteness gives me an advantage to how I'm treated by some people.

My white privilege doesn't cancel out the sexism I experience, it wouldn't mean living in poverty wouldn't be awful, or anything like that. But it exists.
    No, your skin color has statistics on its side. That's not privilege, it's reality.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Privilege... is reality? It literally just means you have it better due to that specific factor than people who don't have it. Like, in the fact that I can see, I have it better than someone who is blind. In the fact that I am white, society is friendlier to me IN REGARDS TO THIS SINGLE FACTOR than it is to a black person. It doesn't mean your life is suddenly awesome or anything.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-29-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    This is on topic and good: Louis CK - I Enjoy Being White:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Privilege... is reality? It literally just means you have it better due to that specific factor than people who don't have it. Like, I have it better than someone who is blind. Or someone who doesn't pass for straight (which I surprisingy usually do). It doesn't mean your life is suddenly awesome or anything.
    Okay let me put this another way: it's a privilege to have intelligence, it's not a privilege to have white skin. It may be an advantage due to statistics as far as working habits; advantage for blacks in the NBA as far as genetics, but comparing literal blindness to the willful ignorance of bigots of all color is kinda strange.