Page 12 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    i have a golden retriever and i loves him to death. i live doggies. i HATE rats.
    lol. Have the Golden hang out with the rats. Those dogs are so sweet, they'll figure out a way to give those little rats 'dog cards'.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    brought Jack (my golden) over to the rats. Jack, having been trained very well, and being super submissive, hid under the table while the rats growled at him and tried attacking him. He never fought back, probably having learned from the experiences he had with the cat we had. the cat was old as fuck and had a bad hip, and when Jack was a puppy, he would always wanna play with the cat, and he would get yelled at, because he is MUCH stronger than he knows. He just acts like a bitch around other dogs, BUT HE IS STILL A DOG THAT DOES DOG STUFF. He barks at the mailman (behind the safety of the screen door), he listens to all sorts of commands, and you can even PLAY WITH HIM. The only game i can play with the rats is "try and pretend that $150 is worth watching these shitty dogs."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I've known some chihuahuas that did all kinds of tricks. Perhaps you are in the wrong business, and should apply at, say, Starbucks? Where the customers are all dogs?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    im not quitting my day job to watch these miserable fucks. also, a hundred fifty bucks buys a LOT of wine. like, A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    im not quitting my day job to watch these miserable fucks. also, a hundred fifty bucks buys a LOT of wine. like, A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.
    That's it! Feed the dogs wine.

My daily irritation: The big ass corporation I work at has a lot of naysayers - I mean a lot. Admitted, we're suppose to be the smart, reliable folks where projects go without a hitch, but dang - the sky has falling on these people so many times, they are sure to have brain damage from that. "It's not going to work" "we have to tell the customer now" "we have no support from development". Bitch moan whine. Tell me what you can do not what you can't. Let me help you move forward, but you gotta tell me what you need, not piss on my shoes with no path to success. Fuck off you whiners. They just like to whine at sales people because we sold it. Yeah, we did sell it and guess what? We are all employed because of the revenue so STFU and do your job.

Ahhh, that felt good. Better than the hour of yoga I did tonight.
    Last edited by Dra508; 07-12-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    if you like chihuahuas or think they they are actual dogs, please skip over this post... (post etc.)
    This was my friend's chi/papillon/whatever cross, Poppy, the exception to your rule:

Totally fearless, would go up to huge dogs in the park and be all like "Hey, 'sup?", she was whip smart and a total doll, we loved her to bits. She was from a pet store and- probably therefor- from a bad breeder (friend and I know a LOT more about how awful pet stores now than we did a decade ago) so she had many debilitating health problems and had to be put down when she was only 4. I still miss her, she was awesome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I'm supposed to go surfing in the Algarve Coast in Portugal in 7 days. What do I do one week before? Sprain my right ankle.
    Took the week off to let it rest but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be surfing the first week at least. Here's hoping for the last week.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    so someone calls the bank and pretends to be me, The bank is like ok! we'll send you a new debit card ASAP! Oh but when I go to the bank claiming fraudulent charges on my account I need to have 3 different forms of ID's and you have to talk to my mom... And to top it all off I was so steamed that when I left to go get my alternate forms of ID I rear ended a pickup in front of me and now have a busted ass car that I cant fix because some fucker needed new shoes on my dime. and then I locked myself out of my apartment.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elke in Cheer You Up thread View Post
    This article about bisexuality and biphobia. I'm going to print it, and carry it with me always, and when people start bitching about how I'm really just gay / straight / asexual / complicating things for myself / an attention whore; I'm going to make them read this.
    THIS REMINDS ME. I was at Pride, PRIDE of all things, when someone asked my friend what her sexual orientation was. She said "bisexual" and received the response "oh, you can't make up your mind then".
    GAH.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    THIS REMINDS ME. I was at Pride, PRIDE of all things, when someone asked my friend what her sexual orientation was. She said "bisexual" and received the response "oh, you can't make up your mind then".
    GAH.
    The most anti-bi people I've ever known were gay men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Stupid fucking new Gmail inbox.

edit: At least it's easy to disable.
    Last edited by heroicraptor; 07-16-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    Stupid fucking new Gmail inbox.

edit: At least it's easy to disable.
    Yeah I disabled that shit a while ago when it was in the "TRY ME!!!" mode

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    At least it isn't like facebook, where the "TRY ME!!!" mode continues with "... BECAUSE YOU AIN'T GONNA HAVE A CHOICE IN THE MATTER IN TWO WEEKS!!!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I swear to god I'll pistol whip the next person who thinks human trafficking doesn't happen in America.

Also, fuck these little shits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_marmorated_stink_bug

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    so my dog has 6 weeks left to live. maybe less.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    so my dog has 6 weeks left to live. maybe less.
    Fuck, I'm so sorry to hear that. *hugs*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tried to set up a monthly donation to MSF, but apparently you have to be over 25.
    What is this bullshit? I'm good enough for Unicef, but not MSF? Bah!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Awake in the middle of the night, stuck with memories I'd rather forget. That kind of pisses me off.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    diazepam, jetlag and being unable to sleep because of the heat! Back to work tomorrow night (please Kate don't drop your Royal sprog till after Monday..please)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hate how the university has made it difficult for me to actually go to school. Today, I received an email telling me that my classes were going to be cancelled if I didn't chose to 1. update my immunization records, 2. setup a payment plan for my tuition/fees, 3. have my class registration finalized or 4. allow my financial aid to be applied to items that are not considered "important."

It doesn't make sense because I've done everything they ask of me and yet they still say that I can not have my financial aid and that if I don't act soon they will cancel my classes. But sure, it COULD BE that my immunization records are out of date, I might just need a check up or something. And yeah, I've thought about the fact that my school payments are going to be assisted by a third party. But I also thought that when I registered for classes, once I have my schedule all set then they would be finalized when I spoke with my advisor. And as for the items of least importance through the school, it just discribes things like parking permits, library fees, and so on - which I have taken care of in the past out of my own pocket while attending school.

I plan on calling the offices of Financial Aid and the Cashiers Office tomorrow morning, first thing to see what I need to do for them. I'm sure they will be most helpful in getting everything I need together.

TL;DR - School (University) stuff...
    Last edited by REPLICA; 07-18-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Spelling... Yeah, I'm a Tourism student.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fucking immigration, how does it work

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    To the UK it's pretty easy. My friend married her boyfriend and paid $300 for the visa. Of course, she then somehow turned into a massive chav.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    When people say "2K13" in reference to the year. JUST SAY 2013. IT'S THE EXACT SAME FUCKING LENGTH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To the UK it's pretty easy. My friend married her boyfriend and paid $300 for the visa. Of course, she then somehow turned into a massive chav.
    It's a known side effect of moving to the UK. I felt early symptoms before leaving, including massive Pot Noodle consumption, purchasing off-brand sodas, too much gossiping, daytime tv addiction, and frequent cursing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I'd love to know how your friend did it for $300 when it's cost me thousands of pounds and more jumping through hoops than I could have ever imagined to get permanent residency in the UK as a US citizen. I think its harder to get in the US but I still wouldn't call it 'easy' here.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    I'd love to know how your friend did it for $300 when it's cost me thousands of pounds and more jumping through hoops than I could have ever imagined to get permanent residency in the UK as a US citizen. I think its harder to get in the US but I still wouldn't call it 'easy' here.
    Are you married to a UK person? She married him in May of last year, filled in the forms/references, paid this $300 thing, and was here by October. She'd been trying for a couple of years before they got married, but this seemed to speed it up. I also have a US friend that's been here for 10 years on a work visa and has been living with her partner for 8 years but is struggling to get her visa renewed before it expires next month.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, my husband is a UK citizen which is how I got my visa. Maybe it was cheaper because they got married before she came over and I got married after I'd got here? Who knows. I won't pretend to understand the whole immigration system. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wasting 20 minutes trying to turn off video embeds on a post on a certain Nine Inch Nails forum, only to find that you can't link to a specific time on the video thus destroying the entire point if the post. Good job.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think it varies on how easy it is from country to country, my friend from the Philippines is having a hard time trying to stay in the UK but my Australian friend found it ridiculously easy, no hassle, all he had to do was get a crappy part time job. Commonwealth countries/former British colonies including the U.S, Indians, dispora from the mandatory Palestine days, Jamacia etc, and of course European Union nations tend to have it easier in general. But for a lot its incredibly difficult and conservatives have already began curbing immigration to UK dramatically now. For some its easy but for others it can be rather sketchy and complicated.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Failed driving test
    I made one genuine mistake which I accept, the rest was just bullshit about me driving too slow/not looking: I was looking all the time.
    Now because I don't have time to schedule another test before moving, I have to be a learner in Indiana for six fucking months. Gah.